TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Arrested Development Season 2

And oh man this is the best episode yet, for the fourth week in a row.

This is one of the few shows I can think of that tops itself every week

Guest Askewniverse
And oh man this is the best episode yet, for the fourth week in a row.

Too bad there's only one more episode left in the season. Fuckin' Fox. There can't possibly be anything else Fox has to offer that's better than Arrested Development. I'd rather have more AD than Family Guy, American Dad, or yet another reality show.

If we're lucky, maybe they'll make the extra episodes anyway and put them on the Season Two DVD set.

Seriously, do any of you guys find Family Guy funny anymore? After watching every episode at least six times, the humor is DEAD to me and my core group of friends, and we used to love it.

Family Guy, while pretty funny, is pretty overrated to me. Give me some Futurama over that anyday.

Seriously, do any of you guys find Family Guy funny anymore? After watching every episode at least six times, the humor is DEAD to me and my core group of friends, and we used to love it.

Family Guy is still great to me, despite recent oversaturation. American Dad, man, I didn't laugh ONCE during that pilot. MAYBE I smiled once. That was the extent. So Republicans are stupid, okay, that's a daring cutting-edge idea for Hollywood. Way to blaze your own trail, Seth. I hope it lasts three weeks.

Family Guy, while pretty funny, is pretty overrated to me. Give me some Futurama over that anyday.

Seconded, Futurama is far superior, while Family Guy is really good and I still get some laughs out of it....most of the humor is shock humor so it loses it's effectiveness after seeing it so many times. There are still parts that crack me up every time, but not as much as on early viewings.

But anyway, AD is witout a doubt the funniest show on right now. Sucks next week is the finale, ME WANT MORE! Damn Fox...

This isn't the best episode ever simply because that joke about the side effects of those pills fell flat for me.

Best joke of the night: "She mistook the drowsy eye, alcohol warning for a winking eye, alcohol suggestion."

Guest Flyboy

I do, but I may be in the small minority..

Guest El Satanico
Seriously, do any of you guys find Family Guy funny anymore?

I do...the humor isn't the problem, there's just not enough episodes for it to be shown 5 days a week for 3 years.

I don't watch the reruns anymore, but I'll have no problem tuning in once the new season starts.

God, how is it that the show has kept topping itself for the last few weeks. I didn't get a chance to see it on Sunday night so I just watched it on my computer. I love the episodes that have something to do with Spring Break, they're always so damn good. And this seemed to be the first episode that Geoffry Tambour really had a chance to shine (As George that is). i'm so depressed that the season got cut to 18 episodes. I hate American Dad already.

Did anyone catch the callback when Buster was dancing around drunk? He was listening to the same music that Lucille was when she was dancing around in the episode where Buster moved out.

"And THAT'S, how you narrate a story!"

Oh fuck, that's THREE chicken dances.

I can't wait for the ultimate group chicken dance with all of them at the same time. :)

Yes, another classic episode. I hope to God that this show will return next season.

I fear for an AD return. I mean, it's intelligent humor and doesn't have a laugh track, so most of America probably doesn't know that it's supposed to be funny.

Plus, Fox has to make room for shows of such quality as Stacked, or Paris and Nicole annoying some more people at their jobs.

USA Today has its annual Save our Show thing and you can vote and say you want to keep AD.

Don't know if it will accomplish anything but it couldn't hurt. Vote to keep Joan of Arcadia too.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/ne...sos-story_x.htm

The link to vote-

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/save-our-shows.htm

It's on the bubble. I don't think they'd cancel it unless they had some great comedy pilots, which it doesn't sound like they do.

Regarding the other on the bubble comedies- Committed is as good as gone and the Office seems 50/50

Guest Sturgis
Regarding the other on the bubble comedies- Committed is as good as gone and the Office seems 50/50

That's a shame I liked Committed and I HATE most sitcoms. The Office does suck, but it's good to see Scrubs and Las Vegas getting renewed.

AD would be more successful if they gave it HALF the adtime to do Idol or any of their crappy reality and/or new shows.

I hope The Office sticks around also, I've been loving that show. It's one of only a very few shows that I actually make sure to watch every week now.

Committed was okay the few times I saw it. The laugh track was way too overbearing and the female characters were annoying. The guys and that Todd guy were hilarious.

I've liked the three episodes of the Office I've seen. Diversity Day was fantastic and probably my favourite sitcom episode this year. Last week's episode was pretty good. I still need to watch last night's episode. That Tuesday 9:30 slot is death though.

Commited is a mixed bag for me. It's got some funny moments, but it usually feels a bit mediocre. The Office is great, and is the 2nd best sitcom on TV right now. Unfortunately, it seems like one of those "Too good to be true" shows, and probably won't last too long.

Will & Grace isn't on the verge of being canceled, is it?

I certainly hope so. No other show on TV fills me with more bile and hatred then that show.

I bought the first season of Will & Grace back when Best Buy had it for $12, just because I know it has a following. After a while, I finally put in the first disc and watched the first few episodes. It was the first time in my life I had ever seen a second of the show.

Simply put, I don't see how anyone could get into that show. I'm to the point where I can't hardly stand the traditional sitcom anymore. I still love watching reruns of old shows, but none of the new shows with a laugh track are watchable to me. I don't know if it's because shows like Arrested Development, Scrubs, and yes even The Office have now spoiled me, or if the quality of those "laugh track" sitcoms just isn't what they used to be.