TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nighthawk

Comments which don't warrant a thread.

This may be the tightest rhyme ever spit by a white man.

All you bitches know I'm gangsta,

don't ask me to dance.

I might straight panic, pull the gat

and blow your pussy out your pants.

-Violent J

Milky....you CAN'T be serious.

That a pretty weak and cheesy rap Carnival.

Really? Eveyone I made listen to it, thinks it's really good. And everyone I know hates ICP, Violent J especially.

Maybe text doesn't do it any justice, you just gotta hear his flowtastic skills.

That a pretty weak and cheesy rap Carnival.

Really? Eveyone I made listen to it, thinks it's really good. And everyone I know hates ICP, Violent J especially.

Maybe text doesn't do it any justice, you just gotta hear his flowtastic skills.

Does it sound funny? Comedy is the only good thing Ive found in ICP and I assume thats what theyre going for.

If he trying to be serious...then its a really ugly unintentional self-parody.

Ill give the benefit of the doubt to comedy though...because Im a Stranglemania mark.

His verse isn't really a comedy verse. It's a song about shooting up freestyle rappers at a club. It's called "Boom" and is an Esham song.

Also in the verse, when talking about blood splatters at a crime scene, he calls luminol..."Aluminol". I'm pretty sure it's just luminol.

New NATAS cd was released yesterday. it's ok.

Esham has adopted a new nickname of "Black Hitler", i like it.

So, I was checking out some silkscreens/posters to get as decorations for my apartment ... and I found a few that I really like (aesthetically) but the bands that are represented on the poster itself are bands that I either don't like, or don't know that well.

Is it cheesy to get concert silkscreens for bands you don't like, if you like the artist & artwork?

(for reference, the two posters that I'm most likely to get are nomeansno & Black Rebel Motorcycle Club. The former I've heard and am pretty 'meh' about, the latter I've heard of but never actually heard.)

EDIT: I worded that poorly; there are a few other posters that I might get, but I like the artwork AND the band, so it's not difficult for me to justify pulling the trigger on the purchase.

The touring lineup for Ministy on the upcoming tour with RevCo...

Vocals/Guitar - Al Jourgensen

Guitar - Tommy Victor (Prong)

Guitar - Mike Scaccia (Rigor Mortis)

Bass - Paul Raven (Killing Joke)

Drums - Joey Jordison (Slipknot)

On the way to school today I was listening to Jack FM and I like it. Hell for the half an hour it was in order.

In Your Eyes

Glory Days

Go My Own Way

Rio

Man Who Sold The World

Tweeter and the Monkey Man.

So I was checking blabbermouth.net today and it appears that David Dramean (Disturbed lead singer) decide to bash almost anyone how posts there.

"It depends on where you're talking about — if I go to BLABBERMOUTH.NET, I'm probably gonna see a lot of nasty shit. Basically, you're dealing with a whole lot of nasty little fucks who will only listen to metalcore and death metal. Anything that has any kind of melody infused with the exception of NEVERMORE, which is a great band and actually has some melodic singing going on, they slam. You're talking about a maximum of 250,000 people all over the world like that. God Bless them. They can keep it. I don't give a fuck. Things like that message board are just a means of information for a lot of people. For the people who post and respond, it's like an excuse for them go ahead and lash out at somebody who is doing more with their lives than they ever will. So be it. I don't lose any sleep over it. It is what it is. The higher you climb up the ladder the easier it is for people to shoot at you. Let 'em."

to the 95% of the people who reply there, ya, they just got P0WNED!

ABK leaves Psychopathic

What's up, Juggalos? Not trying to ruin your day, but we have some very serious and very important news that we have to report. Today, an attorney representing ABK informed us that ABK has decided to move on from Psychopathic Records and will not be signing his new contract. We were informed that ABK has decided to pursue other avenues, which were not told to us at this time. Throughout the last couple of months, as we were meeting with ABK, we were informed by ABK himself on several occasions that he was down to stay with Psychopathic, so it was a great shock to find out today that he has decided to leave.

Well, Juggalos, what more can we say or do? ABK is gone now, and there's nothing else we can do about it but move on... and move on we will. Peace, y'all.

You know what blows my mind about this?? ABK thinks he has other options. He's a rapping Native American with a lisp for god sakes.

The Hold Steady are better than their constituent parts would lead you to believe. I really dig Separation Sunday.

Additionally, I'm listening to Sunn O))) for the first time. Cool.

Dunno what happened tonight, but Pet Sounds is all I can listen to right now. Years ago in my Classic Rock That Rawks phase, I told myself I'd never get into those dorky Beach Boys, and I decided to hold true that even into my Broadening My Horizons phase, but as I learned about the trials and travails of Brian Wilson in a book of songwriter interviews, I had to relent. It's brilliant stuff, but "God Only Knows" and "I Just Wasn't Made For These Times" lose a fraction of the impact when you learn that Brian Wilson needed someone else to help him write the lyrics. You just want to believe it came straight from him.

I have never been able to get into Pet Sounds. I think I was doomed to not like it from the moment I heard that sappy ice cream truck at the start of Wouldn't It Be Nice, although I do like that song.

I have never been able to get into Pet Sounds, i think i was doomed to not like it from the moment i heard that sappy ice cream truck at the start of Wouldunt It Be Nice, although i do like that song.

When you consider it was written by a paranoid schizophrenic surrounded by an abusive father, heartless record industry, and family members who weren't above exploiting him, it resonates with you more, I guess. Poor Brian just wants to be everyone's friend.

So I'll nominate the Check It Out by Beyonce is the worse song of 2006 so far.

what? you don't like her saying "check up on it" 500 times throughout the course of the song?

you're right, the song really stinks...IMO, Beyonce is shit without Destiny's Child.

I just learned how to play "Crown Of Love" on piano, and some girl came in and was like "whoa you're good!" and I was like "no I'm really not I just learned this five minutes ago" and she was like "keep playing!" and I didn't want to after that.

She wasn't particularly attractive, if you're wondering. Also, it's a really fun song to play.

If you can play one or two songs on the piano, you can often give the appearance of being really good by slowly making a denigrating slip into randomly smashing the keyboard, or hitting it with your face. Pass it off as jazz improv.

Dunno what happened tonight, but Pet Sounds is all I can listen to right now. Years ago in my Classic Rock That Rawks phase, I told myself I'd never get into those dorky Beach Boys, and I decided to hold true that even into my Broadening My Horizons phase, but as I learned about the trials and travails of Brian Wilson in a book of songwriter interviews, I had to relent. It's brilliant stuff, but "God Only Knows" and "I Just Wasn't Made For These Times" lose a fraction of the impact when you learn that Brian Wilson needed someone else to help him write the lyrics. You just want to believe it came straight from him.

Totally useless fact, but of the 8 tracks that Tony Asher wrote lyrics for on Pet Sounds, he did not recieve a 50-50 writing credit. Instead he was given a one-off payment of around $20,000, with Brian simply saying that it was the music that was most important. In the case of The Beach Boys in general, I have to agree. I can only name around 15 other tracks which compare to the lyrics of the songs on Pet Sounds.

I never want to listen to Talking Heads. I'll never avoid them, but I can't bring myself to love them.

I have Talking Heads '77 and Fear Of Music. I like them both but I can see why people cannot connect with them at all - almost like The Velvet Underground. The debut especially is cold and frigid but I think Fear Of Music was written to polarize opinion anyway.