TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest DVD Spree

How "big" can you get without using roids

Guest DVD Spree

You'll have to excuse me for my absolute ignorance in the field of bodybuilding and steroid use.

What I'd like to know is, since it's kind of a given that everyone in wrestling is a roided freak, exactly how ripped - either in terms of muscle mass, development or simply looking cut - can you get without a needle in the ass, and are there any physiques in the WWE that are a good example of the body naturally getting as big as it can?

Someone like Hogan, or Warrior, even as a kid always struck me as big muscular freaks. But to me, I never thought of someone like Rick Rude as a "big" guy - he was cut to fuck, but he was seriously LEAN. I guess I just used to equate steroid use to muscle mass, but apparently it works as well for cutting as it does for adding mass (this also shatters a belief I used to have that, while Ahh-nold was obviously pumping a lot more than just iron, Stallone was just a naturally-developed dude, simply because he was lean and cut like Rude).

I really just wanted to get an idea of how big someone can get just by lifting weights and eating right. Thanks in advance!

About the only WWE guy in recent times that I could say with total confidence was steroid free would be Lance Storm. While there are probably others in WWE who have been steroid free, he's the only one I'd be willing to bet the farm on on being clean.

As for how big they can make you, it all comes to down to a combination of hard work in the gym and genetics. You can work out 24/7 and shoot yourself full of the best steroids around, but if you're genetics are the shits, you'll not get as big as you might think you would. And it's the same with how big you can without steroids, or other supplements. You can only get as big as you're body is capable of getting, regardless of how hard you work or what you shoot up.

Guest wildpegasus
The Rock. He's 6'5, 245-250 and is probably in the best possibly shape all around.

I'm 6'4, about 225 right now...trying to work out over the next few months to see if I've got a chance of getting in shape to try out wrestling one day.

And I don't think he does steroids.

I always give people the benifit of the doubt but the Rock just as tons of others are is on heavy suspicion street. Don't know what he looks like lately though.

How far you can get depends on genetics, dedication and how smart you go about it because most people do it the wrong way.

Guest DVD Spree
I always give people the benifit of the doubt but the Rock just as tons of others are is on heavy suspicion street. Don't know what he looks like lately though.

Early heel Rock was just huge - he took time out to have the gyno procedure too, which is a common side effect of roidage, so I'm sure he's used them during his beefier days.

Again though, looking at his sleeker, movie-star physique, the dude is just lean and toned, so my instincts tell me he's just eating and lifting right, no vitamins necessary.

There are a lot of different types of roids out there, you have injectable roids like Testosterone that would make you gain muscle while holding a little bit of water, that's were you stack it with steroids like EQ or Winstrol to give you that ripped look. If all you need is to get massive in a matter of weeks then pills like D-bols or Anadrol (which is very potent and toxic) will make you gain muscle with a lot of water and a lot of strength. HGH and insulin (non-anabolics) are very popular with wrestlers too, but they only work if you combine them with steroids. Also genetics, good nutrition and rest are 3 big factors needed to have that bodybuilder look.

I don't think RVD roids (He is extremely flexible, when I've heard roids get your muscles tight as hell) And he probably has one of the biggest LOWER bodies of any wrestler. He has enormous legs. COmpare to HHH who is getting better, but used to have the tiniest legs I'd ever seen. Toothpicks. Anyone who's played sports can tell you that all your power comes from lower body strength.

One I'd be curious about is Scott Norton. He is immensly strong, but you can't really tell, his face hasn't changed at all.

Mark Henry I wonder about. He was an olympic-trained athlete, obviously hugely strong, and they test. And while he's incredibly strong, his frame makes him look like he was meant for it.

One person who looks crazy is Batista. I really enjoy the guy, but he looks so freaky because his frame wasn't meant to carry that much muscle.

Seemed to me that Rock just used roids when he was recovering from injury, which is actually a pretty valid reason for roids, from what I've read.

Guest Dynamite Kido

Well, this IS kind of a stupid subject. There is no way to really gauge how big anyone can get with or without steriods. Everyone is different and I don't think anyone can tell you that. But I must say that the majority these days in on roids for sure. But I will say that there are many people that aren't and are NEVER named for such. I really doubt RVD, JBL, Flair, or Jericho is on them. Well, if Jericho IS on them......he takes brakes in between cycles. RVD never being injured is a clue that he's not on them, and honestly, IMO I don't really see JBL is being on them because of his build. I could be wrong but that's how I see it.....

I'd say for sure Norton and Batista are on the juice. Batista has most of the signs, as well as the fact that he kept tearing his triceps muscle a while ago. Guerrero's on something too. I'd say Benoit might be, or if not, he's just changed something. If you see how he looked in 1994, he looked more puffed up than anything else, and he got more streamlined as time went on. Snitksy is also on the gas.

Yeah, I wouldnt say Jericho ever used them....how about HBK? He did aload of other drugs, but his build doesnt really look as if its been hit by the juice

HBK bulked up quite a bit between leaving The Rockers and becoming The Heartbreak Kid.

Snitsky has the acne on the back that they always say is an indicator. I think it's kind of difficult to assume who is on the juice and who isn't. You'll have your obvious people for sure but sometimes the not so obvious can take you by suprise. For instance, I would have never thought that Rowdy Roddy Piper was on roids. Even when he returned to wrestling and was all cut and in shape (around the time he did They Live) I would've just assumed that he was working out harder because he wasn't freakishly big. But when you look at him from his early WWF days, he had little muscle tone, a belly, etc. I guess he had to use roids just to get to the point of looking good. He probably had difficulty putting weight and muscle mass on. So someone like Matt Hardy could very well be on roids even though he doesn't have the stereotypical 'roid look'.

Lesnar was "clean" and he was pretty jacked.

Lesnar is a big time roid user there's no doubt about that, he even got arrested once b/c he had steroids and HGH with him. RVD and Y2J are not as freaky looking as a Batista or a Snitzky, but they seem to cycle every now and then.

Guest DVD Spree
Well, this IS kind of a stupid subject. There is no way to really gauge how big anyone can get with or without steriods.

Better to look stupid and ask than not to know at all, I guess.

It's not like I want a hard and fast formula for determining how many pounds I would gain with roids compared to without them; just really wanted to figure a rough barometer as to what a natural build looks like.

Lesnar was "clean" and he was pretty jacked.

Lesnar is a big time roid user there's no doubt about that, he even got arrested once b/c he had steroids and HGH with him.

Actually, they turned out to be vitamins or something, and not steroids or HGH.

Guest wildpegasus
Yeah, I wouldnt say Jericho ever used them....how about HBK? He did aload of other drugs, but his build doesnt really look as if its been hit by the juice

HBK bulked up quite a bit between leaving The Rockers and becoming The Heartbreak Kid.

HBK has admitted to taking roids before so that case is closed.

RVD? Also suspicious. That kid grew and I mean that kid grew. Check him out when he wrestled as Robbie V in WCW against Vinnie Vegas. He's a tough one to tell though. Remember, wrestlers have the personalities that take steroids.

The Sandman has taken roids. Would anybody have thought that? Jake the Snake.

There were people out there who didn't think Noble was on the roids. Well, that case is closed too.

RVD? Also suspicious. That kid grew and I mean that kid grew. Check him out when he wrestled as Robbie V in WCW against Vinnie Vegas. He's a tough one to tell though. Remember, wrestlers have the personalities that take steroids.

I dunno. I mean here's a couple of "before" shots, and he still looks pretty big.

There were people out there who didn't think Noble was on the roids. Well, that case is closed too.

I must have missed it where it was confirmed he was on steroids.

Noble got an ass infection, I never read that it was directly related to taking them. In Edge's book, he tells of the time he got an infection in his buttock by landing wrong on a missed legdrop off the top. So it could have been something like that.

I must have missed it where it was confirmed he was on steroids.

Noble got an ass infection, I never read that it was directly related to taking them. In Edge's book, he tells of the time he got an infection in his buttock by landing wrong on a missed legdrop off the top. So it could have been something like that.

It was why he got fired from WWE. When he tried to claim on his medical cover over the infection, he put down that it was from a steroid shot, and because steroids are illegal unless under a doctor's supervision, which this wasn't, and it was in records that a WWE guy was taking them, they had to let him go.

Re: RVD

The pictures don't prove he's on steroids. Those are from...what? 10-12 years ago? After constant lifting for years, if the person doesn't get any bigger whatsoever, then they're not pushing themselves.

Re: RVD

The pictures don't prove he's on steroids. Those are from...what? 10-12 years ago? After constant lifting for years, if the person doesn't get any bigger whatsoever, then they're not pushing themselves.

That was my point. He was a good build back then, so it's not like he needed roids to get the size he is.

Guest Dynamite Kido
Flair admitted to use in his book.

When I mentioned Flair, I meant currently. Also, Flair said in the book that he's used them before. He also says that he never used them for an extended period of time.

Spree, I've taken steroids and I know firsthand how they can change the body. I cycled for about 4 months but I wasn't satisfied with my results and felt that the amount of lifting I did without them was satisfactory enough. Plus, I didn't want to see my heart give out on me at the age of 36. I'm big enough without taking any body enhancement drugs.

I can tell you with full confidence that everyone in the WWE is on the juice or has taken it at some point. Lance Storm might not have taken steroids in his ECW days but when he came to the WWE, about two years into his run, he was bigger and more ripped than he had been in previous years. Meltzer needs to open his eyes after touting Lance as one of the clean guys for the last couple of years. He wasn't.

Mick Foley is another guy Meltzer should stop touting as clean. He might be now but during his WWF days his arms got considerably bigger after he signed with the company. He didn't need steroids for improving his body image, he needed them to increase his slob's strength, or lack thereof, towards being able to lift guys without tearing up his back or dropping them on their heads by being winded from the heavy lifting.

Spike Dudley *might* be the only WWE wrestler to have not taken steroids.

RVD does use steroids since that's the only way he would be able to maintain his build. He has the body that gymnastics can give a guy who trains religiously for but the hellish schedule he has in the WWE would prevent him from keeping his size and tone. That's the nature of the business.

What's more disturbing to me are the women in the WWE and how they mutate into these rock jawed powerhouses after being in the company for a couple years. Trish is the best looking one out of the juiced-up gals but her body is going to go to shit when she hits her 40's (unless she continues juicing).