TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iliketurtles

Michaels/Angle staredown in Japan

Angle vs HBK for the WWE Title and Orton vs Rock for the World Title would actually be pretty awesome, and probably the best two title matches both brands offer at this point. Trips vs Batista doesn't need the title to be a good feud. Rock coming back just to be in a Mania title match is kind of lame, but he would probably be the most over guy on either roster.

Guest LooneyTune

The WWE In Your House PPV's were originally $14.95. I think in the spring of '96 they changed tyo $19.95, and the finally the normal price when they became 3 hours in September '97.

Back on the Eddie/Rock idea, I think it's terrible. The two have terrible chemistry together, and Rock's mic skills always make Eddie look like shit.

Are you insane or just stupid? WHEN on EARTH have Rock and Eddie had the chance to work with each other? I recall a really fun TV match in 2002 but THAT IS IT. Any other matches they may have happened would have been 3 minute TV specials. Please don't show such stupidity again.

Oh, and BTW, the Rock/Eddie segment to set up the match was great. Eddie was playing a different character to the one he's playing now, which is why he was made fun of. Eddie would hold his own if he cut similar promos to the ones he cut on Brock last year.

I really do believe that Eddie is one of the few guys who could be cheered over Rock. We wouldn't know until it happened, of course, but I believe that would be the case. Have Rock as a face, and the crowd will favour Eddie. Hell Rock may be cheered over Eddie, though.

What purpose would Rock vs JBL serve? What would Rock going over JBL do for anyone?

That's the match I was talking about. The whole show was great, and then Eddie's stupid caricature of a character just looked retarded against Rock's well-developed interesting character. I was really into the show and then their stupid promo almost made me change the channel.

I'm sure that the actual match would be fine, as the original TV match was pretty good if I remember right, but the fans wouldn't care about the match at all going in, and it would definitely "serve no purpose."

Meanwhile, JBL's only redeeming quality is his heel heat. What better gift to the fans for the biggest show of the year, then to just let him lose to someone with more face heat than any regular on either roster. If the title's on the line against Cena or someone, it will be too predictable because the heel always loses at Wrestlemania, but Rock/JBL will be a fun match that could go either way.

Also, JBL doesn't really have the status to main event Wrestlemania right now, even if he has held the title for a while, but a feud with Rock would make sure that he didn't drop too far after losing the belt, and end up like Jericho with a ticket straight to midcard hell after losing the title.

Meltzer is still saying Taker vs. Angle is penciled in for Mania while 1wrestling (Styles, specifically) says it will in fact be Angle vs. HBK.

Whatever it is, we'll know after the Rumble.

*Spoilers* Huge Interpromotional Match To Take Place At WrestleMania 21

Date Added: January 21, 2005

Story By: Keith Wilcutt

Thanks to 1wrestling.com for the following:

Sources are now indicating that "one" of the Main Event's for WWE Wrestlemania 21 this year will be an inter-promotional match between Kurt Angle & Shawn Michaels. There should be more details coming out on this in the near future.

As Cawthon commented for any of those who want to know.

"The latest talk regarding WrestleMania 21 is Triple H defending the World Heavyweight Title against Batista. There are also plans for a “legend vs. legend killer” interbrand match with Undertaker vs. Randy Orton."

Credit: Pro Wrestling Torch Newsletter

Ooh, Orton/Undertaker. Never thought of that.

EDIT: The best rub anyone can get at this point is probably being the one to beat Undertaker at Wrestlemania, if you think about it.

Ooh, Orton/Undertaker. Never thought of that.

EDIT: The best rub anyone can get at this point is probably being the one to beat Undertaker at Wrestlemania, if you think about it.

I wouldn't put money on this since they haven't pushed him as the "Legend Killer" for months.

It makes no sense for Orton to put Taker over, and I doubt Taker would put Orton over.

Plus, someone would have to turn heel for it to work.

They're doing Taker / Kane vs. Snitsky / Heidenreich at the 2 house show "super shows" in Anchorage in Hololulu.

That may be a preview to one of the interpromotional matches at WrestleMania.

I don't get why they would tease this match in Japan and at SSeries and never follow up on it.

As soon as Kurt said "I'd make him tap in SECONDS," I marked out because that all but guranteed it to occur at WM. I mean, it is one of the last dream matches that can happen.

And the Hoss Tag Match? Well, I like the idea because it would kill off both of those less-than-stellar feuds in one match.

AJ Styles vs. JBL for the WWE title after winning the Royal Rumble in his first WWE appearance might help create some buzz. It's just another crap shoot at this point anyways for them. The Rock doesn't appear like he'll be a viable worker for the show so the company better come up with something else, fast.

Guest cosbywasmurdered

JBL Vs Chyna

Waltman interferes to begin the Waltman/Chyna era.

Guest Hass of Pain

Yeah, I just heard that too. I seem to be in the minority in not particularly caring about Edge or his feud with Michaels, so I'm happy they're doing this at Wrestlemania. I really didn't want to see Taker/Angle either, so this should be a pretty solid use of both guys.

Guest Rrrsh

Right when the Edge/HBK match was made for the Rumble, I am pretty sure everyone just assumed that.

Thank you god. I now have something to look forward to at Mania. Now...(in this order)...

JBL vs. Cena (US Title)

Eddie vs. Booker

Orton vs. Taker

Benoit/Jericho vs. Edge/Christian

Batista vs. HHH (Heavyweight Title)

Angle vs. HBK (WWE Title)

Throw in Foley, Austin, Rock...I could live with that. I think it would be kind of cool if they brought back the King of the Ring tournament and threw it in at Wrestlemania. Definately a way to elevate new guys in one night, on an even bigger stage than it originally was.

Guest Tjhe CyNick
Yeah, I just heard that too. I seem to be in the minority in not particularly caring about Edge or his feud with Michaels, so I'm happy they're doing this at Wrestlemania. I really didn't want to see Taker/Angle either, so this should be a pretty solid use of both guys.

I think it'll be a great match. But whats the point? What will it accomplish? I'd much rather see both of them put over guys who need a rub.

I think it'll be a great match.  But whats the point?  What will it accomplish?

You kind of answered your question before you asked it. I'd much rather see HBK vs. Angle than somerandomnewguythey'veshoveddownourthroat vs. HBK with Michaels jobbing. Ditto with Angle.

The only person that seemingly benefits is Christian, unless the match isn't treated as a throwaway match. And if it happened, it would be.

I don't think it would be...it would be an awesome tag match that's never happened, and you finally put E&C back together which is what people want. All four guys have no direction going into Mania and you could easily get a program going by having Edge lose to Shawn at the Rumble and Christian losing in the Rumble quickly. You could have both guys want to get back together to be successful as they have in the past. And the history is already there with Christian/Jericho. And Benoit/Jericho as a tag team.

Guest The Shadow Behind You

If you must put Jericho and Benoit in a meaningless tag team match; might as well do CanadianViolenceConnection Vs Latino Express.

If you must put Jericho and Benoit in a meaningless tag team match; might as well do CanadianViolenceConnection Vs Latino Express.

Meh. Don't get me wrong, that'd be awesome. But I really want to see Rey/Eddie.

Guest The Shadow Behind You

well yes; the first 20 matches didn't do enough right?

That's been done billions of times. CVC Vs LXP is fresh~!.

I wouldn't mind though two pairs of singles matches; but I had a idea where Bischoff and Long can have a best of three series where the winning brand gets the first draft pick.

So if they must INSIST on having JBL/Cena; it's a perfect way to set up Angle/Shawn.

I'd just have Angle Vs Shawn, CVC Vs LXP and a 24 Man Battle Royal (12 from each brand).