TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

Brock Lesnar Ready To Make WWE Return?

Scott Pearson and Terry Nordenstrom set word that in today's Minneapolis Tribune, Sid Hartman wrote the following:

"Friends of former Gophers and pro wrestler Brock Lesnar say he is ready to make a comeback."

Hartman didn't say what Lesnar wanted to come back to, but since he only left wrestling, that would be the only thing that made sense. With The Royal Rumble and WrestleMania around the corner, it would actually make perfect sense.

To read the story, click here.

credit: Dave Scherer/PWInsider/Minneapolis Tribune

Straight-up, true or not.

Brock Lesnar on RAW would have me so fucking hyped - first time since probably the ECW twist or Hogan at WM 18. Shit, Lesnar/Batista, Lesnar/Orton, Lesnar/Benjamin, Lesnar/Benoit, Lesnar/HHH, Lesnar/Jericho, Lesnar/Edge - Smackdown might need him more, but shit, he belongs on RAW. I miss Lesnar more than anyone else.

Guest LooneyTune

Go to Smackdown! They have 1 heel main eventer. ONE! As much as I want Batista vs. Brock, Smackdown needs the power of main event more than Raw. I guess that NFL Dream got shot down like a frenchman in Al Bundy's shoe store.

Guest I *Heart* Jeff Weaver
Go to Smackdown! They have 1 heel main eventer. ONE!

In theory they should have two, but Angle is kind of in limbo. I would like more than two anyway.

Guest Ronnie755

Do they really mean WWE or is it just them talking about Brock wanting to take another chance on making it to the NFL?

Personally, I think he'd give 1 more try at making the NFL next year, seeing as he wasn't exactly in top form this past year (coming off wrestling, the motorcycle accident). If he fails, then I think he'd come back at that point.

Off course, if he wants to come back sooner, I'd be all for it. He'd easily be the most over heel in the entire company. I only hope the WWE doesn't job him out right away to "teach him a lesson", *especially* to Taker/HHH/Orton.

I only hope the WWE doesn't job him out right away to "teach him a lesson", *especially* to Taker/HHH/Orton.

Considering that the plan before he left was a squash feud with the Taker, it wouldn't be shocking if they picked up right where they left off.

I'd put more stock in the rumor if Taker was almost set in stone to retire after Mania, because Brock may find the SD locker room more hospitable with his buddy Angle running things than he would with Taker.

I only hope the WWE doesn't job him out right away to "teach him a lesson", *especially* to Taker/HHH/Orton.

Considering that the plan before he left was a squash feud with the Taker, it wouldn't be shocking if they picked up right where they left off.

Which would just be utterly ridiculous. Brock would have nuclear heel heat, so to job him out to a guy who doesn't need the win would be insanely counter-productive, as it wouldn't help Taker and would only hurt Brock.

So, yeah, I could see them doing it.

Guest Fook_Theta

If Vince cares about more than just money, Lesnar should be jobbed out to an extreme to show as an example of what not to do. If Vince just wants a bigger payday, fuck the future, then have him go on winning streak by all means.

I would only take him back if he: relearnt how to do a proper SSP, didn't complain about his knees or the ropes, came crawling back on his sore knees, was willing to be humilated until the boys in the back could except him as someone who earned their dues ten fold.

Fuck Lesnar from a long-term business standpoint.

I would only take him back if he: relearnt how to do a proper SSP, didn't complain about his knees or the ropes, came crawling back on his sore knees, was willing to be humilated until the boys in the back could except him as someone who earned their dues ten fold.

Have you no desire for good wrestling?

If Vince cares about more than just money, Lesnar should be jobbed out to an extreme to show as an example of what not to do. If Vince just wants a bigger payday, fuck the future, then have him go on winning streak by all means.

Yeah, he botched his one and only SSP in the WWE..so you want him to relearn it?

Lesnar's is still better than that abortion Kidman calls an SSP..

I don't really think this company is in any shape to prove a point. Interest is dying, the product on both shows is poor (for the most part). They shouldn't sacrifice a money angle to do a "that shows you." I also think they need to accept the blame for some of this. There's only so far you can push a guy before he's had enough. Especially after you've put him atop such a high pedestal to begin with.

What exactly is the point of taking Lesnar back? Bring him back and give him a huge push and the whole roster might revolt. If you job him out to everyone under the sun then he really has no heat and no possibility of drawing money.

I suppose the best thing to do is bring him back, job him in a very tough match to someone high up on the roster (paying the dues), and then slowly begin to push him again.

Guest LooneyTune

If it means taking Luther Reigns and Mark Jindrak out of any main event scene, I wouldn't care if he punched my momma.

Send HBK and Benoit or Jericho to Smackdown and bring Lesnar over to RAW. This is good news. I'm doing the happy dance.

RAW can't lose Jericho. However, HBK or Benoit would liven up SD! a great deal. I'd prefer to see Lesnar on RAW as well, and HBK has done every possible program on RAW, so something like HBK for Lesnar would be perfect IMO.

Guest Salacious Crumb

So is Lesnar going to come back with a stupid head dress and blow fire before his matches as pay back?

Guest LooneyTune

That was punishment for wanting a month off. I'd imagine he is going to wrestle as the Gobbledy Gooker for this.

What exactly is the point of taking Lesnar back? Bring him back and give him a huge push and the whole roster might revolt. If you job him out to everyone under the sun then he really has no heat and no possibility of drawing money.

I suppose the best thing to do is bring him back, job him in a very tough match to someone high up on the roster (paying the dues), and then slowly begin to push him again.

Uhhh, he's one of the best workers in the world. And he's a draw. The point of taking him back is that he'll produce great matches and draw money.