TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

This Week In The NBA - Jan 2nd - 8th.

Guest Mindless_Aggression

I'd put Sacto above Minnesota still. The Wolves haven't looked particularly good all year really. The Kings have been consistent with their above average play for the most part.

I'd say Dallas is playing better ball than the Lakers as well, hell better than Minnesota too. Total logjam at the 7 and 8 spots of course.

I'd put Sacto above Minnesota still. The Wolves haven't looked particularly good all year really. The Kings have been consistent with their above average play for the most part.

I'd say Dallas is playing better ball than the Lakers as well, hell better than Minnesota too. Total logjam at the 7 and 8 spots of course.

I KNEW I was forgetting someone. Yeah, I put Dallas ahead of Minnesota and Sacramento and the Lakers and shift everyone else down one.

Minnesota= Sacramento in my eyes right now. Niether is particualry better than the other with their rampant inconsistancy.

So put Dallas at number four and that is my opinion on the thing.

I hate the Knicks.

I don't watch many bad teams, but I have never seen such an inconsisten team in my life. First it was over the course of games. Now its over the course of quarters. We came out flat last night, not really a big suprise, with pathetic D. All of a sudden, mid way through the 3rd quarter, like a on and off switch, the Knicks start playing great D, with JYD, Nazi, and K. Thomas guarding Webb great down low.

Its kinda even in the 4th, but due to some HORRIBLE foul calls, especially the BUTT foul on Nazi, we blow it when Tim Thomas blows a lay up that would have gotten the defict down to 1. On top of that, Sweetney sprains his ankle. I'm starting to seriously hate this team.

Even though the team is a lot better than last year, I had a lot more fun watching them last year when they could actually PLAY defense. Marburys been better on D lately, but hes playing so much this season, I have a feeling hes going to get burnt out. T. Thomas can't play D for his life, neither can Houston. Nazis ok in patches, and Kurt is amazing for the fact hes guarding guys 2-3 inches taller than him every night. I just WISH, and PRAY they could show NY something that could make fans think they have a chance of going anywhere.

I'd put Sacto ahead of Minnesota based simply on the fact that everyone on their team puts forth an effort every night. Cassell takes whole weeks off at this point and Sprewell hasn't done anything all year. Garnett kills Webber, but I'm taking Bibby, Peja and Brad Miller over Cassell, Sprewell and Szczerbiak. On top of that, the Kings are surprisingly 20-9. That's a lot closer to consistent than Minny's 16-13.

I'd be more open to comparing Dallas to the Kings really. They're 20-10 and have played good ball all year outside of a few games where they got nuked or choked in the final quarter, not unlike the Kings.

Guest Vitamin X
I'd say Dallas is playing better ball than the Lakers as well

Well I guess we find out tonight at 8:30pm EST.

Well... that was embarrassing... :(

But, on the bright side, at least the Lakers are losing, and the Timberwolves lost, again. Boy, Garnett has to be ready to snap somebody's neck by now...

Dallas handled LA to no real surprise. Lamar Odom is gonna have to take it upon himself offensively sometimes, 14 points a game just ain't getting it done for that team. And give Luke Walton a lil time here and there, guy can play.

The T-Wolves just got massacred by the Charlotte Bobcats. I wonder if Kevin Garnett cuts himself at night.

Great game on ESPN right now, the Rockets actually look respectable and Phoenix is doing what Phoenix always does. It's equalling a pretty entertaining game, with Dikembe Mutumbo taking the time machine back to 95 for the first half and scoring in double figures as all of Phoenix dunks on his head. I demand more times fire up threes and try to dunk it everytime they move towards the goal.

Guest Vitamin X

I was surprised Dallas played so well. I had no idea they had that kind of talent on their team, to be honest.

Oh well. *throws in the purple and gold towel*

Guest Vitamin X

Hey, they're the same record as the Lakers!

Ha! And only one game better than the Clippers.

Make that 1/2 a game

WOOOOOOO!!!

Clips beat the Blazers 102-98 to take over the 8th seed in the West. 31 for Maggette

Unfortunately their next 8 games are

Suns

Sonics

Sonics

Heat

Kings

Kings

Spurs

Mavericks

so this might be short lived, but I'll take what I can get.

Jesus Fucking Christ, the Clippers got the schedule from hell.

Jermaine Oneal pledged to donate $1000 for every point he scored on Thursday. He ended up scoring 32 but decided not to donate it to the tsunami victims. Instead he donated $55,000 for the 55 he scored on Tuesday.

Second embarrassing loss in three games.

What a fucking letdown; not only do the Kings split a four-game road trip against the absolute basement of the league, but they lose the last game I'm going to get to watch all season... :(

Guest Vitamin X

Make that 1/2 a game

WOOOOOOO!!!

Clips beat the Blazers 102-98 to take over the 8th seed in the West. 31 for Maggette

Unfortunately their next 8 games are

Suns

Sonics

Sonics

Heat

Kings

Kings

Spurs

Mavericks

so this might be short lived, but I'll take what I can get.

:lol:

Second embarrassing loss in three games.

What a fucking letdown; not only do the Kings split a four-game road trip against the absolute basement of the league, but they lose the last game I'm going to get to watch all season... :(

The HORNETS.

Thanks a lot I wanted them to be worse than the record-low 76ers. Can they still pull it off?