TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nighthawk

Comments which don't warrant a thread.

Guest Ransome

Haven't seen this mentioned elsewhere. Here's the 2006 inductees into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (from http://www.rockhall.com):

Black Sabbath

Blondie

Miles Davis

Lynyrd Skynyrd

The Sex Pistols

Herb Alpert and Jerry Moss (non-performer category)

Holy crap, I just found out that a soundtrack was released for that terrible Street Fighter movie back in 1994. It was pretty much a rap album, and they got some damn good rappers to appear on it: Chuck D, Ice Cube, LL Cool J. Oh and MC Hammer and Deion Sanders also appeared on the album in a song together!

I can't believe that Chuck D of all people would appear on the soundtrack for the freaking STREET FIGHTER movie!

Speaking of Deion Sanders, has anyone ever listened to his album? Or what about Shaq's albums? Or Kobe Bryant's album?

Do you have what it takes to be a street fighter?

I don't think you have what it takes to be a street fighter.

Greatest soundtrack ever. Right up there with LL Cool J singing his hat (or something) is like a shark fin.

And I tried to listen to the Shaq and Kobe albums, but I had to stop. It was too painful.

I bought Queen+Paul Rodgers tickets. I know it won't be the same as the original Queen or anything like that but it should be a fun nostalgia trip. I'm a huge Queen and Bad Company fan so it should be the worth the price of admission.

The Billboard Music Awards gave Gwen Stefani the Best New Artist award the other night. You're a new artist when you go solo?

The Billboard Music Awards gave Gwen Stefani the Best New Artist award the other night. You're a new artist when you go solo?

She is a new artist...no way that the solo Gwen and the No Doubt girl are the same. It's way too big a decline to be true.

Behind a bookcase, I found a very old ICP EP called Beverly Kills 50187. It features a song called "In the Haughhh!". It's almost exactly the same sound as the Ying Yang Twins' "HANH!"... did the Ying Yangs rip off the ICP? It's apparently possible.

decent EP

"In the Haaaauuugh" is great, only for the laugh factor. I haven't heard that ying yang twins song.

Guest 5.0Fanatic

you know whats crazy that I just found out? My drum teacher was the original drummer in Megadeth. He told me a few road stoires about Dave Mustaine, but he quit the band becuase of their lifestyle and he wanted to finish college. A few months later they hired on Gar, and went on to record their first album.

Edited by 5.0Fanatic

Every good Xmas comp should have Jona Luie's Stop The Cavalry and St Etienne's I Was Born On Christmas Day. An excellent one would have Merry Xmas (I Don't Want To Fight Tonight) by The Ramones and I Want An Alien For Christmas & Man In The Santa Suit by Fountains Of Wayne.

Every good Xmas comp should have Jona Luie's Stop The Cavalry and St Etienne's I Was Born On Christmas Day. An excellent one would have Merry Xmas (I Don't Want To Fight Tonight) by The Ramones and I Want An Alien For Christmas & Man In The Santa Suit by Fountains Of Wayne.

That song is fucking awful.

And an excellent Christmas comp should certainly have "Fairytale of New York" by The Pouges and Kirsty MacColl on it.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
Nile is playing here in a couple weeks, should I go?

Probably. Who's opening?

That song is fucking awful.

And an excellent Christmas comp should certainly have "Fairytale of New York" by The Pouges and Kirsty MacColl on it.

1. I disagree.

2. Well, duh!

Reading these "comments that don't warrant a thread" threads is like having ADD ... you just have a neverending series of quasi-related thoughts, with no real rhyme or reason to them or each other.

Oh, and to justify this being posted in the music folder, "The End of Silence" by the Rollins Band is a really underrated record. Makes me hate the pretentious nob that he became even more.

I was watching Live 8 on DVD last night and man are the Kaiser Chefs out of place in Philadelphia. The audience just bounces beach balls or looks at the stage with a confused reaction They should have traded spots with Snoop Dogg and been in London.

The latest burnt CD I did (all of these songs, except track 9, are over 5 minutes. Track 9 is 4:59

01. "People Who Died" (Jim Carroll Band)

02. "Black Metallic" (Catherine Wheel)

03. "Smells Like Teen Spirit" (Nirvana)

04. "Black" (Pearl Jam)

05. "Story Of My Life" (Social Distortion)

06. "Fire Woman" (The Cult)

07. "Outshined" (Soundgarden)

08. "The Scientist" (Coldplay)

09. "Change" (Deftones)

10. "Love Spreads" (Stone Roses)

11. "Hands In The Sky" (Straylight Run)

12. "Sweater Song" (Weezer)

13. "Aenema" (Tool)

And two other burnt CD track listings

CD2:

01. "This is a Call" (Foo Fighters)

02. "The Comeback" (Shout Out Louds)

03. "Make a Move" (Incubus)

04. "Your Time Has Come" (Audioslave)

05. "Rusty Cage" (Soundgarden)

06. "Hey Ladies" (Beastie Boys)

07. "Fortune Faded" (Red Hot Chili Peppers)

08. "Three Little Birds" (Bob Marley)

09. "The Bucket" (Kings of Leon)

10. "Stars" (Hum)

11. "Car Underwater" (Armor for Sleep)

12. "Amerika" (Rammstein)

13. "Buried a Lie" (Senses Fail)

14. "No Excuses" (Alice in Chains)

15. "The Buzz Kill" (Sage Francis)

16. "Vasoline" (Stone Temple Pilots)

17. "Wynona's Big Brown Beaver" (Primus)

18. "Imagine" (A Perfect Circle)

19. "Hell" (Squirrel Nut Zippers)

20. "Pressure Point" (Zutons)

21. "Where Did You Sleep Last Night?" (Nirvana)

CD3:

01. "This is Radio Clash" (The Clash)

02. "Weapon of Choice" (Fatboy Slim)

03. "All Around the World" (Red Hot Chili Peppers)

04. "Name of the Game" (The Crystal Method)

05. "Take on Me" (Reel Big Fish)

06. "Take me out" (Franz Ferdinand)

07. "Plateau" (Nirvana)

08. "Still" (Geto Boyz)

09. "Intergalatic" (Beastie Boys)

10. "A Favor House Atlantic" (Coheed & Cambria)

11. "Panic" (The Smiths)

12. "District Sleeps Alone Tonight" (Postal Service)

13. "Underground" (Ben Folds Five)

14. "So Pathetic" (Local H)

15. "Slow Hands" (Interpol)

16. "The KKK Took My Baby Away" (Ramones)

17. "Firestarter" (Prodigy)

18. "Brooklyn is Burning" (Head Automatica)

19. "Liar" (Rollins Band)

20. "I'll Stick Around" (Foo Fighters)

I think 2 is better than 3

I'm fairly certain "Frontier Psychiatrist" has the best choreographed video of all time.

It's a goodie. Fine album, too.

I see several people posting mix cd playlists, and while I'm not going to do that, I am going to encourage anyone who's ever stumped on how to open a mix to just use Bowie's "Queen Bitch." Tried it out this week and it's stellar for a starter.

Does anybody know who this band is: it's a Christian band, I think punk or hardcore, but they're really good? It's supposed to be like the best Christian band ever. I think the name starts with a Z.

Sinead O Connor (with Sly & Robbie) played a really good song on Letterman tonight.

Based on this performance I bought her new cd. Im happy.