TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

If you were a wrestler...

If you were a wrestler, would you:

Prefer to be given only finish and call everything else in the ring ? Lay the entire match out beforehand ?

Like to have your promo's scripted ? Or just be given a couple of bullet points, and wing the rest ?

Blade often ? Only on occasion ? Would you rather never blade at all ?

What style would you like to wrestle ? Why would you prefer to employ that particular style over others ?

Refuse to take certain moves ? Only take them when working with certain wrestlers ?

Are there any match types you'd like to wrestle in a lot ? Some match types you'd rather never have to work in ?

What style of normal match would you like to do the most ? Would you prefer to sell or to dominate ? Would you like to do long matches ?

Would you like to have a manager or valet to work spots with, or would you rather just do it all yourself ?

Are there some types of angles that you would refuse to do ? Some types of angles that you'd love to do ?

What promotion would you like to work for the most ? What promotion would you hate to work for ?

Any wrestlers today that you'd like to work against ? Any you would avoid working against at all costs ?

What wrestlers from the past would you like to work against ? What wrestlers from the past would you not want to work against ?

Prefer to be given only finish and call everything else in the ring ? Lay the entire match out beforehand ?

Eh, lay the story of the match out beforehand but not move-for-move.

Like to have your promo's scripted ? Or just be given a couple of bullet points, and wing the rest ?

Better just give me a few bulletpoints cause I'll forget my lines if I have a script.

If I were to blade, I'd have to do one backstage for practice . . . as odd as that sounds. If I did it once and it wasn't too bad . . . I wouldn't mind doing it here and there.

What style would you like to wrestle ? Why would you prefer to employ that particular style over others ?

I'd work WWE style since it's the easiest style to learn. Copout answer, but it's the truth.

Refuse to take certain moves ? Only take them when working with certain wrestlers ?

I'd take anything and everything as long as it's been done before w/ good results. No cheese graters please.

Are there any match types you'd like to wrestle in a lot ? Some match types you'd rather never have to work in ?

Since I'm a HUGE battle royal mark, stick me in those along w/ Royal Rumbles and Survivor Series elimination matches. War Games sounds like a lot of fun too.

What style of normal match would you like to do the most ? Would you prefer to sell or to dominate ? Would you like to do long matches ?

I'd love to get my ass kicked and sell in a long match to try to get the fans to get behind me for a huge or even small comeback at the end of a match. Plus, it seems like everyone wants to be a heel, may as well be a face.

Would you like to have a manager or valet to work spots with, or would you rather just do it all yourself ?

I wouldn't mind either way as long as the person is good. I don't need Coach or Bill Alfonso blowing a fuckin whistle every 10 seconds during my match.

Are there some types of angles that you would refuse to do ? Some types of angles that you'd love to do ?

I'd do any angle as long as I didn't have to kiss a dude on the mouth.

What promotion would you like to work for the most ? What promotion would you hate to work for ?

I'd work for anybody. It'd be awesome to have an undercard match at MSG in the 1980s. Oh, how I daydream I could be the next Jose Luis Rivera.

Any wrestlers today that you'd like to work against ? Any you would avoid working against at all costs ?

I'd love to work against Ric Flair or Stevie Richards. Sounds like a ball. I don't think I need to take any Benoit chops or JBL clotheslines as long as I live though.

What wrestlers from the past would you like to work against ? What wrestlers from the past would you not want to work against ?

I'd love to work against Hulk Hogan (if I was a heel) or Randy Savage since I'd like to think my style would be most like his where he wasn't very conventional and while he did take many top rope leaps . . . he didn't do 450s or SSPs, but he didn't have to either. From what I've heard about him, I'd have no desire to square off against Bruiser Brody.

lay the story and prepare the big spots and the finish beforehand, but never move for move

the second

only in important matches and if it's really neccesary

i think i'd wrestle like Jericho probably, i like that he varies alot and doesn't use the same style/moves every match like HHH or some of the guys that just work the "WWE-Style"

i'll take everything except really dangerous stuff(dragon/tiger suplexes for example) just from some guys. I'd never do extreme hardcore stuff, it's stupid

nothing in particular here but my favorites gimmick matches are Rumbles and Ladder matches

i don't like short matches, at least 15min to have a good match. Sell/Dominate whatever

myself alone

i'd refuse any really stupid stuff like necrophilia or pregnancy stuff. Anything else is cool, comedy or serious

i'd like to work for the WWE.

i'd love to wrestle guys like Jericho, Benoit, Eddie. I wouldn't liek to wrestle big untalented guys (ex: Mark HEnry)

i'd like to wrestle some of my favorites, specially Bret and Owen Hart, MAcho MAn too in his better times. I wouldn't like to work with big untalented "wrestlers" like El Gigante, Mabel, etc.

Somewhere between the first and second choice...depends on the person I'm facing.

Non-Scripted. I practice wrestling promos in my car for my E-Feds.

Only when the match calls for it. So, pretty much only PPVs.

I would try to mix as many styles as I could, really...because that way I have versitility wherever I am.

At this moment, I would say I would take every move except Bronco Buster and Stink Face.

Don't have any for either one. I'll work whatever they throw my way.

I'd like to do longer matches...and for sell or dominate: Depends on if I'm a face or heel.

Not sure.

I wouldnt' like doing anything exceedingly stupid. Dont' know about what I'd love to do though.

As long as I'm wrestling, it doesn't matter.

Hardcore Holly for trying to avoid...if he's still around by the time I'm there. In TNA, Nash and Hall. Work with? I'd like to have one match with Taker, because he's the man I first chose as my favorite wrestler. Also Flair before he dies in the ring. Other than that, I'm cool with working with whoever.

Hogan, just to say I did. If he could have, Bret Hart and Owen would have been good to work with too.

A mix of both. Give me a general rundown of who does what and then call some stuff in the ring. Taken from the um, one match I ever wrestled. :P

Bullet points. The rest just comes naturally.

Only for big occasions.

Bret Hart style. Nothing too flashy, straight to the "I must defeat you" point.

Refuse to take certain moves ? Only take them when working with certain wrestlers?

Almost anything, save for the Ganso Bombs of this world. I'd want my career to last a while.

Want: Battle royals, if only because you basically can do whatever you want and the only requirement is follow the booking [X eliminates Y when W shows up]. If I'm feeling froggy, cage match. Don't Want: Chain or Dog Collar Matches.

Haven't tested my crowd working abilities enough to answer this. I'll say face, though.

If I'm a heel, I gotta have a manager that will have undying devotion to me and is willing to get tossed around a little. And he'll also have to take a beating or two for me.

Don't Want: anything beyond the line of good taste. Want: I like to think I have an open mind.

The obvious answer would be WWE, but I'd say more 1996 WCW when the cruiserweights were starting out. I was also a fan of the Lethal Lottery where random partners would be paired up in a tournament and then the final eight meet in a battle royal.

Want - As a referee: Ric Flair, bar none. One of my dreams is to be a foil to his heel antics. As a wrestler: Mick Foley. I know he'd go out of his way to make me look good. Don't Want - As a referee: Mark Henry. I'd be bored to tears. As a wrestler: A pissed off Taker.

Want: Arn Anderson. I'd sell that spinebuster like a goddamn car wreck. Don't Want: Justin Hawk Bradshaw. I mean, yikes.

Guest Loss

I'd rather have only a finish and talk some things out before the match. The more limited my opponent is (assuming I'm a fucking great worker), the more pre-planning we'll do.

Bullet points. Definitely bullet points. I would want my promos to sound genuine.

I would blade, but I would be hesitant to do a double-juice match unless I trusted my opponent and knew he wasn't HIV positive or anything. I'd prefer to blade only once or twice a year, so it means more when it happens.

What style would you like to wrestle ?  Why would you prefer to employ that particular style over others ?

I'd like to wrestle kind of a fast-paced heavyweight style that doesn't necessarily involve a huge number of high-risk moves, but one where every move looks great. The longer my career, the better, as I wouldn't hang on after I passed my prime.

If I trust the worker I'm across the ring from, he can do whatever he wants. I would not take any major risks in my first ever match against anyone. I also would never take any big risk moves on small shows. On big shows, I'd do whatever I could to make a match better.

I would push for my matches to go long whenever possible, especially when I'm paired with another top-notch worker. However, going long just for the sake of going long is masturbatory, so I don't think it's a good idea if I'm against a limited worker. If the story can be told in five minutes, that's great, and if it takes 45 minutes, that's okay too. I'd want to be a wrestler that could do whatever was asked of me and be experienced and prepared in all styles at all times. I'd do any type of match out there, but in the more dangerous matches, I'd be more likely to work smart than work hard.

I'd definitely like to sell as much as possible. My goal would be to make my opponent look good, but there's a balancing act, as sacrificing all of your own credibility to do so helps no one, and makes him looking good against you meaningless. Long matches are great, but not just for the sake of going long.

If I was an up-and-comer, I think this could help me. If the storyline was right and they wanted to give me a second, I'd be in full support of it. It would all depend on the role I was playing at that role in time. I don't think I should have someone running interference if I'm world champion if they expect to have the belt taken seriously at all, but if I'm doing comedy matches and I'm jerking the curtain, then it's fine.

I would be a very hands-on wrestler, and I wouldn't want to do anything that would expose the business, myself or my opponent. That would be my biggest concern. Whenever possible, I'd prefer to have my angles have a slow burn and satisfying payoff. I'd prefer to be kept strong during the buildup. When it comes time for the big match, I don't care if I win or lose, as long as the match is good and the goal is accomplished.

I would have preferred to take the Chris Jericho or Chris Benoit route, training under Stu and starting on local indy shows before doing occasional Japan tours before eventually going there full time. Send me to WCW to hone my skills as a midcarder and be held down, and then send me to WWE to become a star. In today's environment, I'd rather be a journeyman than work for WWE. If I played my cards right, I could make more money doing Japanese and Mexican tours and working ROH and the indies than I could as a full-time WWE competitor, and the chances of being treated with respect and being allowed more creative freedom would be important.

I'd work with anyone, anytime. I'd look at every situation as a challenge -- I want to have excellent matches every time out and I'd focus on having the skill and mental acumen to know my opponent well enough to know exactly what type of work I needed to be doing to play to his strengths.

I would have liked to work against Thesz and Gotch. I would have liked to have had a run against Bruno and done some AJ tours working with Baba, Jumbo, the Funks and the Destroyer. I would have liked a run opposite Inoki in NJPW. Jushin Liger. Taka Michinoku. Ric Flair. Hulk Hogan. Randy Savage. Sting. Vader. Ricky Morton. Tommy Rogers. Chris Benoit. Dynamite Kid. Tiger Mask. Mitsuharu Misawa. Toshiaki Kawada. Steve Williams. Akira Taue. Jun Akiyama. Kenta Kobashi. American Dragon. Paul London. Rey Misterio Jr. Rob Van Dam. Andre the Giant. Steve Austin. The Rock. HHH. The Undertaker. Shawn Michaels. Bret Hart. Yokozuna. Pat Patterson. Jack Brisco. Roddy Piper. Chris Jericho. Stan Hansen. Bobby Eaton. Big Show. Eddy Guerrero. El Hijo del Santo. Samoa Joe. Jerry Lawler. Basically wrestlers who are either limited so they'd possess a challenge, big names or great workers.

I wouldn't care to go against Brody unless the payoff was high because I don't see him making me look all that good. I would refuse to do a match with New Jack, considering that he nearly killed a poor kid just to look like a tough guy. Working with guys like Luger or Nash who had no desire to try new things or work hard would be a nightmare. I wouldn't work with anyone, ever, who was drunk or stoned at match time.

Hybrid. I'd talk over the story we should work to convey, and the key high/heat spots we'd do.

Bullets. That's how I make business presentations, and as long as you know what you're talking about, it's the best way to do things. You speak TO the audience, not AT them.

Depends on the story of the match and the feud. Blood is a heat spot, it adds dramatic effect. So yes, on Occasion.

Shoot style bitches. No running the ropes fer me.

For one, it's been rare in the US so you'd be unique, and that when it is done it typically is done poorly. [it's easier and less damaging to your health than spotfu, and allows for better storytelling. The difficulty is getting other wrestlers to go along with it, as it won't blend well with other styles (though its doable).

Fuck yeah. No ones droppin me on my head or comin crashing down on my face.

Tag matches. Less work. Easier to get heat. More possibilities.

Against: anything that would hurt me.

Selling. Shortish matches.

A manager would be fun.

Just bad and good angles.

HUSTLE MOTHERFUCKER!

Pff, as if anyone is on MY level.

Hogan, natch.

I think I'd like to discuss the finish obviously, and big spots. Everything else though, in the ring.

For sure bullet points. It sounds a lot more genuine that way. And I'd be so focused on remembering my lines that my emotion might not be all there.

On occasion. Sometimes, a good blade job adds so much to a match. And it'd be so dramatic, especially in the women's division where blood is the rarest thing ever.

I'd love to have the ability to emulate someone like Benoit. Just to bring crispness with intensity would be my goal. Although I doubt I'd be against doing a spot fest once in a while, especially if I'm a face.

I'd be very iffy on taking piledrivers, especially with someone who's sloppy. If I trusted someone completely, I'd trust them enough to take it, I think.

I think I'd just stick to a one-on-one match most of the time. But I do love tag matches. I'm actually a big fan of intergender tag matches, assuming the face in peril is the female. I'd love to make a big bad ass heel look like a million bucks. I'd love to try a cage match, or a ladder match, but not too often. Those are just for special occasions.

Totally depends on who I'm facing. I could see advantages on both selling and dominating. In general though, I think I'd be a better seller. Again though, since I'm so used to watching male wrestling, it's easier for me to say that since I'm small compared to most guys. Female wrestling is different because it's rare to see someone dominate someone else on pure strength or size advantage. I'll compromise: I think I'd rather dominate in single's matches, but I'd way rather sell in tag matches.

I'd love to do longer matches, but I wouldn't want to do them for the sake of having a long match.

Oh, if I'm a heel, for sure! There aren't enough effective managers out there.

I'd hate to do T&A angles. I feel that if I ever did wrestle, I wouldn't want to be reconized because of that. I'd love to do just a betrayal or raw hate feud. Those are just the best if done properly.

Somewhere that I could find the happy medium between living a good lifestyle (decent pay) and loving what I do. I'd hate to work for a promotion that only has T&A women's division.

I wouldn't avoid her per se, but I wouldn't be too keen on working with Lita. I'd love to work with Molly, Trish, Victoria, Madison (local wrestler), Mischif, Mickie Knuckles, and pretty much the whole IWA-MS women's division. I'd love the oppertunity to work with male wrestlers too.

I'd only blade in months with the letter "A" and when the new moon rises.

I'd wrestle the least dangerous style possible and do lots of chinlocks. "No" to the second question.

I'd only take armdrags from Ricky Steamboat; anyone else and I'd walk out of the ring and piss on their mothers.

I like wrestling matches. I'd prefer to win before the match went too long.

XWF

I wouldn't like to work against Crash Holly or Road Warrior Hawk, because they'd be like zombies and shit.

God dammit, CMFunk did a run in on my heel turn.

LOOK WHAT YOU DID!

Holy smokes!

Charlie don't surf.

Guest LooneyTune

- Prefer to be given only finish and call everything else in the ring ? Lay the entire match out beforehand ?

Not 100% laid out, but some key points to hit. I'm not good for improvising matches

I can't cut a promo to save my life.

Right now? I'm afraid to cut myself shaving, but if the money was right,hand me a blade!

I like mat wrestling. Either that or brawling. I'm not agile enough for cool stuff and not strong enough for much power stuff.

Refuse to take certain moves ? Only take them when working with certain

wrestlers ?

Anything that involves being dropped on the head. No Thank You.

Steel Cage I'd love to work in. I like the idea of being confied in a place where there's no place to hide.

I preffer selling, but I'm not against dominating either. I like a match that tells a story, so I preffer something long.

No idea

Anything to involves cutting my hair. I don't cut my hair for anyone (as in shaving it off). Anything that has to do with having an "affair". Too stupid and never gets anyone over.

Work for WWE. It's so obvious, even if it's not the best for workrate. I wouldn't want to work in Japan, mainly because I don't want to be lost in a country where I don't know a single word of their language. If not for that, I'd want to.

Eh... not really. I wouldn't want to wrestle Triple-You-Know-Who. :D Also New Jack. YIKES!

Hulk Hogan. That would be too awesome to describe. I would never, EVER, want to fight (and cant anyway) Andre The Giant unless he liked me.

Guest BDC

-At the indy show I bodyguarded at, I liked the way they did it: you lay out a few spots to enhance the story and work up a good finish.

-Bullet points. You hand me a script and I won't remember it word for word anyway.

-Not often at all. On rare occassions, probably, but nowhere near often.

-Submission/Striking. I know how to work holds and I know how to hit. May as well stick to my strengths.

-I'm really protective of my neck. Any headdropping moves I'd have to seriously either practice with a landing pad or nix.

-A longer match, like an Ironman or an I Quit, where I get to really work over a bodypart.

-Probably as a cold-blooded heel to dominate for most of the match. I'd have no problem selling like death for the face, but I'd like to look strong in the process.

-No, if anything a partner. I'd rather not be seen as having a "crutch" character, instead I'd rather build myself as a "do it yourself" type.

-Stupid stupid angles are right out. I love old style angles where it's simple: guy one is pissed at guy two. They fight. They fight some more. Each time they fight, things get tougher. And so on. The sort of thing about losing tag straps, a woman coming between the two, something classic.

-You couldn't get me to work RoH. I'd just feel so damn inferior next to guys like that, and I'm well aware that my limitations would prevent a 450 splash or anything of the sort.

-Keep me out of the ring against Bob Holly. If he starts stiffing me, I'd probably kick him in the knee and get my ass banned from the ring. To work with? Someone that connects well with the crowd in-ring, that's all I ask.

-Throwing the kitchen sink at Andre doesn't sound appealing. While working against Andre would be great, it'd be like trying to wrestle a brick wall.

Guest BrokenWings

Good thread.

A mix of the two. Go over the story, finish, as well as a few high spots in the back, everything else to be called in the ring.

Bullet points, definitely. As someone else said, I'd forget my lines if they were all written down, and I'm better at showing emotion when I'm speaking from the heart, rather than attempting to recall what needs to be said, how to say it, etc.

Rarely, but on occasion. If the feud/match/story calls for it, then I would. Also, if I were to blade, it'd be a crimson mask, which I believe is far more dramatic when it's done properly.

Submission/Striking preferably, with mat wrestling included when my opponent and I worked well together. I'd prefer to employ that style over others because most opponents are able to adapt to these styles as compared to high spots and mat wrestling, of which some have difficulties. I also find the two I mentioned more believable, and fun to watch, so of course that's what I'd be interested in.

Depends on whom I'm working with, and what their reputation is, etc. If they were known as someone who took liberties at times with people, then I'd be less likely to take risky moves than with someone whom has shown that they take pride in their work, and go out of their way to protect someone. However, I would not take such head dropping moves as the Canadian Destroyer.

One-on-one matches for the most part, though a tag match with reason to it would be acceptable. When it comes to gimmick matches, I Quit would be very fun. I'd also like to experience a ladder match. Gimmicks I'd never enjoy working in would be first blood, as well as stupid scaffold matches.

Once again, it's a mixed bag. I have no problems selling to whomever, but as such would need time to dominate as well. I imagine my dominating sequences to resemble that of Super Dragon. I'd love to do longer matches, but only if there is a story involved. There's no sense in going as long as possible for little reason.

Do it myself for the most part, however having allies to watch my back would be fun.

Unrealistic angles are out. I'd also dislike doing an angle involving a woman valet, as I'd prefer my character didn't have his mind bogged down with one, and rather remained focus on gaining gold.

Love to work for Ring of Honor. Where wrestling still matters.

Would enjoy working against Bryan Danielson, CM Punk, Super Dragon. Would also love to experience a Samoa Joe match, even if it did involve taking a shit kicking. Would dislike working against Bob Holly, for similar reasons, and I wouldn't trust him.

It's all about Bret Hart. I'd also love to have had the chance to work against Misawa (in his prime), Dynamite, Owen, among many others.

Guest Fook_Theta

I would like to work all of the match out beforehand, but as soon as the crowd got into the match, I would want to have a good worker to take direction so we could play to the fans. The only reason the wrestlers do what they do, is to entertain the fans on a short term and long term basis.

Promos I'd like to be scripted, and repeated about forty times so that I could believe what I'm saying. The best heels and faces either believed what they said, or were excellent actors.

Occasionally bleed, but I would start doing the 'bleed from a different body part than head' thing. I think this "gimmick" could get over huge from making it from the IC title to World Championship material.

All/my style. Bruce Lee told Kareem, "If I told you to do a specific judo move that meant for you to get your hips under me, how could you?" It would not make any sense logically for Kareem to do judo moves on a smaller person.

Only take certain moves with people I truly trust. Quanity is as important as quality.

No death matches except unless I thought I could get it over. I believe RoH has ran a deathmatch angle that was believable. I would love to work threeways often, because I believe that is the next step in keeping IC/CW title important and fun. You can hide lots of weaknesses and display lots of strength this way.

I would like endurance matches often enough to be labeled to a casual fan as a badass. That I knew what I was doing, and I was the fucking champion. I would like to keep the in ring action realistic if I'm going to lose clean. Just playing around with my nieces, I like to sell, then turn the momentum, but finally lose by something I did wrong instead of the other guy beating me.

Would love to work for a tour-heavy japanese promotion. Would not like to soap mutoh's ass nor would I like to see ohtani's cock.{shirleydoe} Tour indy's till I knew what my gift to the wrestling business was, and what my personality is "Amped up by ten times." WWE Raw only because it isn't taped.

Work with everyone, preferably working a promo-heavy feud with Flair and surprisingly Benoit. Love to have a match and forcibly make RVD sell for me. Work with Chavo and Eddie, maybe reviving Chavo's career.

Too many to count. Fun topic, if not a little ego-centric.

If possible, I’d prefer to call everything in the ring. If a big spot is required for the continuation of a storyline, then I’d be ok with laying that out beforehand. Other than that, I’d want to call it all in the ring.

Just give me a few bullet points, if needed, and I’ll wing the rest. It’s more natural if it seems like you’re speaking as yourself, and not reading from a script you’ve memorized.

I’d rather only blade on rare occasions, so that when I do, I could bleed profusely, ala Eddie Guerrero at Judgement Day this year. If I’m going to blade, then I want to be able to bleed buckets, and that would mean a lot more if I were someone who almost never bleeds.

I’d wrestle a technical style, something like Ricky Steamboat. I’d infrequently go to the top rope, and even then it would only be something as complicated as a high crossbody or a karate chop.

I would refuse to take something like a burning hammer or a ganso bomb, or anything where I’m dropped vertically down on my head. In the case of DDT or piledriver like moves, I’d make sure I took the bump in such a manner that I’m not coming straight down. No RVD-like head bumps for me.

I’d like to wrestle in Iron Man or 2/3 falls matches. Something where the nature of the match means you’re looking at a 25 minute affair, at least. I would refuse to wrestle a scaffold match, especially if they even hint at me taking a bump off of there.

I’d like to wrestle a nice even match, with plenty of back and forth action. I’d prefer to sell mostly, but I would want to make sure I get in enough offence to where I’m not seen as inferior. I’d much prefer long matches, in the 25-30 minute range at least

If I were a heel, I’d prefer to have someone at ringside with me, because then I can work a lot more heel spots then.

I’d refuse to do anything overtly sexual, no affair angles, etc. If I was in a relationship with a woman in real life, I’d point blank refuse to do any kind of angle that saw us break up, or saw one of us cheat on the other. I’d also refuse to do anything racial. Angles I’d love to do would be the kind where I’m playing off of someone whose character is the exact opposite of mine, or something where a friend and I are both going for a title, and we’re trying not to let that get in the way of our friendship, and one of us could play the subtle heel.

In America, I’d prefer to work for ROH, and would hate working in WWE, and I’d only ever go there if I literally had no other choice. For Japan, I’d prefer New Japan.

I’d like to work against Kenta Kobashi, though I’d like to avoid taking any head drops if possible. I’d like to work 60 minute matches with Osamu Nishimura or Yuji Nagata. I’d like to work with most of the New Japan roster, especially those whose styles are likely to complement mine. For America, I’d like to work with CM Punk, Bryan Danielson, Nigel McGuinness, or anyone else who wrestles a technical style. The WWE guys I’d care to wrestle would be Benoit, Jericho, Guerrero Angle, Regal and Benjamin. Everyone else, I’d pass on.

I’d like to have worked a program with Ricky Steamboat that would see a series of time limit draws, first 20 minutes, then 30, then 45, then 60, before finally culminating in matches with 90 minute time limits, with both of us exchanging wins, with matches going 70 minutes or so. If possible, I’d like to see it run as a house show program, with the 20 minute draws running the loop, then the 30 minute draws, and so on.

If I had the right tag team partner, I’d like to have worked a program with both versions of the Midnight Express managed by Cornette, as well as The Rock and Roll Express.

Somewhere in the middle, leaning towards the first. I have an abysmal memory so I'm not sure I could lay an entire match out and remember enough of it so as not to turn it into some sort of abomination. The finish, key idea of the match and maybe a couple of important spots, but little more.

Bullets. Again though, to a point. I wouldn't script a promo so to speak, but I'd run through it in my head beforehand to try and avoid rambling.

Very rarely.

I guess the 'European' style as a base...submission wrestling. Build up some sort of submission hold as real deadly and then focus on building a moveset around that. Oh, and Strong Style striking would be a must too. I'm not going to be flip-flopping about the ring, so having a good array of strikes would be the next best way of getting crowd reactions. Of course, that'd probably mean facing other Strong Stylers and getting destroyed, but whatever. So, I guess something kinda like Joe. Only...I'd be much more comedical in character.

Naturally, I wouldn't take anything that'd kill me.

Multi-man matches as you've got more scope, with more wrestlers and styles to go up against at one time. Tag matches counting as multi-man, that'd be the preferred route, for the same reasons as Rudo.

Never work in...deathmatches. Not a fan. Certainly not stupid enough to go near them.

Prefer to sell, certainly. Length of match wouldn't really matter to me all that much, depending on the match, as I'd have Strong Style (shorter matches) and Submission (longer matches) styles.

I'd prefer a manager and at the risk of sounding corny, a female valet would be great. And not just for the 'it looks good to have a chick next to you' reasons...with a female manager you can go any number of ways in terms of character.

I wouldn't do anything I found 'wrong' or that I thought was ridiculous. I'd be more than willing to play the fool and make myself look an idiot, but if the angle was unrealistic to the point of being just plain stupid, I wouldn't do it. With the female valet, there of COURSE has to be a romance angle, followed up by the female turning on me so I could go from comedy to serious should I want to.

Start out in the FWA, obviously. IWA:MS would be the preferred place to work. There seems to be the 'little bit of everything' there, rather than one particular style. Plus, it's obvious that you can have fun there while wrestling very talented workers.

I'd certainly be cautious about working for the WWE and I'm not sure if I'd work for CZW either. Dunno why.

That wouldn't really bother me much. Part of the challenge would be to adapt to any wrestler and any style. As for not working with, anybody that hates me basically. Oh, and New Jack. He be trippin'.

Obviously, guys like Dynamite and Bret. Tully and Arn would be fun opponents. Hogan just for the fact you're facing Hogan. Again, pretty much anyone. Not working with...definately Warrior. I value my safety.

Guest Fook_Theta
I’d rather only blade on rare occasions, so that when I do, I could bleed profusely, ala Eddie Guerrero at Judgement Day this year.
He took some sort of aspirin or other blood-thinning agent. So you could say you'd be all hopped up on pills when you wanted to bleed :lol:

edit: I'll make you bleed for free.

Guest Mike Haseloff

Prefer to be given only finish and call everything else in the ring ? Lay the entire match out beforehand?

I'd want to have the match roughly planned out, but not set in stone.

I wouldn't have the confidence in some guys, or some situations to leave it to chance, but having the freedom to judge it out there seems paramount.

Like to have your promo's scripted? Or just be given a couple of bullet points, and wing the rest?

I'd like to think that this would be one of my strengths as a wrestler, so I'd want to have creative freedom in a promo. Just tell me what needs to be delivered, and let me do it my way.

Blade often? Only on occasion? Would you rather never blade at all?

I wouldn't want to blade at all, but if I was wrestling, I'd have to be willing to accept that it might have to happen from time to time.

I wouldn't like to do it though. Only very special occasions.

I'd probably try to sell it as something really huge when it happened. Like, "my gawd, Haseloff is busted wide open! He is giving everything he has here at Wrestlemania!" and so on.

What style would you like to wrestle? Why would you prefer to employ that particular style over others?

Well, I'd want something natural, because it's really going to be the only way to deliver anything. Naturally I'd feel comfortable approaching it with a lot of strikes and holds. I don't think pro wrestling grappling is my strength, even in fantasy.

Martial artists don't seem to go over too well though, so I'd probably work on incorporating something into the routine. Variation would be something I'd look for, because it's something I want as a viewer.

The repetition some guys produce, ala Ric Flair, is why I just can't ever swallow them as in-ring superstars.

Refuse to take certain moves? Only take them when working with certain wrestlers?

I can't think of any moves I wouldn't want to take, unless I had a particular injury of some kind. I think I'd always be worried about piledrivers, and things that put stress on the head and neck, but they seem to have been ruled out by default these days.

Maybe I'd refuse the Pedigree, just to shit stir. (To be honest, if I were a wrestler, I could imagine getting along with Triple H)

Are there any match types you'd like to wrestle in a lot? Some match types you'd rather never have to work in?

From a character perspective, submission matches would be something I'd always be interested in. Maybe even lions den matches, because I'm a big fan of the UFC cage.

Personally, I'd love to do the job in a casket match. That would be insane. I wouldn't mind tackling a Hell in a Cell, but I wouldn't go for any sick bumps. I'd want to try to put some kind of new spin on the Cell, a little like the Lesnar/Taker at No Mercy 02. I'm pretty agile, so I'd try to work some of that in. Maybe climb to the top (inside) and pull something off dropping down. Something different.

What style of normal match would you like to do the most? Would you prefer to sell or to dominate? Would you like to do long matches?

I'd like to have a fair balance. I don't think I'd have the presence to dominate my matches, so if I wanted character development, there'd have to be vulnerability and defeat. A balance would be nice. I'm not a fan of the "underdogs" either.

Would you like to have a manager or valet to work spots with, or would you rather just do it all yourself?

I'd probably rather be alone, but if there's an angle to play, I'd go for it.

Steal Paul Bearer, and be a new mini-lord of darkness!

Yeeessss, yeeeees, yeeees. You're not the phenom anymoooorrre!

Are there some types of angles that you would refuse to do? Some types of angles that you'd love to do ?

Nothing overly cheesy, or controversial. I'm a bit of a writer, so I'd be pushing my own ideas very heavily. (Oh, I'd be popular with the powers that be!)

I'd probably try to deliver something a little bit different. Take the rules of pro wrestling, and then apply them with my own logic. I'd try to make Haseloff TV time something different, and something the fans can identify. Creativity would probably be my greatest strength as a wrestler.

What promotion would you like to work for the most? What promotion would you hate to work for?

WWE. I wouldn't fit as well anywhere else.

Any wrestlers today that you'd like to work against? Any you would avoid working against at all costs?

I probably wouldn't want to work with JBL, Bob Holly or anyone I wasn't very comfortable with.

I'm no a big fan, but Jericho is probably a guy I'd want to work with from the perspective of putting together a good match up. I'm only six foot, and I'm not a high flyer, so I'd be looking for something solid.

What wrestlers from the past would you like to work against? What wrestlers from the past would you not want to work against?

Macho Man Randy Savage, ooooooh yeeeeeeeah!!

I'd probably do the job for Hogan too.

That'd be fun.

As has been said, a mix. Plan out the big or complex stuff mostly and work everything else in the ring with the right people and when I had the skill. Before that, be more planning based.

Bullet points and ad lib, gotta learn you own stuff, and sometimes there are great things you think of you just need to say.

On occasion, for drama, when it's needed. No sense ending up Corino, but a good blade job can add something to a match.

A hopefully sensible form of Strong Style. Not what the Indie kids break out, but the same sort of focused set around strikes and simple yet over bombs, while mixing it with simple but useful mat work. Mainly because it's brilliant when done well and can be used against almost anyone you'd face. And maybe I'd like the chellenge.

I'd rather not take the needless headdrops. Headdrops in finite are ok, but not on mass.

Rather stick to just straight singles and two team tag matches. Multi men I wouldnt want to do as they often end up being horrible.

As I'm souding like a complete strong style wannabe anyway, I might as well carry on. Start off being the underdog that's selling up the yin yang, growing into a grumpy old vet that dominates all the time. Long matches definatly, if I had the skill to make the interesting and meaningful.

Rather just be on my own.

Stay away from the TnA angles, battling over valets and stuff. Ones about fighting pride, hatred grown between fighters I'd like to do.

As it stands right now? Probably RoH. Definatly wouldnt want to work for the WWE.

Benoit and Samoa Joe. Dont think I could stand having to work against Hogan and hardcore brawlers.

Love to take on the AJPW 3 in their prime.

Heh, all this sounds far to much like my e-fed stuff.

In the beginning, lay out everything beforehand...probably in a less detailed way than say, DDP or Randy Savage

Just give me a general direction, the rest will be taken care of.

I not really crazy about blading...unless it's something monumental like say, Tully vs Magnum TA (I quit match)

Utilizing stiff looking strikes (a la Tajiri/Low Ki) combined with mat-wrestling and submissions. Why? Just wanna see if I could matchup with RRR :D

As long as the other person's not sloppy or someone I can trust, I'll take anything.

I like I Quit matches, ultimate submission, maybe Last Man Standing also. No ___on a pole matches for me please.

More mat-based & submission type match for me. I want to dominate, of course. Not longer than 20 mins, though...my stamina/conditioning is rather suspect.

Yes to manager...might help me getting over.

All the angles that Kane had involved in...no thanks. I'd like to have an angle similar to Benoit's pre WM XX...

...WWE, for now.

Hmm...Regal, Tajiri, Noble, Benoit, Eddy, Jericho. RRR too :D No for: Heidenreich, Tomko....you know, useless big slugs.

Ricky Steamboat and at the risk of losing my brain cells, Kawada. Too Cold Scorpio during his prime would be fun. No for: Giant Gonzales, Yokozuna.

Call heat spots and finish spots only. I think I could pace everything else.

Bullet points, but I'd keep them short otherwise I'd expose myself as bad behind a mic.

Very rarely and for very damn good effect. I want my blade jobs to make people say "Holy shit! He's BLEEDING!"

I'd be one-part worked shoot and one-part human ragdoll, since at my size, almost everything I throw would look weak except for submissions.

I'll refuse to wrestle people I deem to be sloppy and unable to give me at least a small cushion of protection on moves. Neck bumps are also out of the question.

I'd work alot of tag-team, gimmick matches, and squashes on the losing end.

Tag-team matches as the proverbial Ricky Morton getting my ass beat and selling three-quarters of the time.

I'd have a credible tag-team partner, but that's about it.

Anything overly taboo (death, rape, etc.) is out of the question. I'd rather do comedy and big-man vs little-man angles.

If they can pay me on the spot, it's all good.

If they're willing to work with me, I'm willing to work with them. Except Bob Holly. Fuck him. New Jack, too.

I'd want to work with Vader pre-WWF or Stan Hansen once, just to know what it's like to get my ass kicked legit.

Call in the ring because of the crowd reactions

Bullet points because I cannot read lines and I would also forget them.

I hate blading so I don't think I could make it as a main eventer anywhere. (Not only because of that but other things as well.) Make me bleed for real.

Like Shawn Michaels, seriously. A little lightweight, technical, and maybe a piledriver, here or there.[/b]

I would refuse a superkick from Goldberg.

I think I would hate ladder matches. I'd probably lose my balance and fall off. I'd wrestle in a lot of falls count anywhere matches.

I think I would like to dominate. I mean it depends on the situation. I would do an ironman match against the right oppenent.

No, I'll be fine by myself

Anything the WWE has pulled in the last year and half I would hate to do. I would do some sort of faction angle.

I would work ROH and WWE. I would not work in Japan cause the wrestlers would kill me.

I would avoid Hardcore Holly and Kevin Nash. I would like to work with the Undertaker, HBK, Bret Hart, Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, and many more.

I would probably work with everyone except for Andre the Giant since he seemed angry all the time. (He had a reason to be mad.)

I'd only want to know the finish

Bullet points and wing the rest

On Occasion

I would love submission, but it would totally go past the heads of marks so, typical WWE style

I'd only take them with certain wrestlers i know i can trust

Battle Royales, and 3-4 way matches, i'd refuse to do anything with nails and shit. barbed wire...MAYBE

normal submission i guess. I'd like to sell. sure, if i have the stamina to go 30 minutes

Mananger, only to cut my promos for me

anything involving gay men. anything involving gay women

I would love to work the indies of japan for some reason. DDT maybe, i wouldnt mind being the steriotypical mexican guy, the japanese would probably love me. I would hate to work for the WWE only because i know i wouldnt have the body for it.

well, by the time i'm an adult Samoa Jose would be a veteran. I would love to be made into his bitch. I'd avoid any Heidenrich or Sninski that comes near me

of course, who wouldnt want to wrestle bret hart? I would HATE HATE HATE to work with Abdullah the Butcher. no fucking way am i gonna get stabbed with a fork from a guy that has bigger tits than my gf.

Prefer to be given only finish and call everything else in the ring ? Lay the entire match out beforehand ? depends on the opponent. in most cases, finish and big spots beforehand. BUT, if i'm in there with some clueless idiot like Heidenreich, or someone with a reputation for injuring people like Goldberg, i wouldn't be wanting to rely on them to improvise something.

Like to have your promo's scripted ? Or just be given a couple of bullet points, and wing the rest ? bullet points and improv the rest

Blade often ? Only on occasion ? Would you rather never blade at all ? only in big matches where the situation demands it. and i'd blade following a spot where its realistic that i'd bleed, and not dumb stuff like following a TLC match where nobody blades and then blading from a simple spot getting my head banged into the ring steps

What style would you like to wrestle ? Why would you prefer to employ that particular style over others ? more storyline driven matches, like the old NWA stuff, rather than highspot after highspot with no meaning to it

Refuse to take certain moves ? Only take them when working with certain wrestlers ? i'd take anything if the other guy knew what he was doing.

Are there any match types you'd like to wrestle in a lot ? Some match types you'd rather never have to work in ? not a fan of the garbage hardcore stuff, so no barbed wire thumbtacks explosion fire matches or any shit like that. of the stipulations currently being used by the WWE i'd like to do all of them.

What style of normal match would you like to do the most ? Would you prefer to sell or to dominate ? Would you like to do long matches ? long matches would be great. and not bothered as to working face or heel, would like to do both at some point

Would you like to have a manager or valet to work spots with, or would you rather just do it all yourself ? managers can be total heat machines, imagine working as a heel being managed by a Heenan or Heyman or Cornette and tell me you wouldn't fucking love it

Are there some types of angles that you would refuse to do ? Some types of angles that you'd love to do ? i'd draw the line at being raped by Heidenreich

What promotion would you like to work for the most ? What promotion would you hate to work for ? none of the garbage promotions like 3PW, cos as i said earlier, not a fan of the hardcore stuff. ROH would be great, as would WWE obviously since they're the biggest around, TNA too, and also would have to go and work in Japan just to see what it's like

Any wrestlers today that you'd like to work against ? Any you would avoid working against at all costs ? i'd work with anybody but i'll not deny that Me v. Benoit, Eddy or Angle would be great

What wrestlers from the past would you like to work against ? What wrestlers from the past would you not want to work against ? i'd be loving working with Flair, Race, Windham (in his prime not his lazy later years), Bret, Shawn, Hogan (just to say i've done it), Andre The Giant (see Hogan), Austin, Rock, Foley, Taker (as long as he no-sold everything and i could be the cowardly heel), Steamboat, Vader and Sting. and would love to work tags with The Hollywood Blondes, Arn and Tully, Road Warriors, Edge and Christian.

Guest scratch

I'm actually in training to be a wrestler right now, so here is my view:

Give me the finish, go over some basic stuff, then just call it in the ring

Bullet points. I have the crummiest memory so if it's scripted, I'll gloss over a lot of lines and screw it all up. I do things better unscripted

Occasion. Blading is only necessary if the type of match calls for it. If its a straight up one on one, 20 minute time limit, fuck no. If it's a grudge match, fued ending cage match where anything goes, I'll bleed a gusher.

One part strong style mixed in with a little technical, and some hardcore when the time is right (see blading). Sticking with one style can get repetitive. You wanna keep your moveset fresh.

If I know a guy isn't going to kill me with certain moves, and has a considerable amount of experience, I will take them. However, if I'm working a guy in his first match and he wants to give me a release German or a Ganso Bomb, or anything that involves no protection to the head, I'll tell him to find someone else to work. [/b] :D

No doubt - battle royals. I always marked for battle royals as a kid and I would LOVE to compete in one. I'd also like to do a cage match at some point. As for matches I'd rather not work in -- death matches. Senseless violent acts. It's not wrestling, it's self mutilation.

I'm just starting off, so I'd like to keep my matches rather short and to the point, just so I don't look like I'm lost. Once I get better, and the more things I learn, the longer I will want to work. I'd prefer to sell, as I do have a believeable "sell face" kinda like Randy Savage.

Nah, no manager. I'm a DIY kinda guy.

I'd do anything if it was for the good of the promotion pretty much. Like I said the only thing I probably would not do is a death match.

I think everyone's dream is to work for WWE at some point, even if they say they don't. I'd also like to work for New Japan, AAA, ROH and JAPW.

I'd love to work Homicide, Low Ki, or Dan Maff. What can I say, I'm a sucker for punishment. As for avoiding - probably guys that have no idea what they are doing out there. Guys that are just there for the paycheck and nothing else.

I would have loved to work Brian Pillman, Owen Hart, Dynamite Kid, Randy Savage and JYD (just for shits and giggles).