TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
strummer

War Games at Survivor Series?

According to the latest Observer, Hunter pitched the idea of making the main event WarGames, because it's a match that he has always wanted to do. Vince shot it down, for the reasons that you'd expect.

Oh, sure, NOW Vince shoots down one of HHH's ideas.

...hey, small slightly on topic, slightly off question.

What were the exact rules for War Games again?

Since I'm planning on doing War Games for one of the E-Feds I'm in, I want to remember the rules for the match.

...hey, small slightly on topic, slightly off question.

What were the exact rules for War Games again?

Since I'm planning on doing War Games for one of the E-Feds I'm in, I want to remember the rules for the match.

i believe it started off 1 on 1, then every 5 minutes (or probably 2 minutes come the late 90s editions) another person would come in - and which team got to come in first would be decided by a "coin toss" (i.e. heels would win it every year) and (this is the bit i'm not sure if i'm right or not) it could only end once all members of every team were in the ring, by pinfall or submission only.

Maybe Maven will play the role in war games much like Brian Pillman did back in 92.

But who would be the one to drop him on his head, ala Sid, with 2 powerbombs? I guess Batista.

According to the latest Observer, Hunter pitched the idea of making the main event WarGames, because it's a match that he has always wanted to do. Vince shot it down, for the reasons that you'd expect. Also,Vince was behind putting Snitsky in the main event instead of Flair, feeling that it made the match more interesting.

Yeah vince i'm sure putting Snitsky in with evolution and edge really makes a whole lot of sense.

I'm surprised this thread got so big as this rumour always comes up around Survivor Series. Vince won't do it and if he did you can bet people would be complaining he botched the concept. I'm not too sad since we have all seen what Vince has done with past wcw/nwa creations. It's not a pretty sight and maybe Vince is trying to save face by not bludgeoning another "can't miss" concept, but I think we know the real reason anyways. We have read his remarks about bringing back wcw with a negative tone. The elimination chamber is his version of the war games just like Ted Dibase was his version of Ric Flair, Demolition his version of Road Warriors, and the gang warz(DX/Nation and the lesser groups) his response to the nwo.

Actually, putting Snitsky in the main event does make it a little more interesting than with Flair in it, at least on one level. With Flair, you know he's either tapping out or getting pinned. At least with Snitsky there is doubt as to how he's losing, because he probably won't be losing by pinfall or submission.

I can live without War Games, but they need SOMETHING to spice up this match. Gene Snitsky was a jobber just over a month ago and while Maven has gotten some talk on the Internet, he's been almost COMPLETELY M.I.A. on television. And THESE are the guys you're filling up your main event with for a Big Four PPV?

This match is just SCREAMING of "time killer" until the Royal Rumble rolls around. So one team gets to control Raw for a month? WHO CARES.

Put a cage on this... Hell in the Cell... Elimination Chamber... SOMETHING... ANYTHING. As it stands right now, this is looking WEAK.

EDIT: The more I think about this, I'm probably extra pissed about it because the last time we got a PPV in Cleveland, it was Invasion. And that show was headlined by a COMPLETELY worthless 10-man tag main event. No stips, nothing. Just a glorified Raw main event that included guys like the Dudley Boys and Rhyno to take up space.

I feel like this is the same thing all over again.

As much as Snitsky has amused me, I really wished Flair would be in the ME. Considering, I've gone to shows on and off since 1989 (and this is the last show I'll be attending for a LONG while . . . too expensive) and have NEVER seen Ric Flair wrestle, it'd be nice to get this little monkey off my back.

Why don't they just but the electric chair in the center of the ring......Snitsky must pay for his sins and fry like Abullah the Butcher did in the past.