TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NYU

The OAO Survivor Series 2004 Thread

Quick rundown of the card:

WWE Heavyweight Championship: John Bradshaw Leyfield© vs. Booker T

20041108_jblbooker_match.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------

Classic Survivor Series Elimination Match - Winner Gets Control of Raw: Chris Benoit/Chris Jericho/Maven/Randy Orton vs. Triple H/Batista/Edge/Gene Snitsky

20041108_orton_match.jpg

Classic Survivor Series Elimination Match: Eddie Guerrero/Rob Van Dam/The Big Show/John Cena vs. Kurt Angle/Carlito Carribean Cool/Mark Jindrak/Luther Reigns

20041108_guerrero_match.jpg

The Undertaker vs. John Heidenreich

20041108_takerheiden_match.jpg

WWE Intercontinental Championship: Shelton Benjamin© vs. Christian

20041108_intercont_match.jpg

WWE Women's Championship: Trish Stratus© vs. Lita

20041108_womens_match.jpg

WWE Cruiserweight Championship: Spike Dudley© vs. Rey Misterio vs. Billy Kidman vs. Chavo Guerrero Jr.

Image1114-1511TV31.jpg

Discuss.

Guest ian.

I don't really give a shit about this pay per view, and usually I'm at least a little interested in them. I didn't even know about that cruiser match...

Guest CronoT

I predict that the result of the RAW SS Elim. Match will decide the very life of the business. If Triple H's team wins, it could spell the end of the WWE as we know it.

If Orton's team wins, it could very well signal the end of the Triple H Domination Era of the WWE.

Sports Bar for me again tonight.

HHH's team losing would have him in the spotlight just as much as them winning, because then he'd be the focus of each face that controlled Raw that week.

Guest LooneyTune

First time in over a decade I'm not getting the PPV...mainly because I lost my digital cable. I'll have to wait a few weeks when the show comes out on VHS/DVD, but I'll be checking here to see if it's good.

Guest CronoT
Sports Bar for me again tonight.

HHH's team losing would have him in the spotlight just as much as them winning, because then he'd be the focus of each face that controlled Raw that week.

True, but he'd be the prey, not the predator. Also, I think Edge and Snitsky's acting about the World Title is very good, and could lead to something, if it had to.

Like with Bischoff telling him that he's not going to be their lapdog anymore, it shows that Triple H has made far too many enemies, and now they're all gunning for him.

Guest Loss

Trish Stratus is being held down in the women's division. She really needs to win the Royal Rumble and beat HHH at Wrestlemania.

Im still trying to figure out how Maven made his way into this match. Though if Ortons team wins I think it would be fun to watch him control Raw for sure.

I predict that the result of the RAW SS Elim. Match will decide the very life of the business. If Triple H's team wins, it could spell the end of the WWE as we know it.

If Orton's team wins, it could very well signal the end of the Triple H Domination Era of the WWE.

You forgot to put [Drama Queen] [/Drama Queen] at the end of your quote regarding the match deciding the very life of the business.

Guest bigm350

I'm still on the fence about ordering this. $34.95 is alot of money, especially if it turns out to be a crappy show.

Guest wrestling365

Lita vs. Trish Stratus for the women's championship - The general belief is that Lita will take this one, but may not take the title. Logical booking would have Trish getting her comeuppance but Raw hasn't been very logical lately.

Spike Dudley vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Chavo Guerrero vs. Billy Kidman for the cruiserweight championship - Expected to be one of the better matches on the card. I sense Kidman will steal this one.

Christian vs. Shelton Benjamin for the Intercontinental championship - Taking the title off Benjamin would be a mistake at this point. I'd like to see him run with the belt for a while longer. Again, should be one of the better matches on the card. Benjamin has been making a real effort to increase his move set. Will we see something new tonight?

Randy Orton, Chris Jericho, Maven and Chris Benoit vs. Triple H, Batista, Gene Snitsky and Edge in a classic 'Survivor Series' match. The winning team controls 'Raw' for a month - Time for Edge to shine. He's been given the ball and now it's time to run with it. Does anyone really want to see Triple H control Raw in the storyline as well as backstage? I'm going for the babyface victory.

Kurt Angle, Mark Jindrak, Luther Reigns and Carlito Cool vs. Eddie Guerrero, Rob Van Dam, Big Show and John Cena in a classic 'Survivor Series' elimination match - Angle and Guerrero are both banged up so look for the younger wrestlers to carry the weight in this match. Don't expect much from Carlito though because he's injured too. Time for RVD to step his game up. He's fast becoming a shadow of his former self. . .

Undertaker vs. John Heidenreich - They've had some horrible house show matches. Hopefully this will be short and painless but I'm feeling a train wreck!

JBL vs. Booker T for the WWE championship - This won't be a classic but will have most fans interested. My pick is Booker T to take the title. .

*Spike Dudley vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Billy Kidman vs. Chavo Guerrero for the cruiserweight title - On paper, this should be a good match but it's at the mercy of the audience, which often blows off matches with virtually no interview hype. It's sad how little the belts mean, because it doesn't matter who wins, and I don't think anyone cares who will win. Mysterio doesn't want to be in this division, and Kidman, at least last month, was getting a good push. I don't know if he's the favorite, but he'd be my pick to win.

*Trish Stratus vs. Lita for women's title - Stratus is the superstar of the women's division and should be perennial champion. I can see Lita winning, not that she's in Stratus' league, but just because she's been beat down so badly in storyline that she needs a victory. I could also see Snitsky cost Lita the match, although that would be better down the line when Kane is set to return. People seemed to care about this match when it was first announced because of the long build for it, and the good job Stratus has done in her role as heel.

*Shelton Benjamin vs. Christian for the IC title - Again, another match you could see going either way and not meaning much either way, which is the sad state of affairs in the company. On the road, these guys have been tearing it up, so, again crowd willing, I expect a strong match with Benjamin winning.

*Eddie Guerrero & RVD & John Cena & Big Show vs. Carlito & Kurt Angle & Mark Jindrak & Luther Reigns in an elimination tag match. Nobody remembers there was a reason that years ago they dropped the eight-man team idea for Survivor Series, because it ran its course. This, on paper, takes guys who should be in good matches (not all of them, but at least Guerrero and Angle) and puts them in a match that will probably mean little when it's over. It's really the night for Guerrero & RVD to make it. Cena may be rusty and it's been a while since he's had a great match. Show is working smarter, but it's not like he has good matches. Angle and Carlito are both banged up, and clearly, Angle carries most of the heat for his side. I have little faith in Jindrak or Reigns, but they'll probably have to carry at least the early portion of the match for their team.

*Undertaker vs. John Heidenreich - They've pushed this hard and the only question is if they'll blow it off in one go. I'm guessing yes, and am guessing this won't be much of a match, and it will be less than 10:00.

*HHH & Gene Snitsky & Edge & Batista vs. Randy Orton & Maven & Chris Jericho & Chris Benoit with the winning team having all four members get control of Raw each week for a month. Everyone expects a heel win out of this, so I'm figuring Orton pins HHH clean after everyone else is eliminated. In the big picture, this is the time and that is the right result. Besides, it allows HHH to have the odds against him over the next month with the bookers trying to screw with him and still survive, plus they emphasize the idea that Orton still can't get a title shot. Plus, let's face it, the world isn't ready for HHH vs. Snitsky as a Raw main event.

*JBL vs Booker T for the WWE title. Let's look at it this way. If Booker wins, he can defend against JBL and Angle and, uh. If JBL wins, he can wrestle Cena down the line, plus Guerrero, Undertaker, Booker, RVD, Show and Mysterio. What's scary is not one of those prospective matches has any zing to it. Still, I can see it going Booker to Angle at this point, but JBL's saying if he loses, he's leaving Smackdown does make it interesting. They desperately need something newsworthy to come out of this show and have some main guys switching sides.

There is what Meltzer had to say about SS yesterday.

Guest CronoT

You forgot to put [Drama Queen] [/Drama Queen] at the end of your quote regarding the match deciding the very life of the business.

Mock me if you want, but you know as well as I do that the business has been going down the crapper ever since Triple H has been dominating the business.

I don't want to think about what will happen if he ever gets direct control, as in Vince's position.

Guest CronoT
Somebody needs to tell this poor kid that "the business" extends past WWE.

Ever since WCW folded, WWE has dominated the majority of pro wrestling. Whether you like it or not, as the WWE goes, so goes the rest of pro wrestling.

Guest LooneyTune

Never will a Cruiserweight Match be good on a PPV, unless the show has a total of 6 matches that won't have several 30 minute matches. Either the crowd is dead, the match gets 5 minutes, or just plain sucks. It's usually the middle one though. Wrestlemania XX had a promising Cruiserweight Gauntlet, and had a 10 Person Gauntlet last a little over 9:00.

I'm still on the fence about ordering this. $34.95 is alot of money, especially if it turns out to be a crappy show.

Tht's why whenever I order a show I get as many friends together as possible for it. 3 people paying 11.65 is far more reasonable.

Guest CronoT
Instead of replying I am instead choosing to post this picture of Bea Arthur. I think it is a sufficent visual aid in regards to the comments Crono just made.

bea.jpg

In reply, I post this:

backoff-fanboy.jpg

Guest The Shadow Behind You

It's appealing enough to go to the bar to watch but not enough to plop down 34 bucks. (That's reserved only for Rumbles and Manias).

Will any match go over ***+? The Raw CSSM has the talent (HHH,Edge, Jericho, Benoit) and a couple other solid workers (Orton, Batista) and keeping Maven and Snitsky out for the majority of the match lends itself to having a great shot of a fun great match, esp if it goes long. I could see HHH NOT being the last pinned if the faces win, Imagine if he loses and his future depends on Edge to beat Benoit and Orton to keep from having to fight off those 4 faces for the next month, it'd be a great story because then Edge would have to realize, if he wins he gets the shot, he loses, HHH is bound to lose the title to one of those guys and inevitably would get his "deserved" title shot.

The Cruiserweight match is thrown together for seemingly no reason other then to drop the title to Kidman without giving Mysterio a fluke reign, which is redundant. Kidman/Chavo should be fueding over the soon to be vacant U.S Title. It might be fun if Mysterio is motivated and Kidman can stay crisp tonight. I'm expecting chavo's friend (London) to make his presence felt.

The Woman's title match actually had some great sell going into it, they have a reason for it and it's sensible. I think Lita wins the match but not the title, likely a DQ or "reversed decision" finish. Trish should hold onto that belt until WMXXI.

The SD! CSSM is meaningless and with injuries to 3 or 4 of the workers, We're putting the match in the hands of Jindrak, Reigns, RVD and Eddy. I can't see how Angle ends up looking good here when Reigns and Jindrak certaintly aren't doing anything, CCC is likely doing the Martel act (circa 1990). Cena likely "re-injures" his ribs and is written out again. I still think WWE should do a "Due to the legal investigation of the Cena nightclub incident and his questioned involvment, Smackdown! GM Theodore Long had no other choice but to suspend The reigning U.S Champion, Carlito Carribean Cool for a indefinite amount of time and also will be forced to strip him of his United States championship".

If Booker wins the title, it'll be the first thign that's shocked me on a WWE show for many a month. The 'If I lose I'll leave Smackdown' build-up screams Booker winning by DQ or CO, to build a rematch at Armageddon.

The big question is, will the 'winners control Raw' storyline go beyond the eight people involved and Flair? Obviously Snitsky's week would involve Lita and Edge's might involve Christian. Other than that, I just hope they make something of this that'll affect the entire roster rather than just the top.

Well, I'll be going to SurSer tonight and after the shitty Raws that have invaded Cleveland lately, it will be the last event I'll attend for a LONG LONG time. Unless, the ppv is surpisingly good, all I'm looking for out of the night is a Booker T championship win. If that happens, they can have a sequel of the Tottie Wilson Sex Test for all I care and I'll still be happy.

And I guess I'm mildly interested in Snitsky's involvement but I got a feeling he'll be DQed 5 minutes into the match.

Eh, how bad could it be (Rhetorical Question)?

This thread needs more Bea Arthur.

BeaDances1.gif

Back on topic though, I am thinking about ordering it, but I have a feeling I'll really regret buying this show for some reason.

Guest bigm350
This thread needs more Bea Arthur.

BeaDances1.gif

Back on topic though, I am thinking about ordering it, but I have a feeling I'll really regret buying this show for some reason.

Same here. Or it will be just plain boring.