TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nighthawk

Comments which don't warrant a thread.

I never liked the band Cake. Also, for some reason, everytime I hear "Short Skirt/Long Jacket", I think of Jeff Hardy for some reason.

311 sold out the local arena here two years in a row and they were my 12th grade Marine Biology teacher's favorite band. Dude loved 311,eath metal and Explosions In The Sky. Weird taste in music, cool guy.

"Bound to the Floor" is a song that I always have to crank when it's on the radio. And "High-Fivin' Motherfucker" is class.

You know what it's like to audition for a band that describes itself as "hardcore metal" only to find out that every heavy band you're into they've either never heard of or haven't heard much of? And I don't mean obscure, like Send More Paramedics or Amputated, I mean more well-known, like Exodus and Cannibal Corpse and SOD. It's weird, because the stuff we've jammed out sounds like parts of Roots-era Sepultura and parts of some 80's crossover stuff.

Cake had some fun songs. I play a little bass in my spare time, and their songs are always fun to play along with. I enjoyed Local H as well. "The Kids Are Right" is one of my favorites from them.

I didn't know Third Eye Blind was still around, or had lasting popularity. I enjoyed what I presume was their first album, the one where over half of it got radio play (it had "Semi Charmed Life" and "Graduate"). I saw them live with Our Lady Peace and Eve 6 ("Inside Out" was just starting to get a little radip play, so no one really knew who they were) back in the late 90's. Eve 6 put up an admirable effort, Our Lady Peace was amazing and about half the crowd left after their set, and Third Eye Blind did a good job closing the show. Overall it was a pretty good 5 hours.

I don't think Third Eye Blind is that popular anymore but they are still around and they just released or are about to release to a new album. But I never hear any of their new stuff on the radio or anything like that like I do when Cake or 311 puts out a new album. But the lead singer is bangin' Vanessa Carlton so kudos to him. I've always had a thing for her.

Oh and my friend's band was asked to do a song for a Third Eye Blind tribute album a couple weeks back. Just thought I'd share that you all. Sadly, Third Eye Blind is far from the least deserving of bands who have had a tribute album dedicated to them. I think they're going to do "Never Let You Go"

Guest My Pal, the Tortoise

I like that song. Reminds me a little of the Cars.

This song is too catchy to waste on some indie band I'll never care about.

One of the more important figures in 20th century music, fer sure. I should find some more of his stuff. I used to have some Stockhausen on my old computer, but I lost everything on there, and that was like three years ago.

Now, Plant/Krauss would be a good prediction for Bonnaroo.

By the way, has anyone heard the Plant/Krauss album? If so, would you recommend it. I'm a big Plant fan, even like some of his solo stuff, but I just don't know if this would be my cup of tea.

Now, Plant/Krauss would be a good prediction for Bonnaroo.

By the way, has anyone heard the Plant/Krauss album? If so, would you recommend it. I'm a big Plant fan, even like some of his solo stuff, but I just don't know if this would be my cup of tea.

I enjoyed it; "Sister Rosetta Goes Before Us" was probably the highlight for me since I'm a fan of Krauss' voice. It sort of gets tiring halfway through but picks up by the end.

I don't care what anyone says, "More than Words" is an awesome song.

I don't know if I've ever heard an album with a bigger drop-off in quality between the first and second halves than the new Wu-Tang Clan. The first 7-8 tracks are brilliant and probably about as close as we're ever going to come to hearing 36 Chambers-level shit again. Then all of a sudden there's this totally embarassing RZA solo cut and the whole thing just completely falls apart.

I looked over the list of new releases and from now until APRIL there is not a single album I'm looking forward to.

Somebody help me and recommend me something I might not have heard before but would enjoy.

Combustible Edison - The Impossible World

Andrew Bird - Thrills

Dorothy Ashby - The Fantastic Jazz Harp of Dorothy Ashby

Talk Talk - Spirit of Eden and/or Laughing Stock

Frank Zappa - Burnt Weeny Sandwich

I don't care what anyone says, "More than Words" is an awesome song.

Weird Al is awesomener XD

Does anybody else find the cover to Another Side of Bob Dylan utterly hilarious? Did Dylan honestly believe that striking a pose such as that one would make him look wise and elegant? That's like something I would do.

Hooray! I think there's some sort of pre-ordering thing I can do if I register with WXRT.

EDIT: There is!