TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ronnie755

Abyss to WWE?!

Guest Ronnie755

--"Abyss quit TNA last night and your speculation on what that means is correct. He's almost surely WWE-bound. His TNA contract had expired and for some reason it slipped up on people without a renewal. Johnny Swinger also asked for his release. We don't know if he got it or not, as Jeff Jarrett had turned down everyone under contract that had asked for their release up to this point."

Abyss is a better big man than the most recent crop of hosses (Snitsky, Heidenreich). But given that he was Dutch's boy, a good worker for his style, and pretty over, HOW did they let this one slip?

Guest LooneyTune

He's Kane and Mankind rolled into one. And it's a big hoss for HHH and Undertaker to squash respectively.

Guest TroughOfMantaur

WWE would be wise to sign him, but I guarantee he'll be required to get way more cut than he is, which is not at all. I'm actually pretty hyped about TNA's collapse.....Brown will hopefully get picked up and not wasted, A.J. will probably get picked up, but will just be buried for his size. Hopefully AMW can put something back into the tag division, if WWE is still interested in them.

I'll still be upset that Jeff Jarrett had a chance, with some of the talent TNA has/had, and money marks in the Carters, to slowly build a true competitor for Vince, only to flush it away as a vanity project, convinced he was a main eventer even though he never was and never will be. Hopefully with TNA collapsing, the wrestling world will finally be rid of the Jarretts and their group of WCW cast-offs (Borash, Ed Ferrera, Duthty, etc)

Guest LooneyTune

No one will EVER be a competition to WWE unless Ted Turner buys another company, forks over millions of dollars to "stars of the past" and whoever he can lure away with a dangling carrot from WWE, and then put them on his own networks again.

He's Kane and Mankind rolled into one. And it's a big hoss for HHH and Undertaker to squash respectively.

I don't think he is going to look that big compared to the WWE guys.

Guest LooneyTune

Damn :( I wanted Abyss to work somewhere that isn't using JEFF F'N JARRETT as a main eventer. (Of course, he practically runs the company, so...)

Abyss will go nowhere if he can't do a promo........doing the intense flex pose with the chains can only get him to Heat or Velocity. If Abyss does get signed by WWE I give him 5 months before he goes bald for no reason.

Abyss will go nowhere if he can't do a promo........doing the intense flex pose with the chains can only get him to Heat or Velocity. If Abyss does get signed by WWE I give him 5 months before he goes bald for no reason.

If he went, and that's a BIG if, he wouldn't be Abyss, he'd be wrestling under a name similar to his real name.

And WWE probably couldn't give two shits about anyone in TNA. Not that they shouldn't, just that they don't recognize talent if it's not in a HOSS frame.

He re-signed today and everything has apparently been worked out.

Source???

somone who knows someone, that knows someone.... and i consider them to be legit...

Abyss is so out of shape, he can go move-for-move with AJ Styles and NOT get winded (unlike a good chunk of the WWE main event scene).

Just because somebody doesn't have the body of a Greek God doesn't mean that they're out of shape.

As for Abyss staying in TNA...fine. I just hope that Jarrett understands he needs to PUSH the guy, now. Ditto Kid Kash. Ditto Christopher Daniels. Ditto Ron Killings, Chris Sabin, Johnny Devine...

Source???

somone who knows someone, that knows someone.... and i consider them to be legit...

Well FUCK ME. I'm never doubting you again.

Source???

Well FUCK ME. I'm never doubting you again.

Yeah, I know it sounds bad but that's really the only way I can refer to my source without said source getting pissed off (or in trouble). They've only been wrong once so I consider them to be reputable source.

Guest Desperate Housewife

That's pathetic. If I didn't know you guys, I'd say you were trying to make apologies for the Jarrett's shoddy business and desperately trying to convince yourself that the WWE hasn't got one up on TNA.

Tough shit. And I really hope Abyss enjoys gawping at the lights for Undertaker

Has anyone else noticed that there hasn't been a single source cited in this thread?

Guest Catcher8C

If he is WWE bound, he will be jobbed out quickly a VKM's way of showing how much better WWE superstars are.

It would almost become a running joke among bookers, because there is no way they would let this guy get over in WWE. They will give him a decent paycheck and job him every week on Heat or RAW. Essentially, it will be Vince's way of burying TNA as competition and saying that he is better than you.

Guest TDinDC1112
Has anyone else noticed that there hasn't been a single source cited in this thread?

Meltzer and pwinsider.com

However, the guy who knows the guy who knows justcoz says it isn't true, so that sounds more repuatable than the above sources, so let's go with him.

Guest Catcher8C

Also, how stupid is it for TNA to let someone like this go? There must be some fucking retards running that company if they can't remember when contracts are up.

Guest LooneyTune

Vince doesn't see TNA as competiton. He's probably not too happy with that stupid "Balloons and Cookies" thing with Abyss at Universal Studios, but he wouldn't bury someone because he worked for an Independent Promotion. That's like saying Vince is burying Paul London because he worked for Ring of Honor.

"Abyss looks too second-rate" will be the real excuse for his non-push if he ever went to WWE... and he REALLY needs to stop that fucking pose he does 5 times a match where he does some flexing.

Guest The Decadent Slacker

I could see, possibly, Vince trying to make Abyss into a star who never got the chance to break out in another company, like he did with Taker, Hall, Nash, etc. That'd be the best way to fuck with TNA if he so desired. But i don't see that happening.

Also, how stupid is it for TNA to let someone like this go? There must be some fucking retards running that company if they can't remember when contracts are up.

muppets.jpg

I could see Vince not having a clue about anyone in NWATNA till he saw the cookie footage and thought "Hmmmm...who's that big chap ?".