TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest wildpegasus

Benoit vs Jericho

Guest wildpegasus

As Kermit from Kung Fu, THe Legend Continues would say -- "Oh, Yeah."

Since there's going to be a lot of talk about this, I thought we should have its own thread discussing this. Where are the WWE going with this? Is this match just going to happen as a one time only thing? Will Benoit and Jericho have a rematch in Japan, at the RUmble or Mania? Will Benoit and Jericho end up winning the tag titles once again? Will someone turn heel? WIll they both stay face? How will the crowd heat be next week? WIll this be a MOTY candidate?

Discuss!!

I'm just going to watch to enjoy the match...it's easily the only appealing thing next week on Raw. And considering it's in Toronto, crowd will be into it.

If something comes out of it, cool. If not, just have a good finish...that's all I ask.

Guest wildpegasus
It will be a straight singles match to entertain the crowd, and nothing will come of it.

There.

Perhaps, but what do they have for Benoit and Jericho afterwards? Maybe some tag work?

Next week is Toronto, right? There was also an advertisement on TSN tonight for a Benoit/Jericho/Michaels? vs Evolution match after the cameras are off. Benoit and Jericho are going to have a tough night.

If we're just going to have a fun match of the week for every week, than I want Benoit vs Regal the next week!

It won't have a good finish if they're setting them up for a feud, which is a possibility because the WWE has nothing for them. It'll be like Jericho cheating and Benoit going "What the hell?!" and Jericho going "Chris, you had your time in the sun last year. You have nothing to prove. I need to win the Royal Rumble so I can live the Wrestlemania dream" and Benoit goes "What the hell?!" and they'll be fighting and hating each other for such a silly reason and it'll be touted as a "heated confrontation" and the crowd won't really get into it in its later stages and it will just get blown off where a heel Jericho will go over a face Benoit and Benoit will die alone.

Fuck.

I get to see Jericho/Benoit live and Jericho will both go and get cheered over Benoit.

But, God willing, I'll see a Pillowfight. Love live the Queen of the Extreme Pillowfight.

Oh well I'll look forward to it anyways

Guest JMA

This should be a great match. Hopefully Benoit and Jericho will be given a lot of time to just go out there and do their thing.

Holy Shit. That just sunk in.

Benoit's fucked.

You didn't pick that up during RAW when he was struggling to survive against Tyson Tomko and Christian?

Holy Shit.  That just sunk in.

Benoit's fucked.

You didn't pick that up during RAW when he was struggling to survive against Tyson Tomko and Christian?

To be fair, the story there was that Jericho and Benoit were supposed to be still beat up from the match last night.

Benoit's fucked.

To be fair, the story there was that Jericho and Benoit were supposed to be still beat up from the match last night.

Just the fact that Jericho and Benoit were fighting two guys who they had no previous interaction with for no reason suggests to me that I shouldn't be too excited about what plans they might have in store for them in the near future.

Guest The Shadow Behind You

15 minutes after the announcment; Rudo's already planning Benoit's Funeral services.

as for the match; I expect a 15 minute clinic with Jericho winning clean and after that; Benoit goes "Good job Chris. You got me" and Jericho shrugs it off "well yeah of course i beat you" in his quasi sarcastic tone. Benoit makes his "WTF You just say?!?" face and Jericho backs up and goes "Man, I was playing. Look we got a match tonight against Le Resistance, we win this, we get a tag title shot. let's do this". Jericho fucks up and Le Rez wins over them.

Rumble...Jericho eliminates Benoit and claims "hey...business nothing personal". and it leads to jericho full heel against Benoit where Benoit wins nothing but "pride".

Guest wildpegasus
Can't even do a thread about how good a Jericho vs Benoit match will be in Canada without turning it into a "Benoit's getting screwed" thread.

And what would the smartmarks do without that? It's notsgolia now baby. We can't live without it.

WP -- Who doesn't think Benoit was treated poorly at all tonight in the ring and I'm one of the biggest "Benoit is getting screwed" fans there are.

It's probably just going to be a Royal Rumble qualifying match. Hopefully it won't be a NC so somebody like Hassan can't ruin it.

Benoit's fucked.

I don't mind Benoit taking a beating. It's part of what I like about him - he made Tomko and Christians offense look credible and sold really well. However, I think Jericho would have been a better face-in-peril than Benoit. Benoit does better on the hot tags rolling over the heels, and Jericho is more of a fan favourite so the crowd would get behind his beatdown more.

With Anglesault gone, someone has to fill the role of doomsayer. I do good work. Don't get me wrong, I'm fucking stoked to see them wrestle live, but I'm smart enough not to get my hopes up at a **** match, or anything close to their previous encounters.

Guest wildpegasus

Benoit's fucked.

I don't mind Benoit taking a beating. It's part of what I like about him - he made Tomko and Christians offense look credible and sold really well. However, I think Jericho would have been a better face-in-peril than Benoit. Benoit does better on the hot tags rolling over the heels, and Jericho is more of a fan favourite so the crowd would get behind his beatdown more.

With Anglesault gone, someone has to fill the role of doomsayer. I do good work. Don't get me wrong, I'm fucking stoked to see them wrestle live, but I'm smart enough not to get my hopes up at a **** match, or anything close to their previous encounters.

RRR, I fully hope you're going to have your best workrate boots on in Toronto. I'm expecting something truly special to happen with the crowd on Monday.

About the match -- I think we're going to be in for a treat on Monday. We should be able to tell next week by the way match goes wether or not they're setting up for future stuff. I don't know how they're going to be able to pull off the ending though.

Guest Loss

More than another Benoit/Jericho feud culminating at WM, I'd like to see a Benoit/Jericho v Eddy/Rey interpromotional match. But that would overshadow the main event so much that I don't know that they'd allow it to happen, or that they'd give it the time it deserves.

Guest Loss

Also, Rudo, take comfort in the fact that in a match with Chris Jericho, it will always be Jericho who gets screwed over, not his opponent. That's law #142A of the WWE universe. So Benoit should be fine.

Guest wildpegasus
More than another Benoit/Jericho feud culminating at WM, I'd like to see a Benoit/Jericho v Eddy/Rey interpromotional match. But that would overshadow the main event so much that I don't know that they'd allow it to happen, or that they'd give it the time it deserves.

That'd be a sweet match. How are Eddie and Rey doing as a team on Smackdown? I haven't seen that show in a long time.

I take no comfort in that, Loss. That means Benoit isn't good enough to beat Jericho in some way.

It's going to be tough with the crowd. It'll be hard to rebound off the tremendous Florida crowd. We'll have to step it up. Take it to another level.