TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nighthawk

Comments which don't warrant a thread.

Blind Melon is one of those bands that unfortunately get remembered for one of their worst musical moments. They had a lot of good stuff going on, but everyone only remembers "No Rain".

Reunions my ass. The only one of the recent surge I was at all interested in was The Police, and they wanted like a million dollars for tickets.

Hasn't been mentioned yet but Jermaine told some newspaper that The Jacksons are reuniting next year with Michael and doing a World Tour. I'd be semi-interested in it if tickets weren't going to be a gajillion dollars. I'm betting it'll be the most expensive concert ticket of all time. Whether people buy them or not though is beyond me

Hasn't been mentioned yet but Jermaine told some newspaper that The Jacksons are reuniting next year with Michael and doing a World Tour. I'd be semi-interested in it if tickets weren't going to be a gajillion dollars. I'm betting it'll be the most expensive concert ticket of all time. Whether people buy them or not though is beyond me

There's your Super Bowl halftime entertainment.

There's your Super Bowl halftime entertainment.

Incidentally, they announced the Super Bowl Halftime Show band today and it's......Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/story?id=0900...mp;confirm=true

I'm a bit surprised. I'm a big Petty fan but they're not the mega-stars that I'd expect to perform at The Super Bowl halftime show. Should be a good show regardless.

Guest Pizza Hut's Game Face

Yes, another great Super Bowl halftime is on the way. Who doesn't love Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers? Set list? My prediction is

American Girl

Learning to Fly

Refugee

pleeeeeeeeeeeeease no Runnin' Down a Dream or I'm gonna hurl. That might be the one Petty song I can't stand. Well, there might be others that I don't know, but I pretend that Tom Petty's entire body of work is only the Greatest Hits album.

One year, either 2003 or 2005, I know it wasn't 2004 because it was "Let's Get Retarded But Not Retarded In Here" that year, ABC used "Runnin' Down a Dream" for the NBA Playoffs, which to me said "not only are we actively trying not to aim this broadcast at black people, we're also not going to put much thought into it, either."

One year, either 2003 or 2005, I know it wasn't 2004 because it was "Let's Get Retarded But Not Retarded In Here" that year, ABC used "Runnin' Down a Dream" for the NBA Playoffs, which to me said "not only are we actively trying not to aim this broadcast at black people, we're also not going to put much thought into it, either."

2005 was that god-awful Rob Thomas song, which communicated basically the same message.

Guest Pizza Hut's Game Face

I guess it was 2006, then. I don't even remember the 2005 playoffs, which is odd, because I watched a lot of basketball that year, The Year That Hockey Stopped. I was watching like six games a week! I'm lucky if I watch one Saturday night Bulls game now, and considering how they've played, maybe I'm lucky if I don't.

I just listened to The Big Doe Rehab. It's good, but not the album of the year or anything like that.

I saw it had leaked, but figured I'd hold off and just buy it tomorrow. Wasn't really feeling the few tracks I heard a couple weeks back, but I'm a big enough Ghost fan to blindly buy it.

Damn you billboard.com for making me look like a fool!

I doubt Zeppelin is playing as well. Robert Plant's doing a U.S. tour with Allison Krauss next summer and I honestly believe he's too much of an old hippie to want to do a full fleged reunion with Zeppelin.

Paul Potts. Simply amazing. The voice alone gives me goosebumps. His cover of Nessun Dorma is amazing and his version of Everybody Hurts is worth checking out as well.

One of the few good things lately that has come out of Britain that I actually like.

A free album that can best be described as "8-Bit music meets Shoegaze" From a band called The Depreciation Guild. Mastered by Bill (Flaming Lips, Mercury Rev) Racine.

What does everybody think of Cake?

I never gave them a chance because Short Skirt/Long Jacket irritated me so much, but someone was playing it at work and I gave some of their stuff a listen and found out that I liked it more then I expected to.

Short skirt/long jacket is awesome. I'm pretty fond of Cake. What's the deal with the capitalization of their name though? I've seen it spelled out CAKE.