TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nighthawk

Comments which don't warrant a thread.

Yeah, her and her friend wanted to go so I hooked us all up with tickets because I'm not spending over 90 dollars and be home. I dunno, I think the venue even going with seats after row five is a massive mistake but what do I know.

I can't think of one Seether song I like though. Not one. And the only Papa Roach song is Not Listening and To Be Loved and that is the fault of RAW and Resident Evil 2 commercials. This could be a nightmare.

Plus, Seether is very average, at least from the 4 or 5 sngs I've heard from them and Staind is kinda boring and repetitive.

Gold, old buddy, this may be a loooooong night for you.

I just got row 11 center for Staind, Papa Roach and Seether in Salisbury. Has anyone seen Papa Roach or Seether live? I've seen Staind (for free) so I know they aren't too bad but I have no clue what I am getting myself into with the others. I only got them cause my girl wanted to see them and while I don't think Roach sucks too badly, I really don't know what they sound like live.

man. im sorry.

Mad Season's "Above" is a really underrated album.

pt_16447.jpeg

This is pretty awesome. I'm surprising myself by liking it so much.

Also, speaking of Death Magnetic, my favorite song so far is "All Nightmare Long", which is also has the most ridiculous song title on the album. I was expecting it to be lame based on name alone, and it's actually pretty awesome.

The voice distorter absolutely KILLS Kanye's new song, Love Lockdown. It's got a decent beat and a good premise but the voice distorted chorus fucking SUCKS.

The Walkmen: "In the New Year" on their new album is a great track.

The amount of hatred the vocalizer gets pleases me.

For one reason or another I foolishly skipped over Tha Carter 3... I love the song he did on SNL last night, "Got Money" I think is the name of it. Downloading the torrent now.

Mad Season's "Above" is a really underrated album.

Indeed. Wake U might be my second favourite song from the 90's.

"Wake Up" is probably Layne's best performance vocally.

I'm kicking myself for not getting into Caina earlier. Some People Fall, I, Mouintain, and Mourner are great albums.

Ulver's Perdition City is great, though I actually don't know how to categorize it, which is a rare thing for me. I guess I could call it Electronic music, but that feels incomplete for some reason.

"Sex on Fire" by Kings of Leon is a pretty rockin' tune. Downloaded the whole album and was pleasantly surprised.

I second that notion, in fact one of the better albums I've heard all year.

The Heartbreakers's L.A.M.F. is pretty awesome. Probably a notch below The Blank Generation and a notch above So Alone w/r/t the work that the principals here did after leaving the New York Dolls and Television, respectively. Speaking of the latter, I've listened to Marquee Moon like five times this week, for whatever reason. It never gets old.

Oh, and I guess Dee Dee Ramone was in the Heartbreakers, too. The Ramones are one of those kinda "eh" bands for me. I acknowledge their importance but I don't ever really want to listen to them.

Upon finding out that Avril Lavigne had cribbed the chorus to her "Girlfriend" song from a tune by the Rubinoos, I decided to d/l a best of comp by that band. It's really bad! Like Culture Club meets 10cc meets...Simply Red? Seals and Crofts? Something worse than Culture Club? I don't know. I love shitty pop-rock from the 70s and I can't deal with this.

I guess the Rubinoos could be credited with inspiring the song from the am/pm commercial. "hey HEY you YOU I wanna buy a hot dog."

Here it is:

Oh little baby, you'll never cry, nor will you hear a sweet lullabye.

Oh unborn child, if you only knew just what your momma was plannin' to do.

You're still a-clingin' to the tree of life, but soon you'll be cut off before you get ripe.

Oh unborn child, beginning to grow inside your momma, but you'll never know.

Oh tiny bud, that grows in the womb, only to be crushed before you can bloom.

Mama stop! Turn around, go back, think it over.

Now stop, turn around, go back, think it over.

Stop, turn around, go back think it over.

Oh no momma, just let it be. You'll never regret it, just wait and see.

Think of all the great ones who gave everything

That we might have life here, so please bear the pain.

Mama stop! Turn around, go back, think it over.

Now stop, turn around, go back, think it over.

Stop, turn around, go back think it over.

The promise of an "Unborn Child" ringtone and the Pamela Anderson's Tits ad on the site made the experience of looking this up worthwhile for me.

Upon finding out that Avril Lavigne had cribbed the chorus to her "Girlfriend" song from a tune by the Rubinoos, I decided to d/l a best of comp by that band. It's really bad! Like Culture Club meets 10cc meets...Simply Red? Seals and Crofts? Something worse than Culture Club? I don't know. I love shitty pop-rock from the 70s and I can't deal with this.

I guess the Rubinoos could be credited with inspiring the song from the am/pm commercial. "hey HEY you YOU I wanna buy a hot dog."

I always thought "Girlfriend" sounded an awful lot like "I Wanna Be Your Girlfriend" by Lush.

EDIT: I'm now reading that the Lush song is a cover of the song you're talking about.

Yeah, file that with Elton John or Rosie O'Donnell as "fooled exactly no one". Even Lance Bass was more surprising.

Boy George or George Michael... those guys were so hard to judge. It was the 80s, everybody was like that.

New CDs dropping in November: The Killers, Ryan Adams and the Cardinals, Fall Out Boy, and now Kanye West pushed 808s and Heartbreak up to November.

I'm like... in heaven here.

"Sex on Fire" by Kings of Leon is a pretty rockin' tune. Downloaded the whole album and was pleasantly surprised.

I second that notion, in fact one of the better albums I've heard all year.

It's my favorite record of the year so far. I'm pretty pumped for the new Oasis album though. The next two months have so many good albums coming out.