TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
strummer

ECW PPV? Roster Switches?

Guest LooneyTune

Cena is a midcarder, and JBL knocking him out isn't screw-job enough? Fine, have The Bashams give him the Doomsday Device too. If thats not enough, maybe Jeff Jarrett can lend Vince the TNA roster to do a mass run in like in all of their main events.

In other news, Vince McMahon donated $100,000,000 to Ted Turner. As much as that sounds like a good idea for something that has nothing to do with WWE, it's still WWE, and the day McMahon does something that big without the name "WWE" in it is the day the earth explodes.

His motivation in helping ROH would pretty much be the same as his reasoning for helping out ECW financially.

First, it would keep TNA or whatever other organization that pops up, away from ROH talent. We've already seen how TNA has treated ROH by wanting exclusive rights to talent that worked both companies. Johnny Ace would have first dibs on whatever talent that would come along in ROH that Vince and company would be interested in for WWE. It's also conceivable that they could save the pace of WWE programming and over-saturation of PPV's by offering the occassional indie PPV.

Second, it would be a place for him to send certain talents in OVW for further seasoning.

Third, it would be another selling point for his 24/7 vehicle. Granted, not a large audience would be drawn in from ROH programming alone but you essentially have to build this up as "the wrestling network" and it's conceivable that you could get certain indies to pretty much sell their souls (and rights to talent) to WWE in return for television exposure.

So, in the end, it would have a lot to do with the future of WWE.

Cena to RAW makes no sense, Orton to Smackdown doesn't either.

The ECW PPV will also be a joke. Not to mention the fact that they will try to pull off 3 PPVs in 4 weeks. It wouldn't surprise me if the ECW PPV got more buys that GAB though...

- Sunday June 5th 2005 ECW PPV (ECW)

- Sunday June 12th 2005 BAD BLOOD (RAW)

- Sunday June 26th 2005 GREAT AMERICAN BASH (SD)

Guest LooneyTune

Vince turned down a similar offer from TNA when they first started, as another Developement Promotion to feed WWE new stars. Of course, Vince hates Jarrett, so that could be a big factor. Plus all the attention ROH got for the RF situation... I don't think Vince wants to have another one of those scandals again. Yes, it happend months ago and RF is gone, but the press love raising hell for celebrities, athletes, and Vince McMahon

Besides, I doubt Vince would want to use most of the people anyway. Apparently, to work WWE you have ti be 6'5" and 300 lbs.

I didn't make it through all the replys, but for some reason I really like the idea of Cena and Orton switching places and taking their respective world titles with them. I demand shit like that to keep the split interesting.

As for the ECW PPV, nice idea if Heyman is given the book, HORRIBLE idea if he's not, and grounds for boycotting the WWE if Stephanie McMahon is involved in any way, shape or form, unless it includes her showing up at the Hammerstein for a patented ECW cat fight with Francine and Beulah!

As for who I'd like to see make one shot appearances:

Joey Styles (If he's not calling it I'm not ordering the show)

Terry Funk

Sandman

Sabu

Super Crazy

Francine

Beulah

Sal E. Graziano

Tommy Rich

whatever Dudleys they can fish up, a reunion w/ Bubba, D-Von and Spike would be a fun segment

Scorpio

Blue Meanie

Steve Corino & Jack Victory

Don Callis

Joel Gertner

Taka Michinoku

Psychosis

Justin Credible

Jerry Lynn, Shane Douglas and Raven (all highly doubtful due to association with TNA)

Obviously all of the E's former ECW mainstays, RVD, Tajiri, Rhyno, Dudley Boyz, Guido, Stevie, Tommy, Lance Storm (give him and Tommy true retirement matches), and it would also be cool to see Jericho, Rey, Eddie and Benoit who got their first major North American buzz from working ECW.

Did I miss anyone?

Guest Ransome
Joey Styles (If he's not calling it I'm not ordering the show)

Enjoy the $30 you'll have to spend on something else in June then, since you ain't gonna be ordering this pay per view....

Probably, but it's not ECW without "OH MY GOD!"

I admire Styles for his anti-WWE stance though, and honestly, as much as this show wouldn't be right without him, I'd probably lose a little respect for him if he came back after how vocal he's been against McMahon.

Guest LooneyTune
Besides, I doubt Vince would want to use most of the people anyway. Apparently, to work WWE you have ti be 6'5" and 300 lbs.

Like Benoit, HBK, Cena, Orton, Eddy to mention just a few?

Orton is 6'3 or 6'4" and is a 3rd Generation Superstar.

I'm talking about people on the roster like...

Gene Snitsky

John Heidenreich

Tyson Tomko

Matt Morgan

Batista

Kane

JBL

The Undertaker

Viscera

For every good wrestler under 6'2", there's either a big fat guy or a giant that will no doubt get a bigger push than him.

Benoit - Floundering around the upper-midcard

Eddy - Shafted down the midcard period

Cena - WWE Homegrown

Orton - Already mentioned and Homegrown too

HBK - He was all they had in 95-96 other than Bret and Diesel. WWE had very few options of people to cycle back then.

Cena to RAW makes no sense, Orton to Smackdown doesn't either.

The ECW PPV will also be a joke. Not to mention the fact that they will try to pull off 3 PPVs in 4 weeks. It wouldn't surprise me if the ECW PPV got more buys that GAB though...

- Sunday June 5th 2005 ECW PPV (ECW)

- Sunday June 12th 2005 BAD BLOOD (RAW)

- Sunday June 26th 2005 GREAT AMERICAN BASH (SD)

It's like back in the late '90's

ECW=ECW

RAW=WWF

SD=WCW

I would chose the WWF PPV over the other two.

Now, I would choose the ECW PPV. I think this a disaster waiting to happen because ECW is dead and if a McMahon helps it will... I don't know.

Taz and Rhino should wrestle though. Why did Rhino get changed to Rhyno?

Guest LooneyTune

Lawsuit. The name "Rhino" is owned by Marvel I think (or some comic company) and McMahon wouldn't want to pay for the name.

Benoit is not what I would call floundering in the upper midcard. He's a central component of the World Title feud going on right now and had a nice 5 month reign as champ including winning in the main event of Wrestlemania. He's actually one of three legitimate superstars that RAW has right now, the others being HHH & HBK.

Also, Eddy didn't get shafted. He couldn't handle the pressure on top. It is unfortunate given his talent, but that's what happened.

Lawsuit. The name "Rhino" is owned by Marvel I think (or some comic company) and McMahon wouldn't want to pay for the name.

Partly. I think he would have done it anyways because he has a history of liking to trademark his wrestlers names, like Road Dogg & Sycho Sid rather than just Road Dog & Psycho Sid.

Guest LooneyTune

By Benoit floundering I mean he really has no set feud. The only people in the entire conflict over the World Title who have a feud going are Orton and HHH. Jericho is even worse off, since he hasn't really done anything that stands out since the feud with Christian/Tomko. The only person Benoit could be having a program with is Edge, but Edge just hates everyone, so it's hard to figure out what the booking team is doing with him.

It should be noted that Eddie's problems with the pressure on top were only part of the reason they put the WWE Title on JBL.

As for Benoit, while he may be a part of the World title picture on Raw, his status, as well as that of everyone else, is tempered by the fact that everyone knows the belt is going back to Hunter, and it's always going to be that way.

I don't think Benoit really suffers from the HHH factor that much. He's pretty much at the point where he can job without losing heat because he is viewed as a top level guy by fans. Where HHH comes in is hurting RAW as a whole because it makes it too predictable, and because we also know that it is only going to be passed onto Orton who is someone that the fans don't buy at all, at least as a face.

It should be noted that Eddie's problems with the pressure on top were only part of the reason they put the WWE Title on JBL.

True. But it was the reason he got depushed and jobbed out to Angle afterwards. Well, that and Angle playing politics.

I don't get the Angle politics part though. After beating Eddie, hes been made out to be Big Show's bitch and he never got his JOB back either. I don't think Angle would want to be booked the way he has been especially if hes supposed to be in the title hunt come early next year.

Guest LooneyTune

Angles politics was to give Luther Reigns a bigger push. Other than that... (shrugs shoulders) Nothing out of the ordinary.

Taz and Rhino should wrestle though. Why did Rhino get changed to Rhyno?

Tazz has a bum neck. Add that on top of not being an active wrestler in years, and I doubt we'll see him in a match (at least nothing past doing a suplex or 2).

Angle played politics by convincing WWE to have the finish to his match with Eddie at Summerslam be Eddie tapping out clean.

What wrong with that? It's better than a belt shot or low blow into a rollup.

True. I never read the official Meltzer take on this situation. Just the comments on the net in relation to it. Was it ever stated that Eddie was indeed planned to go over that night and Kurt changed that outcome? The reason I ask, for all we know, Kurt was planned all along to go over that night but they had his win come in the form of something like a belt shot, a low blow into a rollup or outside assistance. If that was the case, I don't think there is anything wrong with Kurt suggesting that he needs to look strong come into his next set of matches and Eddie should tap. I also think Kurt would rather work with people like Eddie and HBK as opposed to Big Show and Taker to get as many **** matches as he can before he hangs it up (although I do think he possibly sees something in a submission type match with Taker and could be pushing for the Mania match for that reason). He just seems to me like he'd be more about match quality in his backstage politics. Not necessarily him being the champion, etc.

I would be shocked if there was an actual ECW PPV. Seriously, ECW wasn't a McMahon idea, so there is no chance it will happen. And even on the slim chance it does, it will just be a crappy McMahon-ized version of it, a la The 2001 Invasion.

I've been on the fringe for a while now, but I've made the decision:

If they fuck up this ECW PPV and in any way, shape, or form tarnish the name of ECW by putting on a non-authentic show, I quit watching wrestling.

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.

Oh, you're serious.

I've been on the fringe for a while now, but I've made the decision:

If they fuck up this ECW PPV and in any way, shape, or form tarnish the name of ECW by putting on a non-authentic show, I quit watching wrestling.

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.

Oh, you're serious.

I do not think he means the workrate, just he general attitude ECW had. Something WWE cannot recreate, as the authority has a hard time creating an anti-authority image.

Cena needs to go to RAW so he could be able to cut his promos w/o being censored, let Orton stay on RAW and have him feud with Cena. Bring Benoit back to SD and have him beat that untalented JBL at Mania and the problem is solved.

The ECW p.p.v. should be a one night only reunion, let Heyman book the whole thing and either bring back the ECW titles for that night or have the SD title be defended on the main event against the champion and a top ECW guy to make it special..