TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bruiser Chong

And So it Begins

Guest Failed Mascot

Hillenbrand is suppose to DH and the Red Sox don't want Mike Cameron...but Jerry Seinfeld is sure gonna be pissed off if he ends up getting traded. He recruited him with a videotape of his material and talking about how good Queens was on a Jet trip that was given to Cameron.

Guest Failed Mascot

Terry Addams is a championship caliber player. He got his ring this year.

I don't know but that doesn't sound like the usual Mike Cameron...

that's cause it's the pissed off Mike Cameron. And this is why they should have got Delgado instead.

Cameron didn't really sound pissed, it just sounds like he wants to play center field. If he can, he should. Half of his value is that he's a terrific defensive player. There's little value for a right fielder with a good glove, but sub-par OBP. Given the need of the Houston Astros, I am sure there is a deal out there.

I don't think he'll end up with the Astros. Most likely Arizona (for who?), Cubs, A's, or super longshots, the Yankees and the Red Sox.

Cubs have Corey Patterson, A's have Mark Kotsay, and the Red Sox have Johnny Damon. For Cameron to earn his salary, he MUST play center field.

Beside the money factor, does anybody think the Yankees held off Beltran for the fact Juan Pierre is a FA next year?

I doubt it. Pierre would be a very nice pickup for most teams, but it seems like faulty strategy to wait a year on the chance that you can sign a different guy (its never a guarantee, even for the Yankees). It does help that Bernie Williams' contract is up after this season.

Guest Failed Mascot

I think Bernie will resign with the Yanks and retire after the 07 season.

No. 

If you're excluding money from the discussion, why would you ever choose Pierre over Beltran?

1. Less money.

2. I'm pretty sure hes just as good D wise as Beltran, minus arm strength.

3. He gets on base a shitload, and can set the table for the rest offesnse.

I'd still take Beltran obviously, but Pierres nothing to cry about.

EDIT: About the Yankees payroll. Isn't it going to go down next year? Considering Bernie, Brown, Karsay, Gordon, Stanton are all off the blocks.

EDIT: About the Yankees payroll. Isn't it going to go down next year? Considering Bernie, Brown, Karsay, Gordon, Stanton are all off the blocks.

Yes, but they still have to replace them, and their farm does not look promising.

Guest Failed Mascot

Other players also get a raise. Like Giambi, who makes $11mill in 05 and then it jumps to $18mill in 06.

I'm praying for a buyout. If I were Giambi, theres no way I'd be able to take the heat from the fans and NY media.

Also, I was thinking about this today, and I really feel bad for Mike Mussina. They should him name him "almost" or somthing. ALMOST won 20 games, ALMOST won a WS ect ..

Giambi has been bashed so F'n hard, I can't find it in my heart to hate on the guy, like so many classless Yankee fans will no doubt do should he suit up for us next season. For his sake I hope he takes the buyout and goes to some small market like KC or Minnesota where he can either make a nice comeback story or continue flaming out, without the biggest media spotlight in the world beating down on him.

Guest Failed Mascot

Cashman said today that Jason Giambi will be reporting to Tampa for Spring Training. A buyout aint gonna happen since Giambi took a backloaded contract.

I don't hate Giambi. I mean, I don't like what he did, but hes still human, and people make mistakes. Honestly, if he turns back into the old Giambi this year (highly doubtful) Yankee fans won't care. I really do hope something is worked out.

Beside the money factor, does anybody think the Yankees held off Beltran for the fact Juan Pierre is a FA next year?

Oddly enough, I heard a couple of rumblings along those same lines today, except that it was Torii Hunter that was the player in question.

I'd take Beltran over either of them, though.

It's true that 2005 is the last year of Pierre's four-year deal. Pierre will earn about $3.4 million this season, and he made about $2.4 million in 2004. But while Pierre's contract expires after the season, the speedy center fielder isn't necessarily a free agent in 2006. General manager Larry Beinfest said a few weeks ago that Pierre would be arbitration-eligible in 2006. Based on service time, Pierre would not be a free agent until 2007. So the Marlins will have Pierre for two more seasons. Considering his value to the club, and how respected he is by the front office, retaining Pierre seems to be a priority through at least the 2006 season and maybe beyond.

All credit to MLB.com

Also, Paul LoDuca is officially a Marlin for the next three years.

And Jeff Loria is meeting with Delgado personally. I see a Pudge like, unexpected source of funds to open up to make this happen. I have my fingers crossed.

Oddly enough, I heard a couple of rumblings along those same lines today, except that it was Torii Hunter that was the player in question.

I'd take Beltran over either of them, though.

Do you have a link?

;)

I read about the LoDuca resigning, saw that they still have interest in Delgado and swear to god I must've thought it was 1994, 'cause for a second I was wondering why they'd be in the market for another catcher (Delgado) when they just resigned LoDuca.

I read about the LoDuca resigning, saw that they still have interest in Delgado and swear to god I must've thought it was 1994, 'cause for a second I was wondering why they'd be in the market for another catcher (Delgado) when they just resigned LoDuca.

Huh?? Carlos Delgado is a 1st baseman (he has played 2 games as a catcher, last in 1994).

Uh yeah, that's why I said I must've thought it was 1994 or something when I originally read Mik's post, since I for some reason initially thought that there was no need for the Marlins to continue talks with Delgado since they resigned LoDuca.

Delgado was a catcher when he came, but injuries sent him over to first base.

I'd love to see Hunter in pinstripes, but I can't see Minnesota letting him go, by all accounts he's a great clubhouse guy and loves playing for them.

Technically he's already in pinstripes. ;)

Who's more overrated for their defense by ESPN, Torii Hunter or Derek Jeter?