TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bob_barron

One Day Left by Michael Moore

Point 17 is especially bullshit, seeing how it seemed that so many were voting against George W. Bush, and not FOR John Kerry. So many people hate Bush with all their being that they would have voted for just about anyone who was running against him.

NBC's poll found that the youth vote did vote more for Kerry, but only by a slim margin. Like their parents, they were divided 50-50 on whether the war was a good idea.

In short, aiming for the young isn't a good idea for Democrats, because they simply tend to follow in their parents' mold. Perhaps in a more rebellious age, it would prove a more successful tactic.

Moore's even more dilusional comparing liberal today to liberal in the time of JFK. It's definition has done almost a 180 especially on military and defense matters.

I went to the JFK museum in Dallas, and was shocked to find he was polled as the greatest president ever. Bay of Pigs? And everyone blames Vietnam on Nixon, who got us OUT of it, while JFK got us into it.

Point 17 is especially bullshit, seeing how it seemed that so many were voting against George W. Bush, and not FOR John Kerry. So many people hate Bush with all their being that they would have voted for just about anyone who was running against him.

NBC's poll found that the youth vote did vote more for Kerry, but only by a slim margin. Like their parents, they were divided 50-50 on whether the war was a good idea.

In short, aiming for the young isn't a good idea for Democrats, because they simply tend to follow in their parents' mold. Perhaps in a more rebellious age, it would prove a more successful tactic.

But what if the young voters actually made the choice themselves and it had nothing to do with their parents? Some young people I know, 50-50 those who did and didn't vote for Bush still think the war was a good idea just poorly executed.

For some of the young voters, it had nothing to do with their parents. They made a choice that the candiates were not that different and the war wasn't completely the wrong decision it was made out to be.

And quite a few I had discussions with were very much pissed off by the "draft" talk since when they would research it, the only names popping up wanting to use the draft were with a (D) next to them.

It is entirely possible some of these kids did rebel, only the other direction. Why is it impossible to believe some young voters turned on their Democratic parents and voted Republican?

I went to the JFK museum in Dallas, and was shocked to find he was polled as the greatest president ever. Bay of Pigs? And everyone blames Vietnam on Nixon, who got us OUT of it, while JFK got us into it.

Ummm, actually Johnson got us into Vietnam the most. Kennedy was ready to get us out of it when he took a bullet to the head iirc.

Kennedy was probably one of the Presidents that most divided the country I think. It doesn't seem anyone I have ever talked to about the Kennedy years was indifferent to him. They either really really loved him or were really really glad someone shot him in the head.

Most President have lunatic fringes for and against them with many undecided voters....Kennedy it seems was either loved or hated beyond belief.

So, because the "most liberal" guy in the Senate lost to a very conservative President who was unpopular with a lot of people for various reasons by a mere 3 million votes...the answer in 2008 for the Dems is another liberal?

May as well fire Terry and replace him with Mikey right now. He's got his chubby fingers on the pulse of the American voting public.

"What's up with points #8 and #10???

African-Americans = Good health care and fair governance???"

I think Mikey means that in 50 years hispanics should be the majority population and they'll be Democrats. Except, you know, half of them may end up becoming Republican and/or they may not necessarily experience population growth at the current levels. Of course, based on current theory, at least the demographic trend should be correct, although not necessarily the ideologic.

Thursday, November 4th, 2004

My first thoughts after the election...

Cpl. Roberto Abad...

Edited for Truth:

Thursday, November 4th, 2004

My first thoughts after the election...

Snickers, Milkey Way, Three Musketeers, Payday, Skittles, M & M's, Reeses Pieces, Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, Kit Kats, Big Kat, Butterfinger, Baby Ruth, Nestle, Hershey, Chunky, Bit 'o Honey, Big Mac, Fillet o' Fish, Quarter Pounder, Double Quarter Pounder, TRIPLE Quarter Pounder, Grilled Chicken Sandwich, Big Breakfast, Sausage Biscuit, Egg McMuffin, Hash Browns, Large Fries, Triple-Thick Milkshakes, McFlurry, Whopper, Double Whopper, Double Cheeseburger, Double Cheeseburger with Bacon, Wendy's Classic Single, Wendy's Classic Double, Wendy's Classic Triple, Wendy's Big Bacon Classic, Chicken McNuggets, Frosty, Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Jolt, RC Cola, Tab, Snapple, Ice Cream, Sorbet, Pizza Hut, Dominos, Papa Johns, Little Caeser's, KFC, Old Country Buffet, Golden Corral Buffet, Big Boy, IHop, Sonic, Coca-Cola, Sprite, 7up, Chex Mix, Pringles, Lays, Ruffles, Gummi Worms, Gummie Bears...

I can't do this anymore, my tummys starting to grumble...

Ummm, actually Johnson got us into Vietnam the most. Kennedy was ready to get us out of it when he took a bullet to the head iirc.

Kennedy was probably one of the Presidents that most divided the country I think. It doesn't seem anyone I have ever talked to about the Kennedy years was indifferent to him. They either really really loved him or were really really glad someone shot him in the head.

Most President have lunatic fringes for and against them with many undecided voters....Kennedy it seems was either loved or hated beyond belief.

I'm interested in Kennedy's life right now and reading about the things people didn't know about when he was President. Like how his glowing healthy look in the debates compared to Nixon's exhausted five-o' clock-shadow look was actually because he was on cortisone injections, that had he foregone, would've made him look even more ill than Nixon. He had so many health problems: Addison's disease, ulcers, a back that was so bad he couldn't pick up his kids....who's to say he would've survived a second term?

So, because the "most liberal" guy in the Senate lost to a very conservative President who was unpopular with a lot of people for various reasons by a mere 3 million votes...the answer in 2008 for the Dems is another liberal?

That most liberal thing was a loaded question. It looked at Kerry's record when he was basically Senator Gone, dropping into DC only to vote on a party plank issue. If he was there without a campaign to deal with, it would have wound up differently.

To be honest, I think Kerry's campaign promises were way close to the middle of the road.

So you put lives lost in a war above innocent lives taken away by TERRORISM?

You know what? FUCK YOU. Trying to claim that a fucking ELECTION is worse then watching planes flown into buildings and killing thousands of innocents makes you damn near as fucking evil as the fucking cowards who committed the acts, cocksucker.

I'm sick of your snivelling, pandering, fuckheaded bullshit propaganda, so enjoy having a nice, fat suspension where you can spend a couple of weeks dreaming up more unmitigated nonsense just to piss people off, jackass.

I think he's a moron and all that but keep him in around APO.

You and teke are kicking out all the CE whipping boys

Guest MikeSC
Apathy is king......it's sad times we're living in.

It's astonishing. When I think you've hit the apex of the idiocy mountain --- you always prove me wrong.

-=Mike

Guest MikeSC
Your apathetic in the consequences this entails, think what you like about Michael Moore, but he is sincere. The loss of victims in this unwarrented war, and the loss of Iraqi and Afghani lives that seem less important. It's distgusting. For this monster to be re-elected is a crime against humanity. The next four years lies on the blood of American voters hands. Those succumbed to this regieme, will not take this sitting down. We will not accept this regieme , full of risregard for human life......

And a win by Kerry would kill the country and posion the political discourse beyond repair.

The correct choice was made.

-=Mike

Guest MikeSC
Your apathetic in the consequences this entails, think what you like about Michael Moore, but he is sincere. The loss of victims in this unwarrented war, and the loss of Iraqi and Afghani lives that seem less important. It's distgusting. For this monster to be re-elected is a crime against humanity. The next four years lies on the blood of American voters hands. Those succumbed to this regieme, will not take this sitting down. We will not accept this regieme , full of risregard for human life......

Of course, we'll kindly ignore the blood of over 300,000 Iraqis who died between 1991-2003 because of Saddam abusing the Food-for-Oil program for all it was worth. Who is being apathetic here?

Well we sure ignored the gassing when it took place, and no one seemed to give one shit about it, oh until it became a convenient talking point for the drum beating leading up to the war.

Except we were THE country who stopped dealing with Iraq once we learned of it. One of our former allies continued.

But, they're good and moral and we're evil.

-=Mike

Moore's list continues.

18. I tend to make a lot more money is President Bush remains in office, and that's all I care about.

Moore.jpg

Look out snack machine, Mikey has money.

Not that it would have mattered...to get to his candy bars, Moore would have slammed through it.

Was it Moore who was stupid enough to say the Iraq War is the worst war in the history of our country? Cause I can't remember if it was him or some idiot with a blogspace.

I think he's a moron and all that but keep him in around APO.

You and teke are kicking out all the CE whipping boys

I took the suspension off after cooling down a bit.

But I still think he's a sniveling fuckhead, though.

usofcanada.jpg

November 7th, 2004 12:58 pm

GOD HELP AMERICA; THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN...

The Mirror

THEY say that in life you get what you deserve. Well, today America has deservedly got a lawless cowboy to lead them further into carnage and isolation and the unreserved contempt of most of the rest of the world.

This once-great country has pulled up its drawbridge for another four years and stuck a finger up to the billions of us forced to share the same air. And in doing so, it has shown itself to be a fearful, backward-looking and very small nation.

This should have been the day when Americans finally answered their critics by raising their eyes from their own sidewalks and looking outward towards the rest of humanity.

And for a few hours early yesterday, when the exit polls predicted a John Kerry victory, it seemed they had.

But then the horrible, inevitable truth hit home. They had somehow managed to re-elect the most devious, blinkered and reckless leader ever put before them. The Yellow Rogue of Texas.

A self-serving, dim-witted, draft-dodging, gung-ho little rich boy, whose idea of courage is to yell: "I feel good," as he unleashes an awesome fury which slaughters 100,000 innocents for no other reason than greed and vanity.

A dangerous chameleon, his charming exterior provides cover for a power-crazed clique of Doctor Strangeloves whose goal is to increase America's grip on the world's economies and natural resources.

And in foolishly backing him, Americans have given the go-ahead for more unilateral pre-emptive strikes, more world instability and most probably another 9/11.

Why else do you think bin Laden was so happy to scare them to the polls, then made no attempt to scupper the outcome?

There's only one headline in town today, folks: "It Was Osama Wot Won It."

And soon he'll expect pay-back. Well, he can't allow Bush to have his folks whoopin' and a-hollerin' without his own getting a share of the fun, can he?

Heck, guys, I hope you're feeling proud today.

To the tens of millions who voted for John Kerry, my commiserations.

To the overwhelming majority of you who didn't, I simply ask: Have you learnt nothing? Do you despise your own image that much?

Do you care so little about the world beyond your shores? How could you do this to yourselves?

How appalling must one man's record at home and abroad be for you to reject him?

Kerry wasn't the best presidential candidate the Democrats have ever fielded (and he did deserve a kicking for that "reporting for doo-dee" moment), but at least he understood the complexity of the world outside America, and domestic disgraces like the 45 million of his fellow citizens without health cover.

He would have done something to make that country fairer and re-connected it with the wider world.

Instead America chose a man without morals or vision. An economic incompetent who inherited a $2billion surplus from Clinton, gave it in tax cuts to the rich and turned the US into the world's largest debtor nation.

A man who sneers at the rights of other nations. Who has withdrawn from international treaties on the environment and chemical weapons.

A man who flattens sovereign states then hands the rebuilding contracts to his own billionaire party backers.

A man who promotes trade protectionism and backs an Israeli government which continually flouts UN resolutions.

America has chosen a menacingly immature buffoon who likened the pursuit of the 9/11 terrorists to a Wild West, Wanted Dead or Alive man-hunt and, during the Afghanistan war, kept a baseball scorecard in his drawer, notching up hits when news came through of enemy deaths.

A RADICAL Christian fanatic who decided the world was made up of the forces of good and evil, who invented a war on terror, and thus as author of it, believed he had the right to set the rules of engagement.

Which translates to telling his troops to do what the hell they want to the bad guys. As he has at Guantanamo, Abu Ghraib and countless towns across Iraq.

You have to feel sorry for the millions of Yanks in the big cities like New York, Washington, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles and San Francisco who voted to kick him out.

These are the sophisticated side of the electorate who recognise a gibbon when they see one.

As for the ones who put him in, across the Bible Belt and the South, us outsiders can only feel pity.

Were I a Kerry voter, though, I'd feel deep anger, not only at them returning Bush to power, but for allowing the outside world to lump us all into the same category of moronic muppets.

The self-righteous, gun-totin', military lovin', sister marryin', abortion-hatin', gay-loathin', foreigner-despisin', non-passport ownin' red-necks, who believe God gave America the biggest dick in the world so it could urinate on the rest of us and make their land "free and strong".

You probably won't be surprised to learn of would-be Oklahoma Republican Senator Tom Coburn who, on Tuesday, promised to ban abortion and execute any doctors who carried them out.

He also told voters that lesbianism is so rampant in the state's schools that girls were being sent to toilets on their own. Not that any principal could be found to back him up.

These are the people who hijack the word patriot and liken compassion to child-molesting. And they are unknowingly bin Laden's chief recruiting officers.

Al-Qaeda's existence is fuelled by the outpourings of America's Christian right. Bush is its commander-in-chief. And he and bin Laden need each other to survive.

Both need to play Lex Luther to each others' Superman with their own fanatical people. Maybe that's why the mightiest military machine ever assembled has failed to catch the world's most wanted man.

Or is the reason simply that America is incompetent? That behind the bluff they are frightened and clueless, which is why they've stayed with the devil they know.

VISITORS from another planet watching this election would surely not credit the amateurism.

The queues for hours to register a tick; the 17,000 lawyers needed to ensure there was no cheating; the $1.2bn wasted by parties trying to discredit the enemy; the allegations of fraud, intimidation and dirty tricks; the exit polls which were so wildly inaccurate; an Electoral College voting system that makes the Eurovision Song Contest look like a beacon of democracy and efficiency; and the delays and the legal wrangles in announcing the victor.

Yet America would have us believe theirs is the finest democracy in the world. Well, that fine democracy has got the man it deserved. George W Bush.

But is America safer today without Kerry in charge? A man who overnight would have given back to the UN some credibility and authority. Who would have worked out the best way to undo the Iraq mess without fear of losing face.

Instead, the questions facing America today are - how many more thousands of their sons will die as Iraq descends into a new Vietnam? And how many more Vietnams are on the horizon now they have given Bush the mandate to go after Iran, Syria, North Korea or Cuba...?

Today is a sad day for the world, but it's even sadder for the millions of intelligent Americans embarrassed by a gung-ho leader and backed by a banal electorate, half of whom still believe Saddam Hussein was behind 9/11.

Yanks had the chance to show the world a better way this week, instead they made a thuggish cowboy ride off into the sunset bathed in glory.

And in doing so it brought Armageddon that little bit closer and re-christened their beloved nation The Home Of The Knave and the Land Of The Freak.

God Help America.

Guest MikeSC

And the left ignores that the more they trash Bush, the more popular he gets.

Thank you, int'l left, for helping win this election for us.

-=Mike

Guest MikeSC
I live in Jesusland.

Again, if people don't like Bush and want to win an election, calling the MAJORITY stupid is a piss-poor way of achieving their goal.

My advice for gay marriage advocates works for all political movements.

-=Mike

^ That's nice, KKK, but if you actually looked at the country in terms of how many voters live where, the country is primarily purple.

It is entirely possible some of these kids did rebel, only the other direction. Why is it impossible to believe some young voters turned on their Democratic parents and voted Republican?

The old "no heart/no brain" rule. Kids don't want people who are going to saddle them with paying for things. They're already going to be paying plenty for their parents' leftovers anyway.

edited to say: yes, his post was really old, but I just noticed it now. D:

Guest MikeSC
Again, if people don't like Bush and want to win an election, calling the MAJORITY stupid is a piss-poor way of achieving their goal.

Problem is that the majority IS stupid. You know it, you've ranted about uninformed ignorant voters before.

I wouldn't rant about them being stupid because they voted against what I wanted. I didn't call anybody stupid for voting for Clinton.

People can be quite stupid. HOWEVER, if you're trying to argue a point, calling the people you're attempting to persuade "Stupid" is a pretty poor tactic.

-=Mike