TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nighthawk

Comments which don't warrant a thread.

How else will I become exposed to new music? How will my inferior tastes ever improve?! HOW I ASK YOU, HOW

You're the one that decided to move, and to leave me crying. :(

Listen to Buckminster Fuller. There you go.

"Honky Tonk" is a Trace Adkins song and Trace has always made it well known he loved rap videos with big backsides. It's weird when it gets that odd dance mix in the middle of the song as well.

My friend and I made a joke one of these days we'll turn on CMT and see Busta Rhymes singing with Trace Adkins and winning the award for country song of the year. After Nelly took one home, anything is possible.

And Cowboy Troy just rules.

As for lousy headliner, I went to see Breaking Benjamin earlier this year and they played for 40 minutes. That was beyond disappointing. I mean 40 minutes and you're done? That's just fucking lazy.

iTunes has a David Bowie/Arcade Fire live EP. Worth the $3, I guess, but disappointing. Pretty bad version of "Life on Mars?", so-so "Wake Up", and a not bad "Five Years". Oh well.

I've seen the video... "Life On Mars" is just David and the piano. His voice is kind of shot. "Wake Up" is fun as heck to watch but doesn't sound too great at all... and I'd say that "Five Years" is pretty solid.

Does anyone here listen to Buckethead? Because I must say, he puts on the greatest live show that I've damn near ever seen. And that says a lot, seeing as how I was going into the show depressed because I only bought tickets after I found out that the Animal Collective show that night had sold out.

Jenny Lewis's solo album is a massive dissapointment to me. I expected something like Rilo Kiley; instead it's a country album. It's not bad but nothing I'd listen to otherwise.

Why is American Music Club's California album seemingly out of print?

Why the hell has Mark Kozelek made a Modest Mouse covers album?

Why do I like Screeching Weasel's My Brain Hurts so much?

Why did I have a fecking Maroon 5 song stuck in my head the other day?

A mild Tindersticks complaint. On Can Our Love...?, "Dying Slowly" should be following "People Keep Comin' Around," not the other way around. The bassoon (or bass clarinet I can;t tell) and the trumpet lick should be the first thing you hear when you start playing it. This really bothers me and I have to flip-flop them.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Strapping Young Lad is more fun than they are good, really. Big and Loud.

there it is, I couldn't have said it better...they don't seem SPECIAL, just something decent to throw on from time to time, speakers blasting...

Holy crap, I just found out that a soundtrack was released for that terrible Street Fighter movie back in 1994. It was pretty much a rap album, and they got some damn good rappers to appear on it: Chuck D, Ice Cube, LL Cool J. Oh and MC Hammer and Deion Sanders also appeared on the album in a song together!

I can't believe that Chuck D of all people would appear on the soundtrack for the freaking STREET FIGHTER movie!

Speaking of Deion Sanders, has anyone ever listened to his album? Or what about Shaq's albums? Or Kobe Bryant's album?

Jenny Lewis's solo album is a massive dissapointment to me. I expected something like Rilo Kiley; instead it's a country album. It's not bad but nothing I'd listen to otherwise.

I saw a picture of Jenny Lewis the other night and was pleasently surprised to see her massive chest.

I saw a picture of Jenny Lewis the other night and was pleasently surprised to see her massive chest.

mm

Guest Agent of Oblivion

there it is, I couldn't have said it better...they don't seem SPECIAL, just something decent to throw on from time to time, speakers blasting...

That's really what they're best at. Some people swear by Devin Townshend, though. I've never heard any of his solo stuff, but I don't like SYL enough to dive into them. They're a hoot live. Longhairs everywhere.

Try some Mastodon. They're big, loud, complicated, and fairly southern.

Isn't C-Murder doing a life sentence?

Ya, he killed someone. :9mm:

cmurderSP.jpg

The "gun sticking out of the pants" tattoo is third on the effeminate tattoo list in my eyes. (just behind: around the belly button & the 'tramp stamp').