TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nighthawk

Comments which don't warrant a thread.

Guest Eagle Man
The Arcade Fire's Funeral is a great album if you've never heard any indie rock ever.

I respectfully dissent. While no, I haven't heard enough Modest Mouse or Mercury Rev to acknowledge where they're stealing from, I still think it's one of the best albums of the 00s.

I see it's time for the bi-weekly 'Arcade Fire' discussion. Doesn't everyone know where everyone else stands on the issue? I doubt there's going to be any converts to either side in the near future, so, let's just everyone get along. Or at least use lots of nonsensical, rambling arguments and swear words.

Does anyone know who the lyrics in "Give it to me" by Timberland are directed too (mainly the versus by Justin and Timberland)

I'm probably going to see John Mayer on July 17th in Boston. Ben Folds is the main opener and there's another opener.

There... I feel better now for admitting that.

Guest Eagle Man

Hey, John Mayer has been improving. His career path is like Clapton in reverse.

That's like something out of Rolling Stone. I expect far better from The Czech Republic.

That's like something out of Rolling Stone. I expect far better from The Czech Republic.

Well, Mayer is a guitar god.

Guest Eagle Man
The 3-second guitar lick at 5'27" of the Fiery Furnaces "Chief Inspector Blancheflower" has been in my head all day. Love this song so very much.

One of my favorite Fiery Furnaces pastimes is spotting geographic references, since they're from the area and all. Oak Park or Oak Lawn, I forgot. (EDIT: Park.) I marked out when he mentioned Wolf Rd. in "Chris Michaels," because I pass that every time I go to my grandmother's house. It intersects Palatine Rd., an expressway with stop lights in the middle of it. I also caught the Des Plaines River, Glen Ellyn, Franklin Park, and some others. Porter is from Glen Ellyn, I think.

New ICP leaked.

From start to finish, worst album i've ever heard.

Does anyone know who the lyrics in "Give it to me" by Timberland are directed too (mainly the versus by Justin and Timberland)

Timbaland's verse is to Scott Storch and Timberlake's verse is aimed at Janet Jackson and Prince apparently.

Just for the record, I'm mainly going because Ben Folds is opening but I wouldn't go if I didn't at least tolerate Mayer.

New ICP leaked.

From start to finish, worst album i've ever heard.

That reminds me, I should start a "worst albums ever recorded" thread, or a countdown of the 50 worst albums on my blog.

i just found out that a triple bill of styx, foreigner, and def leppard is coming to pittsburgh. i did not know it was possible for so much rocking to be in one place.

Just missing REO Speedwagon, Journey and possibly Poison and you have yourself an all out 80's fest with the scuzziest crowd known to man.

That Fratellis band is kinda horrible, huh?

I like them.

I realize that technically they are shit but a great deal of the songs stick in my head.

Guest Eagle Man
I'm probably going to see John Mayer on July 17th in Boston. Ben Folds is the main opener and there's another opener.

There... I feel better now for admitting that.

John Mayer and Ben Folds are playing at Northerly Island this June. I think I'll go.

Czech, what u think about that new ICP? I mean they got Mike Clark back, but it's not just "them" yaknow....

Bonnie Prince Billy and Matt Sweeney's "Bed is for Sleeping" off their Superwolf album is one of the most remarkably simple and gorgeous songs I've ever heard. One guitar, maybe 5-6 notes, no real distinction between rhythm and melody line, if the song has either of them? Totally great.

I actually kinda like the new Modest Mouse. I find it to be an overall better CD than "GNFBWLBN" and there's a few tracks that I'm particularly enjoying.

"Fired Up"

"Missed the Boat"

"People as Places as People"

Yeah.

I agree on the new Modest Mouse. I haven't listened to it specifically enough to say which songs I really enjoy the most, but, overall, I like it. There's a couple songs on there that are obviously going to be singles, and, perhaps end up on the next 'Kidz Bop' record, but there's still enough barking and yelping and weird disco basslines to make it a good album, easily better than the new Arcade Fire.