TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

HOLY FUCKIN SHIT

Guest Rob Van Dam
I think it will be bullshit if Artest is suspended longer than Jackson. Jackson was hopped up on some bad Gatorade or something that night because he wanted to fight Pistons first, when the oppurtunity arose to fight fans, he was first in line. Artest is definitely not in the total clear. I have to take the ESPN line of Artest's actions are not justified, but understandable considering he was just seconds removed from a potential fight, removed himself from that conflict only to engage in another.

The crawl on ESPN News says that Ben Wallace is going to apologize personally to Artest.

I am going to wait until the punishments are handed out before talking about how many games will be missed, etc.

Also, to stick up for the TSM NBA guys, we don't come into MLB and NFL threads talking about how our sport is superior (hoops) is to other sports. When there is a fuckup in MLB, NFL, or whatever I don't catch TSM NBA guys talking shit. Keep that shit outside please. All sports have their good and bad representatives. There is no moral superiority in sports, especially amongst it's athletes. If you want to comment on the specific of this incident, feel free. Just don't come in here talking about how the NBA is filled with bad guys and how anyone from (insert sport here) is better. For every Ron Artest, there's an Albert Belle. For every Stephen Jackson, there's a Rae Carruth. Leave the sports elitism out of here.

Comparing Stephen Jackson and Rae Carruth is taking it a little bit far, don't ya think?

Guest The Gecko

I don't care what happens to you, as an athlete you should NEVER EVER go in to the stands. Athletes are ragged on and put down by fans all the time, and especially in football, things are thrown at athletes on many occasions. I can understand WHY Artest did what he did, but he is a professional athlete and never should have gone up into the stands.

Michael Irvin said it best on Sunday NFL Countdown this morning. He has been pummelled with batteries, snowballs, and a lot worse things than beer, and he knows that it is off limits to go in to the stands. A professional athlete like Artest should be a lot more responsible he was.

Michael Irvin said it best on Sunday NFL Countdown this morning. He has been pummelled with batteries, snowballs, and a lot worse things than beer, and he knows that it is off limits to go in to the stands. A professional athlete like Artest should be a lot more responsible he was.

Good for him. But you shouldn't have to accept being thrown at, no matter what you do.

Good for him. But you shouldn't have to accept being thrown at, no matter what you do.

No, you shouldn't, you should press charges. Not retaliate by going into the stands and beating the crap out of him.

In an odd way I think Artest might be a pioneer here. Fans have gotten to the point where they feel that anything is ok to do to the players: throwing batteries, beer, hell I recall a game between U of L and Memphis St. back in the day where a KNIFE was thrown on the court. Artest is going to be punished for his actions, but it might have a chill effect on idiot fans if they know think a player might retaliate to the abuse.

In an odd way I think Artest might be a pioneer here. Fans have gotten to the point where they feel that anything is ok to do to the players: throwing batteries, beer, hell I recall a game between U of L and Memphis St. back in the day where a KNIFE was thrown on the court. Artest is going to be punished for his actions, but it might have a chill effect on idiot fans if they know think a player might retaliate to the abuse.

Joe Schmo will have second thoughts on throwing a beer bottle at Shaq.

I think it was the son of the fat guy who was taking cheap shots at Fred Jones.

Yeah.

If you had access to the full footage, the kid was being comforted by the fat guy when they changed over.

Just to clarify, In today's L.A. Times it mentions that the big fat guy is a brother of Ben Wallace and that the kid that was crying is Darvin Ham's son.

Guest Cerebus

If every athelete went into the stands to kick some ass when they get hit by shit from the fans we would be twice as worse as Europe in about a month.

If every athelete went into the stands to kick some ass when they get hit by shit from the fans we would be twice as worse as Europe in about a month.

If that happened, maybe fans would actually stop throwing things instead of thinking they have some magical shield protecting them.

Guest Salacious Crumb

If that happened, maybe fans would actually stop throwing things instead of thinking they have some magical shield protecting them.

No, the fans are just going to get sick of it after the second or third time it happens and the next athlete that decides he's going to go after a fan is going to get beaten to death in the crowd.

No, the fans are just going to get sick of it after the second or third time it happens and the next athlete that decides he's going to go after a fan is going to get beaten to death in the crowd.

So they are going to get sick of something they start?

Guest Salacious Crumb

Athletes have no business in the stands. They have no right to decide that they can just attack fans and be justified. Especially when they attack the wrong fans.

If some idiot like Artest came after one of my friends wrongly in the stands I'm going to help my friend and I'm more justified than he would be.

Players stay on the court and fans stay in the stands.

Athletes have no business in the stands. They have no right to decide that they can just attack fans and be justified. Especially when they attack the wrong fans.

If some idiot like Artest came after one of my friends wrongly in the stands I'm going to help my friend and I'm more justified than he would be.

Players stay on the court and fans stay in the stands.

You're right, he shouldn't have attacked the wrong person.

But fans shouldn't throw things period. It's not what they are there for. I don't see players throwing gatorade into the crowds.

Guest Salacious Crumb

That's why stadiums have secruity. All you have to do is get one and have the person thrown out. You win.

The Pistons should be punished, as an organization, for the horrendous conduct of their fans. I believe that as stupid as we all know that Artest is, this doesn't escalate to the point that it did without the morons in the crowd, and Detroit should be paying millions to make up for it.

Here is the suspension report from ESPN news

Artest: gone for the year

Jackson: 30 games

O'Neal: 25 games

Ben Wallace: 6 games

Chauncy: 1 game

Derrick Coleman: 1 game

Elden Campbell: 1 game

Anthony Johnson: 5 games

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

The Ben Wallace suspension is bunk. No mroe than 2 games, he did dick all.

Guest LooneyTune

Artest getting the entire season? Fuck, that's gonna hurt my fantasy team. I guess he got the time off he wanted after all...but starting the greatest fight in basketball history. That's a little too harsh, considering he didn't even do the most damage...other than punching the crap out of the innocent guy.

Guest LooneyTune

I doubt him buying 100 copies of his own CD will help Fantasy Teams, cause no one else will buy it. Wait...people actually bought CD's of SHAQ rapping, this can't be any worse.