Sign in to follow this  
Prime Time Andrew Doyle

For the Bills Fans

Who would you rather be the Bill's Starter  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather be the Bill's Starter

• Willis McGahee
    • Travis Henry

Looking over McGahee's stats the past two weeks, 30 for 102 3.4 ypc 2 TD's & 37 for 132 for 3.5y pc 1 TD for a total of 67 for 234 for 3.4 ypc and 3 TD's, it doesn't seem very impressive, considering how well Henry carried the load for the team the last two years.

So thats the question, do you go with McGahee, who has 234 yards the past two games (albeit with a very average 3.4 ypc), or Travis Henry, who is already 4th on the clubs all time rushing list.

You go with Magehee. Pro sports is no place for sentiment and will lead to no good (see Clark, Wendel). I find the guy somewhat unlikable, but he's earned the right to stay as the starter.

Considering the team is 3-0 when Willis starts and the offense actually scores. Plus Cement shoes seems to actually MOVE in the pocket when he starts since he seems to trust Willis more as a blocker than Travis.

And the offense is 0-5 with Henry starting, he can't seem to catch the ball out of the backfield anymore and his blocking is below sub-par.

You start Willis and see if the offense continues to click. Henry is just trade bait now.

When is the trade deadline? I voted McGahee, they should have traded Henry before the season, I think they would have received a lot more than now, but if they wait until just before the deadline they might get something big from a team that is hurting at the RB situation.

Agreed...

plus it's not right to entirely knock the OL like I have so far this year, McGahee seems to work just fine with the same OL Henry couldn't do dick with...

On a side note, did I read it wrong or are the Bills leading the AFC is defense? they should be 5-3, NOT 3-5....losing to Oakland was inexcusable!

Agreed...

plus it's not right to entirely knock the OL like I have so far this year, McGahee seems to work just fine with the same OL Henry couldn't do dick with...

On a side note, did I read it wrong or are the Bills leading the AFC is defense? they should be 5-3, NOT 3-5....losing to Oakland was inexcusable!

Buffalo is very misleading.

This is a VERY good team. They really don't have problems anywhere on the team.

They have just failed to execute at times but I think that was more of adjusting to a new coach and still needing reps.

Lately, the offense has looked impressive and the defense has looked outstanding. Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if the Bills finished 9-7 or 10-6 for the season.

Yeah, I know how crazy that sounds but they have the offense and defense to rattle off wins like that.

You've got to go with McGahee, as the offense actually appears to have a pulse when his number is called. This is just speculation, but it seems that the offensive line seems to ramp up their game with McGahee, while they were perfectly content to watch Drew get the stuffing kicked out of him for the first half of the year.

well, other than the Pats next week and the Steelers at the end of the month, they have some very winnable games coming up, the Seahawks MIGHT give them trouble...I see 8-8 this season with hope for next year and a possible big trade involving Travis Henry, perhaps a move up in the draft...

Guest Salacious Crumb

Might as well just trade Travis Henry. I'm sure the Dolphins would give up a lot to actually get a decent back for next season.

Buffalo is very misleading.

This is a VERY good team. They really don't have problems anywhere on the team.

They have just failed to execute at times but I think that was more of adjusting to a new coach and still needing reps.

Lately, the offense has looked impressive and the defense has looked outstanding. Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if the Bills finished 9-7 or 10-6 for the season.

Yeah, I know how crazy that sounds but they have the offense and defense to rattle off wins like that.

Buffalo is similar to Jacksonville and Tampa in that their D is the key to keeping them in games, and it's up to the O to capitalize. Either team could easily be 5-3 like the Jags. A few bounces here and there, and maybe less punts from the opposition side of the field, and maybe Buffalo's record is flipped.

Whatever the case, I'll still be rooting against the Bills.

Who voted for Henry?

That's ridiculous.

He started the first 4 games...and did Nothing. He was hurt for the THIRD TIME this year in the first Jet game...and Willis came in for him. Willis in...offense moves.

Henry's still out against the Dolphins...and Willis turns in the first 100 yard game of the Bills season...in his first start.

THE NEXT WEEK...The braintrust decides to start Henry anyway (Henry by the way...has not been able to convert 3rd downs so far this year) and we get off to no start against Baltimore. Henry is benched...and Willis continues to move chains when hes put in.

Last week Willis keeps his starting job and gets another 100+ yards in his second start...and scores the first rushing TDs of the Bills season.

Yesterday...Willis starts his 3rd game...with his 3rd 100 yard game and he runs well on a damn good Jets DLine.

Henry flat out LOST the job. He was given more chances this year than I would have.

Also...NO SACKS the last 2 games. And 1 sack in Willis' 3 starts.

There is a difference in the way the ENTIRE offense runs with this one change.

Hey BPS, were you beyond stunned when Bledsoe did that spin move and took off for a 16 yard run?

I was like, "The hell....who was that guy???"

I haven't seen Drew move like that since Washington State.

McGahee. He's been on fire, is running faster than I would've imagined, and isn't likely to put the ball on the field, something that still worries me about Henry. Henry was fine for us for the last few seasons, but I'm beginning to think he's not in McGahee's league. The last two Bills wins have almost cemented McGahee as a more important runner overall too, as we almost always need him to play well in order to win.

Henry did okay the first few seasons, but I've lost hope on him being the guy to build the franchise around. Shop him around in the offseason, and hope for a good back-up RB who'll come cheaper than him, or a couple good offensive linemen.

Guest MikeSC

Trade Henry for a little OL help. My only concern is that it might not give Losman any playing time if they become competitive, as I think he can be a great player if given the chance when he finally heals.

-=Mike

When is the trade deadline? I voted McGahee, they should have traded Henry before the season, I think they would have received a lot more than now, but if they wait until just before the deadline they might get something big from a team that is hurting at the RB situation.

Trade deadline is Week 6 (already passed).

I'm not sure what Henry's contract situation is, if they can shop him around in the offseason, they can try and do what I suggested above. He'd be a great back-up, but I'd rather someone who's cheaper for cap reasons.

Hey BPS, were you beyond stunned when Bledsoe did that spin move and took off for a 16 yard run?

I don't think it was a 16-yard run. He had 4 carries for 16 yards. I'm pretty sure the big one was 8-10 yards, maybe a bit more, with another run for the rest of the yardage shortly after that play.

I'd have to check the full play-by-play later. But on the big Bledsoe run, he freaked me out when he stopped head-first. Why do quarterbacks do that all the time, when they got the slide rule to their advantage?

EDIT: He had a 17 yard run actually, but I'm pretty sure he had another gain, which makes his other runs losses.

I musta missed those highlights...Cement Shoes ran for 16???

Avoided a blitzing linebacker with a spin move and then scrambled for 16. Crowd ain't it up, announcers were laughing, Drew was chuckling and Mularkey looked at him like, "why can't you do that more often!"

Bledsoe was suprisingly mobile in the pocket against the Jets. He's never been like that.

It's like the whole team confidence is up when Willis is in the game.

I don't think it was a 16-yard run. He had 4 carries for 16 yards. I'm pretty sure the big one was 8-10 yards, maybe a bit more, with another run for the rest of the yardage shortly after that play.

I'd have to check the full play-by-play later. But on the big Bledsoe run, he freaked me out when he stopped head-first. Why do quarterbacks do that all the time, when they got the slide rule to their advantage?

Drew Bledsoe...slide....

Think about that for a second.

Might as well just trade Travis Henry. I'm sure the Dolphins would give up a lot to actually get a decent back for next season.

Why give up a lot, when the Dolphins can go after Edgerrin in free agency in the off-season?

if they beat the pats sunday, it will be time to start believing, brothers!

Considering it's the Patriots, who bounced back from the loss to Steelers and trounced the Rams (who, while they're not the team they were two or three years ago, are still somewhat strong), it's a big if.

I think they'll keep it close the way they have most of the time this year.

Might as well just trade Travis Henry.  I'm sure the Dolphins would give up a lot to actually get a decent back for next season.

Why give up a lot, when the Dolphins can go after Edgerrin in free agency in the off-season?

Keeping in mind that Edge has stated publically that he would like to play in Miami. On top of that, Buffalo said they had no intentions of helping a division rival.

Might as well just trade Travis Henry.  I'm sure the Dolphins would give up a lot to actually get a decent back for next season.

Keeping in mind that Edge has stated publically that he would like to play in Miami. On top of that, Buffalo said they had no intentions of helping a division rival.

Giving them Travis would definitely hurt more then help at this point, considering it means that they won't go after Edge.

I also want to know who picked Travis. Being a Bills fan and following this whole season, scratching my head as to why Mularkey constantly gave Henry as many chances as he did, well, makes this a no-brainer.

Who picked Henry?

Giving them Travis would definitely hurt more then help at this point, considering it means that they won't go after Edge.

I also want to know who picked Travis. Being a Bills fan and following this whole season, scratching my head as to why Mularkey constantly gave Henry as many chances as he did, well, makes this a no-brainer.

Who picked Henry?

In all fairness to Mularkey, there was a lot of questions regarding McGahee's health headed into the season, in spite of an impressive preseason performance, thus making the choice of making Henry the starter the reasonable one. That's why Mularkey gave Henry that and many other chances.

Big ups to McGahee for proving any doubters he had wrong.

Guest Leena

McGahee has the one big thing that Henry lacks... the ability to break long runs. And the Bills desperately need that.

I hate giving up Henry, though. He's still a quality back, and he fought his ass off last year for this pathetic team.

That's why I said before the season that they better trade away one of them now since the value is high. And the Bills could have got a lot for Henry in the offseason. Now, they'll be lucky to get a decent draft pick after this season.