TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mole

Alias

Alias premieres tonight at 9 for a 2 hour special.

From ABC.com

In the season premiere episode, Sydney, Vaughn, Jack and Dixon are stunned by CIA Director Hayden Chase's (Angela Bassett) choice to be their new boss. Meanwhile, Sydney and Vaughn's possible reconciliation is surprisingly in doubt -- even though Lauren is dead -- and Sydney learns an appalling secret about Jack that threatens to destroy their relationship. Additionally, against Sydney's vehement objections, her new boss partners her with Jack to hunt down a modern-day samurai; Sydney's half-sister, Nadia, is reluctant to return to the spy game since learning the truth about her father -- Arvin Sloan; and Vaughn and Jack share a surprising bond over Jack's unspeakable past misdeed - much to Sydney's chagrin.

So I've never been into the show before, anything I should know before watching tonight?

ALOT, the whole show is one big constantly changing, evolving storyline...I'd love to get into it all but I'd miss the premier tonight if I did.

But anyway, can't wait, I got into it through Netflix over the summer, watched season 1 and 2, was hooked from the first episode and then immediately got season 3 when it was released...so now I got another show I can watch on a regular basis, woo-hoo, Wednesdays are gonna own with Lost and Alias<and Smallvile too when new episodes start back up>

So I've never been into the show before, anything I should know before watching tonight?

This is from TVGuide.

WHERE WE LEFT: CIA agent Sydney Bristow met half sister Nadia. Later, she fought off her devious aunt Katya, and agent Michael Vaughn killed his treacher spouse. (Mole note: That is Syd's ex fling, if you will) Also, Sydney discovered incriminating papers signed by her dad, Jack.

looing at IMDB, Jeffrey Bell & Drew Goddard have written episodes for this season

Yeah, both of them are working on Alias now.

Goddard also wrote a script for LOST, which is interesting.

Wow, this kinda brings things full circle Sydney starts out working for Sloane's EVIL~! corporation thinking it's the CIA, then she goes to the CIA and becomes a double agent and now she's working for Sloane in the CIA.

I love how they do the whole "72 Hours Earlier" bullshit. It pisses me off, but it makes me wait to see what happens. Good writing.

I know I saw Jeffrey Bell as an EP, but I missed Drew Goddard. I am hoping it is because I turned my head/blinked, but did anyone catch his name?

And I thought Sloan died, for some reason.

What happened with him again?

Right right, thanks.

Ya gotta love ABC for having Garner in that lil outfit RIGHT after LOST ended. People didn't have a chance to change the channel. Most guys who watched LOST, but not Alias, saw Garner in that and decided to watch.

ABC probably told J.J. to write that in. They had to.

Do you think that the reason Derevko wanted Sidney dead was because of the revelations in season four? Do you guys think it's all related to the Rimbaldi subplot? :huh:

Do you think that the reason Derevko wanted Sidney dead was because of the revelations in season four? Do you guys think it's all related to the Rimbaldi subplot? :huh:

What revalations?

I don't remeber the exact details, but I think it had to do with the reason Sidney was abducted and brainwashed in the first place by the Covenant. They discovered through a Rimbaldi artefact that she was destined to prevent Rimbaldi's prophecy from happening. Those that remember last season, feel free to correct or add more deailed information.

Right right, thanks.

Ya gotta love ABC for having Garner in that lil outfit RIGHT after LOST ended. People didn't have a chance to change the channel. Most guys who watched LOST, but not Alias, saw Garner in that and decided to watch.

ABC probably told J.J. to write that in. They had to.

Yeah I had planned on watching anyway, but I have to say (okay I don't have to say anything but..) I can't remember being hooked in so strongly so quickly to a television show ever.

Ok something didn't seem right and I went and checked up on it... They said the paper Sydney found at the end of season 3 revealed Jack killed her mother...I could've sworn they showed what it said clearly so I checked it out and I was right. The paper wasn't about her mother being killed, the paper revealed that Jack had put Sydney in that training program they used to make kids into future agents. I love this show but I hope they didn't just completely change that story around just for a way to write her mother off the show....that would be quite stupid taking away all the impact of the previous season finale.

Ok something didn't seem right and I went and checked up on it... They said the paper Sydney found at the end of season 3 revealed Jack killed her mother...I could've sworn they showed what it said clearly so I checked it out and I was right. The paper wasn't about her mother being killed, the paper revealed that Jack had put Sydney in that training program they used to make kids into future agents. I love this show but I hope they didn't just completely change that story around just for a way to write her mother off the show....that would be quite stupid taking away all the impact of the previous season finale.

But Syd knew that from season 2. I think it was season 2.

Yeah they started the storyline of the kid brainwashing/training thing in season 2, but it was when she found those papers in the season 3 finale that she found out that her father put her in one of them...that was the big cliffhanger.

Yeah they started the storyline of the kid brainwashing/training thing in season 2, but it was when she found those papers in the season 3 finale that she found out that her father put her in one of them...that was the big cliffhanger.

Why we speaking in spoiler mode?

If memory serves me correct, I thought she knew that Jack put her in there. Or was it that WE knew that Jack put her in there, but Syd didn't?

Guest Evolution

Marshall, excellent as usual. I have a feeling that Hurley from Lost and Marshall would be great friends.

And I am all about the Agent Weiss. Weiss trying to mack Syd's sister was just plain awesome. It's too bad Weiss has to play the Will Tippin character this season: "I don't know what's going on but when I find out I'm going to end up tortured and get the shit beat out of me."

Yes.

According to the Rambaldi prophecy, Sydney is the Chosen One and Nadia is the Passenger. Last season, Vaughn told Syd that he found out the Chosen One and the Passenger are destined to have a battle.

I don't think Jack knows this, but when he contacted Irina online and mentioned the Passenger, Derevko immediately signed off and terminated her account. I think Irina knew at some point she would have to sacrifice Sydney to protect Nadia. That moment apparently had come. Jack obviously found out the hit had been arranged, so he had Irina killed, exacting the same kind of closure he encouraged Vaughn to get on Lauren.

I figure that safety deposit box was just Jack's place to keep ultra-secret documents, as evidenced by the 1st document being about Project Christmas. Syd DID know that Jack programmed her. The execution documents were probably behind the first one.

Why are we talking in spoilers? Those seasons already happened.

I like how this season is going slow and hope they limit the "twist of the week." It can get dumb over time.

Guest guerillagenius

So it's about 5 eps in and we still haven't had anything from last season really resolved. What is happening with The Covenant? Where did Sloan and Nadia go at the end of Season 3? This season isn't starting off as well because there isnt a clear enemy, it seems like they're doing random missions.