TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheLastBoyscout

Kurt Angle was beaten by a TE kid.

Guest TheLastBoyscout

Was anyone else laughing their ass off at Kurt Angle getting put in a keylock and trapped by that kid. Obviously the ref wasn't laughing because he instantly counted him down even though his shoulders were up. Then Angle got up and started bitching at the kid (obviously his amatuer skills are a little... rusty).

Angle got bitched out by a development guy and even if the people out in TV Land don't know it... you know the boys in the back are laughing at him about it.

Guest TheLastBoyscout
That kid isn't just a development guy. He has UFC training.

So don't open your mouth if you don't know the full story.

He's a development guy in the WWE's eyes. And even with UFC training it's still kind of funny to find out that KURT ANGLE is not quite in DAN PRUDER's league when it comes to wrestling.

Guest TheLastBoyscout
Never seen it but this is the WWE. It was probably rigged.

No, having some experience with high school wrestling this looked legit. He got the first guy with a front facelock, went for it with Pruder, who ducked away and got a hold of Angle's arm. Angle was trapped on top of Pruder and was seconds away from tapping out legit before the ref counted Pruder's shoulders down (despite one being like three inches off the ground). It looked like Angle was there to teach the kids some respect and got reminded why he wouldn't last a damn day in PRIDE or UFC.

Guest Tjhe CyNick

Its not like he got Angle to tap or anything. I mean, he might be able to, but he does have the MMA training behind him. So its not like Josh Matthews came off the street and punked him out.

From everything Ive read about MMA/shoot wrestling they all say the sport has eveolved a great deal even since Angle's day. So the fact that the dude was able to hold his won with Angle really isn't that shocking. At least it isn't to me.

Guest wildpegasus

No, having some experience with high school wrestling this looked legit. He got the first guy with a front facelock, went for it with Pruder, who ducked away and got a hold of Angle's arm. Angle was trapped on top of Pruder and was seconds away from tapping out legit before the ref counted Pruder's shoulders down (despite one being like three inches off the ground). It looked like Angle was there to teach the kids some respect and got reminded why he wouldn't last a damn day in PRIDE or UFC.

Hmm, maybe I'll check this out later but I need sleep. It could've been made to look real. Why would they put it on tape delayed TV if Angle was legit shown up?

That kid isn't just a development guy. He has UFC training.

So don't open your mouth if you don't know the full story.

He's a development guy in the WWE's eyes. And even with UFC training it's still kind of funny to find out that KURT ANGLE is not quite in DAN PRUDER's league when it comes to wrestling.

When was the last time Angle had an actual amatuer wrestling match?

Almost a decade.

Dan Pruder is known by all the fans to have UFC experience. As you can tell by the UFC chants in the crowd.

Guest TheLastBoyscout
Its not like he got Angle to tap or anything. I mean, he might be able to, but he does have the MMA training behind him. So its not like Josh Matthews came off the street and punked him out.

From everything Ive read about MMA/shoot wrestling they all say the sport has eveolved a great deal even since Angle's day. So the fact that the dude was able to hold his won with Angle really isn't that shocking. At least it isn't to me.

Angle would have tapped had the ref not stopped it unfairly. And by unfair ref jobs I'm talking Sapp/Hoost levels. It's obvious that the WWE didn't want one of their top guys to lose to a TE kid could make a career in TNA or ROH on being the guy who punked out Kurt Angle.

It's really no surprise to me, Angle's not as good as he says he is at anything.

Guest TheLastBoyscout

Hmm, maybe I'll check this out later but I need sleep. It could've been made to look real. Why would they put it on tape delayed TV if Angle was legit shown up?

Because the kid still got pinned (albeit unfairly) and only people who know what to look for would know what a bad showing he had.

Guest LooneyTune

UFC fighting can be Amatuer Wrestlers, Judo, Karate, Tai Kwan Do (sp?), Shoot, etc. Trying to say Amatuer wrestlers > anyone in UFC is a lie because some of them ARE Amatuer wrestlers.

I am surprised Puder didn't beat Angle, but I'm sure he was told to not make himself look good against Angle.

Guest wildpegasus

Because the kid still got pinned (albeit unfairly) and only people who know what to look for would know what a bad showing he had.

Yeah, I thought about that while typing my last post but there still'd be a few people out there who'd know if something was up. What part of the show is this on anyway. SMackdown's replay just started 36 minutes ago here in Canada.

First guys making Big Show look like shit by not selling his slams and not being smart enough to even pretend to look intimidated, now they laugh at Angle's mic work and Pruder holds his own against the guy who's kayfabed as the best mat wrestler in the business...

Yeah, this live TE crap was a great idea :rolleyes:

Puder was a collegic wrestler, and he didn't really have Angle in anything serious - though I was still lovin it. The only person I have seen tapped out from that position was Sentoryu earlier this year against Giant Silva. For reference, both those guys are horrible fighters and should never be in the ring. If you want to see a sweet counter for that move, 2 weeks ago in the UFC Matt Hughes was in the same position and rolled over and secured a straight armbar with a second left on the clock.

I can't believe how the crowd was sold on this kid so quickly.

I can't believe how the crowd was sold on this kid so quickly.

Exactly.

*wonders if you all still realize wrestling is a work ;) *

Of course...we all should be 100% sure by now they weren't told to go out there and wrestle full blown. Puder didn't even put on anything serious..he just had one of Angle's arms around his back. It doesn't take much of a genious, or that strong of a person to get out of it. Plus, Puder's arms were down (I think, don't feel like checking right now)

But anyways, it seems as if they are already grooming him to be one of the end ones, or possibly the winner. I mean, the kid stands up to Big Show, then holds his own against Kurt Angle. And now, already he's the most popular, even beating out the Miz. And evidently he has some kind of fight skill, so if he wins, the end result of this TE may not be so horrible. I mean, he can probaly wrestle. And he's over. The two things most really care about seemingly...so yea.

MMA evolved since......ANGLE's day? LOL. Hell Royce Gracie could have tapped angle and that was at the START of UFC.

Considering Royce had problems with Dan Severn, "a foonote in wrestling history who lost his shot somewhere in the late 80's," it's not totally out of reason to think an in or near their prime Olympic wrestler could have beat him. But that's for a different forum.

Also, RRR, I've seen betetr guys than Sentoryu tapped from a kimura in the same (and sometimes more dominant) position, and considering Angle's arm was already getting put around his back, it's not far off to think Puder could've hurt him if left to.

I watched the tape. He gets Angle in that key lock, and even Tazz acknowledges that. After the "match" Angle says to him "why were you fighting back? Are you stupid? Are you fucking stupid?"

Interesting stuff. I voted for Puder.

yup wrestling is fake......it's hard to believe it is real when it is taped and could be edited.

I thought it was intresting that Puder owned up to losing to Angle and immediately went for a handshake, but Angle was having none of that (playing a character or not.)

As I've said in other threads, Puder's my pick.

Guest LooneyTune

Let us not forget, Angle owned Brock in their little "amatuer challenges" backstage during shows in 2002. (Hennig was the one who tried handing Brock his ass on the plane ride from hell, not Angle if anyone throws that in). I'm sure Angle could still "go" if he wanted to.

Yeah, but remember - MMA and amateur wrestling are two different things.

Unless I'm mistaken (and I don't think I am), you don't make guys tap in amateur wrestling; you just pin them.

Whereas in UFC, it's the opposite; you must make them tap.

Look at Dan Severn in his early UFC days - the guy could take someone down and be in complete control - and then he'd essentially just sit on them, because as an amateur wrestler, he had no other idea of how to win the fight.

So it is quite possible that, if that stuff was shoot (as it looked to me), that Angle was just trying to pin the kid, and got surprised with a submission hold.

Exactly, Maniac.

I think they were going for two different things. Angle, the wrestler, was going for position to get a pin. Puder was trying to lure him in to get a submission hold, not worrying about being pinned.

Angle definitely looked foolish, especially when he put the bad-mouth on Puder when Puder tried to shake his hand afterward.

Guest BDC

That and MMA guys are used to working on their backs. Amatuer wrestlers work at all costs not to get there.

First guys making Big Show look like shit by not selling his slams and not being smart enough to even pretend to look intimidated, now they laugh at Angle's mic work and Pruder holds his own against the guy who's kayfabed as the best mat wrestler in the business...

Yeah, this live TE crap was a great idea :rolleyes:

Oh jesus I wish I didn't stop watching SmackDown. This stuff sounds hilarious in a trainwreck sort of way and I want to see.

But anyways, it seems as if they are already grooming him to be one of the end ones, or possibly the winner. I mean, the kid stands up to Big Show, then holds his own against Kurt Angle. And now, already he's the most popular, even beating out the Miz. And evidently he has some kind of fight skill, so if he wins, the end result of this TE may not be so horrible. I mean, he can probaly wrestle. And he's over. The two things most really care about seemingly...so yea.

I think it's because the fans see him as someone who is "legit". "He could kick your ass" - they believe him. Is there any feeling in wrestling right now like that? The guy never fought in the UFC and they believe in him just on the basis of him saying "I'm an ultimate fighter, I can break your arms and legs", and then you have him saying it to the Big Show. Wrestling is lacking legitimacy and this guy has the market cornered on it.

Also, RRR, I've seen betetr guys than Sentoryu tapped from a kimura in the same (and sometimes more dominant) position, and considering Angle's arm was already getting put around his back, it's not far off to think Puder could've hurt him if left to.

I think Angle could have gotten out of it. He was stronger than Puder and has been hammerlocked before. He could have pulled his leg out and shifted his weight and gotten out of it.

I don't get why people are acting surprised that Puder was able to go with Angle. The dude does have MMA training and is the most experianced out of all the T.E. people. And for that one guy who said Angle basically owned that first guy, the reason Angle owned that first guy was because that guy was so tired and blown up from all the shit he did, Angle could have pushed the guy and he would have just fell down. I got a feeling Puder will win it, he's the one I'm going for since he just has the more experiance in all of this and is acting taking it serious unlike a few others. Also what it looked like to me, Puder was going for the submission while Angle was going for pin, if they were amuter wrestling, submissions are not allowed, and Puder's shoulder blades were down.