TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bigm350

Best WWE DVD

Guest bigm350

Out of all the great WWE dvd's produced, which one, in your opinion, is the best. Monday Night Wars? Flair's? Benoit's? Rise and Fall of ECW? Hall of Fame? HBK's from the Vault? Eddy's, etc? I'd like to find out what you guys think.

1.) Ric Flair

2.) Chris Benoit

3.) Eddie Guerrero

4.) Mick Foley (G H & M)

5.) HBK

6.) ECW

7.) MNW

Guest The Shadow Behind You

If we are talking about Speciality DVD's.

It's a tight horse race between

The Ultimate Ric Flair Collection

Cheating Death, Stealing Life

Hard Knocks: The Chris Benoit Story

The Rise and Fall of ECW.

The Hard Knocks and Cheap Pops DVD was good and the Hits and Misses of Mick Foley was better. The Stone Cold Truth was good, Monday Night Wars was okay thought historically flawed. The Cage Match DVD was really good. The HOF was great but only for the ceremony itself, the dvd content was a disapointment. HBK from the Vault was a dissapointment. 619:The Mysterio Story was fun....Hogan's DVD was the dvd that kicked off the great run of DVD's.

The DVD'S are the only thing WWE isn't fucking up.

Guest bigm350

Yeah, I just meant the specialty dvd's. How does the new ECW dvd compare to Flair and Benoit's dvds? I haven't gotten a copy of the ECW dvd yet.

I was going to make a thread about this before, but I will now.

I've got some money and would like to buy one of the WWE DVDs I don't have.

Should I get Best of Confidential, Stone Cold Truth, Hall of Fame, Bloodbath or Backlash 2004?

That's pretty much everything I don't have..except the John Cena DVD.

Guest Mikey2Dope

1.) Ric Flair

2.) Chris Benoit

3.) Mick Foley - Greatest Hits & Misses

4.) ECW

5.) Hulk Still Rules

6.) Eddie Guerrero (Would be higher but the program was way too short)

7.) HBK

8.) Bloodbath

9.) MNW

Worst DVD: nWo Black & White (So much potential but there was just too much WWF footage on there and alot of ignored WCW stuff)

Guest Sturgis
Best of Confidential

Outside of Bulldog/Hart, No.

Hall of Fame

Yes.

Bloodbath

Yes.

Backlash 2004?

Yes.

Guest Ransome

Benoit's DVD: It was so refreshing to watch this and get a complete overview of his entire career, rather than the WWE homogenised DVDs they were putting out back in 2002. I mean, they actually took the effort to put in the NJPW match, the Super J Cup matches and the rare footage of the Benoit-Regal match. For WWE, that's pretty damn good. It would have been *so* easy for them to waste an hour of DVD time by putting Benoit's Rumble win on there (granted, that night belonged to Benoit, but it's already on DVD and eats up so much time) - but they didn't. That's why I feel it's the best DVD they've made up to this point.

Flair's DVD, on the other hand, is also great, but it's not like they pulled out any real suprises in the match selection.

I was going to make a thread about this before, but I will now.

I've got some money and would like to buy one of the WWE DVDs I don't have.

Should I get Best of Confidential, Stone Cold Truth, Hall of Fame, Bloodbath or Backlash 2004?

That's pretty much everything I don't have..except the John Cena DVD.

Get them all, I say. The Best of Confidential also has the Montreal screwjob match IIRC, so that's a must. And the Stone Cold one has the famous botched piledriver match from SummerSlam 97 so that's also essential.

As far as the best DVD so far, I'll say the Benoit DVD. Although as a huge HBK fan I'm still very fond of his DVD. Eddie's DVD is great, specially the main feature but the matches are somewhat lacking IMO.

I'd say that Flair's DVD is the best so far, but here's why. Flair's DVD not only has a feature on the matches, but you can also watch the build. THAT makes Flair's DVD. Foley's lacks because it's just him talking about it, though if you read his books you'll already know what he's going to say. Benoit's DVD is both saved and killed by the alternate commentaries. If there is anything that makes me want Grisham fired, it's his lack of ANY wrestling knowledge before he got hired. I just got the ECW DVD, so I'll give my thoughts on that soon.

The Rise and Fall of ECW was excellent.

Ric Flair's DVD is fab without question, and I can't wait to see what WWE follows it up with (the rumored Horsemen set, or The Ultimate Ric Flair Collection II).

Bloodbath is great, but it would've been perfect had it included the full Tito Santana/Bruno Sammartino vs. Randy Savage/Adrian Adonis cage match from an old Coliseum tape on it somewhere.

Michaels, Benoit, Guerrero, and Foley all have decent sets. The Hulk Hogan set is pretty good from a nostalgia standpoint, even if a lot of the matches are horrendous.

I will agree that the NWO DVD was pretty disappointing, and could have been so much more. I bought it mainly for the BATB '96 six-man. Then again, would anyone would have wanted to sit through about an hour of extra footage detailing the split into NWO Wolfpac and NWO Hollywood, and see how Hogan and Kevin Nash tried to dance around their backstage politics?

Still haven't bought 619, but I plan to. I missed out on a chance to get the last copy of Confidential from Best Buy (for Hart/Bulldog and Montreal). I wanted the Monday Night Wars, but I've held off after I heard quite a few negative reviews about it.

-Ben

Well I`ve seen lots and lots of dvds but to me the best ones had to be:

1.The Rise and Fall of ECW - amazing main feature,though the end of ecw was a bit overlooked.

2.The Benoit DVD - a must have for any benoit fan

3.Flair`s - classic at its purest

Honourable mentiion goes to Hulk Still Rules and Blood Bath:Wrestling`s Most Incredible Steel Cage Matches

Worst dvd i`ve ever seen - nwo : back in black - seriously,too much wwe stuff on it .

If you can find it, check out WWF Unforgiven 2001. A really fun show, with the exception of one match.

It gives a great opening WCW Tag Title 4-way, a Raven/Saturn WCW-ish match (altho heatless), a great RVD/Jericho bout, a pretty stellar Austin/Angle match with a big title change, a funyn Jericho/Stephanie backstage segment, a quick Tajiri/Rhyno US Title change that resembled Rhyno being a monster in ECW, the first Edge/Christian battle, and a decent, altho silly Rock Vs Shane/Booker title match.

Not the BEST DVD...but a really SOLID all around card. Underappreciated.

The ECW DVD is far and a way the best program they have ever put out. Detailed, honest, extensive, nostalgic, rivetting, emotional, etc. I can't reccomend it enough for anyone who had not gotten it yet.

As for the complete package, it's tough to beat Benoit's DVD. Excellent program and a plethora of ****+ matches from companies all around the world.

As for purely the matches, Ric Flair's is a must own, featuring some of the most classic and legendary matches in wrestling history in DVD quality.

The ECW DVD is easily the best, yes, since Flair's DVD doesn't have a career retrospective (main feature) on it.

Eddie's DVD rocks too, with a diverse match selection and a tearful ending (on the phone crying with his wife after beating that fucking pussy Brock to win the title).

Guest LooneyTune

No order, just ones I enjoyed...

1. Ultimate Ric Flair Collection - Nice mainly for all the bonus stuff like build up and interviews for each match. The matches are nothing to sneeze at either.

2. BloodBaths - Mainly because it has Magnum TA vs. Tully Blanchard from Starrcade 85. Still has some good stuff on it.

3. Hard Knocks: The Chris Benoit Story - Already mentioned by others, and a nice retrospect of his career.

4. Hulk Still Rules - Good for the rare matches, but going by work-rate, eh. The DVD that started it all really with the double disc sets of a certain wrestler.

5. Mick Foley's Greatest Hits & Misses - Some good matches on here from WCW and ECW (except the Sandman match), but the WWF matches aren't very interesting seeing as several of them have been on DVD's before.

Flair's DVD would have been flawless had they put a better Flair/Sting match on the DVD.

They put a crappy unification match when they should have put the COTC time limit draw one.

So, I'm going with Benoit's DVD.

Guest Tjhe CyNick

Eddie's is the best that Ive seen. Only ntoeworthy DVD I haven't seen yet is the ECW one, oh and HBK: Boyhood Dream.

Eddie's is the best that Ive seen. Only ntoeworthy DVD I haven't seen yet is the ECW one, oh and HBK: Boyhood Dream.

You're not missing anything with HBK:Boyhood Dream . . it's his Coliseum Vid release from early '97 . . . just clips from his first WWF title run, mostly.

Guest LooneyTune

Yeah, that would be like saying "I think The Undertaker: He Buries Them Alive" is a must get for all fans. A shitty coliseum video with horrible matches. I wish they WERE clipped.

Boyhood Dream is actually not bad at all. There is a decent portion of each featured match on there and they're all quality matches. Shawn had a phenominal run throughout '96, and it is a great insight into this. However, if you're looking for matches from this period, plus more, than go with From The Vault.

UYI

Guest sek69

My favorites so far:

1. Flair's: Just for all the buildup alone, then you add the great matches on top of it and you have the best set that WWE has made so far.

2. Bloodbath: I'm a huge mark for the NWA 80s stuff because thats what got me into wrestling, so this was a great set for me.

3. Hogan's: Yeah this wasn't busting with great matches but historically there was a lot of good stuff. I was really shocked to see the '80 Hogan-Andre match due to how hard they sold WM3 as the first time they ever had a match.

4. HBK From The Vault: This one gets no love, but I think its an extremely underrated DVD. The Rockers vs Rose/Summers AWA bloodbath was one of my favorite matches and that probably bumped it up a notch for me, but I think a lot of people were expecting more stuff about Bret and SS97 (which I think was held back on puropse for an eventual Bret DVD).

5. Eddie: Most WWE DVDs I skim the main program and go right for the matches. With Eddie's, the main program was as good if not better than the matches. One of the highlights of WWE using its library to the fullest.

Honorable Mention goes to Trish's 100% Stratusfaction DVD. I went into it having absolulely ZERO expectations of anything substantial, and I ended up enjoying the main program (and finding out what a wrestling geek Trish is...she's like one of us only with better tits).