TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NoCalMike

Ice Cube is the new......

I agree...Ice Cube is actually, honestly a pretty decent actor who has shown some range...sure it's not a wide range, but he's covered comedy, drama and action and has done fairly well...his movies aren't always the best, but he himself usually shines in everything he's in...now Vin Diesel? eh...

Guest Jimmy Saint

I think Ice Cube is a fucking awfull actor. How can anyone say he has range when he plays the same role in every single film he has ever made, the only difference is he is abit angrier in some of them.

The mad thing is I really like alot of the films he has made ie Three Kings, Friday, Trespass, boyz in the Hood and Barbershop. Can Ice Cube carry a film like the new XXX though thats built on the star and not an ensemble ? I doubt it. This is gonna be a major flop.

Can Ice Cube carry a film like the new XXX though thats built on the star and not an ensemble ?

The cast looks half way decent......this movie has to be better than the Ja Rule/DMX Steven Segal movies.

Willem Dafoe

Samuel L. Jackson

Xzybit

Nona M. Gaye

Guest Jimmy Saint
Can Ice Cube carry a film like the new XXX though thats built on the star and not an ensemble ?

The cast looks half way decent......this movie has to be better than the Ja Rule/DMX Steven Segal movies.

Willem Dafoe

Samuel L. Jackson

Xzybit

Nona M. Gaye

Yes after watching that preview it is much more of an ensemble than the first and I thought it would be. I mean Ice Cube doesent even turn up till a minute in and then you start to cringe.

It does look like Willem Dafoe and Samuel L. Jackson are totally phoning this one in though and picking up their [i hope for both their sakes its good] paycheck.

I still think this is gonna flop big time and take a few careers with it.

I actually think this looks a lot better than the first movie. Even if Dafoe is cashing the paycheck I'll take an overacting, paycheck cashing Willem Dafoe over the Eurotrash dipshit who was the heel in the first one. Anyone want to argue that?

I think Ice Cube is a fucking awfull actor. How can anyone say he has range when he plays the same role in every single film he has ever made, the only difference is he is abit angrier in some of them.

Just because someone plays the same role in every movie, doesn't make him a horrible actor. Hell, DeNiro has done the same type of character for the past 300 years. And you don't hear anyone saying he is an awful actor.

Okay, that is a bad comparison. But I can't think of any other actors who play the same role in every movie, that are good actors. Right now. There has to be a few...

Who am I kidding, Ice Cube isn't that good. But hell, what rappers turn actors are any good?

Guest Jimmy Saint
Who am I kidding, Ice Cube isn't that good. But hell, what rappers turn actors are any good?

Tupac was very promising in Gridlocked and makes me wonder to this day if he could have avoided the stupid Hollywood action flicks and made a few decent films if given the right roles.

There could still be hope in Mos Def. I am waiting on the Hollywood 'Hitchhikers Guide to The Galaxy' remake to make a judgement.

Wow, that looks surprisingly good.

The whole "Who said that, Jefferson?" "No TuPac." part had me cracking up.

That part just makes me not want to see it.

no Ice Cube can't carry an entire film on his own, there are a ton of good actors who can't carry an entire film...Morgan Freeman and Bill Paxton are a couple that spring to mind...brilliant actors but their names alone aren't going to carry the flick...

Mole hit it on the head by comparing Oshea Jackson to Robert DeNiro or hell even Al Pacino...rarely do those guys play something other than tough man with a potty mouth and bad attitude...hell even in Meet The Parents, DeNiro played a bad ass...

what I meant by his range is that he obviously can pull off the dramatic roles well: street thug in Boyz In The Hood, very smart yet very angry college student in Higher Learning.

comedy rolls: stoned slacker in Friday, struggling businessman in Barbershop

and pretty much anyone can pull off action roles given the right script, FX and director...Anaconda was shit but he himself was good...Ghosts Of Mars (that was the title right?) was shit but he was good...

what's the problem with Oshea's acting?

Who is Oshea Jackson? Ten bucks says he, if it is even a he since I don't know what gender Oshea belongs too seeing how it is the first time I ever heard such a weird ass name, has a fake nose.

Guest Beingz0wningj00

"Wars come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal"

"I like that, who said it, Jefferson, Patton?"

"No, Tupac."

Heh... I think that echoes the statement I have for this movie. However for the record... comparing Deniro's characters to Ice Cube's is just downright insulting. With Deniro... you can truly believe he's the character he's portraying... Ice Cube is always... Ice Cube. A hardcore nigger who seldom changes. Still very entertaining.

This does indeed look better then the first and I'm sure Dafoe and Jackson can add enough zest to it to make it work. It seems they have enough love for the movie to put some effort into it, and with lines like the Tupac, it does seem they are taking it fairly lightly. I don't think I'll be wasting my time watching it.

Seems like Diesel has something against doing sequels (excluding Riddick)

OT- Deon, got to say I love your banner...though I was always more fond of HBK singing the theme than Sherri.

Guest Big_Jay101

hmmm, I had always thought that Diesel turned down Fast and the Furious 2 for XXX 2.