TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vern Gagne

Seat Belts

Use of Seat Belts  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Use of Seat Belts

• First thing I do when get in the car
    • After i'm on the road I usually put it on.
    • If I remember to I will.but not a huge concern
    • Only when I'm riding with someone who wants me to wear one.
    • No way, it messes up my cool threads

Considering I was very nearly killed in a wreck 8 years ago and only survived because I had my seat belt on, I never go anywhere without it on.

I used to never wear them at all, but it's funny--the girl I was dating at the time of my wreck got me in the habit of wearing them. Her logic was along the "what if something happens" line...

Turns out she was right.

Guest netslob

first thing i do...it's either that or pay $50 fine handed down by our "oh-so-caring" Nazi government. i speak from experience.

I never wear a seat belt. I just don't like it. It's not really unconfortable or anything, but I'd rather not wear one. I think the fact that I, legally, am supposed to do such a small, personal thing like that really bothers me and I subconsiously challenge authority in that tiny way.

I never wear a seat belt. I just don't like it. It's not really unconfortable or anything, but I'd rather not wear one. I think the fact that I, legally, am supposed to do such a small, personal thing like that really bothers me and I subconsiously challenge authority in that tiny way.

One of these days, you're going to get very friendly with your windshield.

Guest netslob

excellent point, tekcop. to paraphrase Bill Maher:

"Where does the government get off limiting the ways i can hurt myself?"

i don't WANT to wear it, i shouldn't HAVE to wear it, and i shouldn't have to pay a fine if i DON'T wear it. but, you can't fight city hall. free country my fat, hairy ass.

Guest netslob
One of these days, you're going to get very friendly with your windshield.

may be, but it's his choice, not anyone else's. ideally, anyway.

i, for one, am perfectly willing to take that risk. it's MY life, i hold it in MY hands. and if i do get hurt, it's my own damn fault, i'll deal with the consequences. nobody else.

Guest cosbywasmurdered

the people that get injured when you get thrown through your windsheild and land on them might have an issue.

Guest netslob

well, if that happens, they can deal with it too. it hasn't, it won't, since i HAVE to wear the damn thing, so the likelyhood (sp?) of it happening is marginal at best.

cute sig, btw. i think i've finally found a tattoo i can live with. :D

I never understood why more cars couldn't be like my Aunts where the seatbelt is hooked to the door, and when the door shuts the seatbelt automatically hooks around you. I guess car companies are getting payoffs from the local governments not to do that so they can keep on writting tickets...

Guest netslob
Not only that but in some states if the passenger is an asshole like yourself and doesn't buckle up the driver can get the ticket.

i already knew that.

and why am i an asshole, sir?

I never understood why more cars couldn't be like my Aunts where the seatbelt is hooked to the door, and when the door shuts the seatbelt automatically hooks around you. I guess car companies are getting payoffs from the local governments not to do that so they can keep on writting tickets...

it wouldn't surprise me.

Guest Salacious Crumb
"Where does the government get off limiting the ways i can hurt myself?"

Because if some fucker goes through his windshield and dies I would forever have to live with the thought that they died in an accident that happened with me. Even if it was because someone's too lazy to wear it it still effects other people believe it or not.

As for me. I won't even start the car until the passenger is buckled up. I don't let anyone ride in my car without their seat belt on.

I used to despise them as a kid, but now I don't feel right unless I've got it on. My girlfriend doesn't wear them half of the time because she insists she's too short for them, which I think is idiotic, considering how she drives. That and her car makes a beeping noise every couple of minutes when she's not wearing it, so I'm pretty insistent that she put it on, if not for her own life then for my sanity.

I forget to wear it in my work truck, which is usually pretty bad news, considering I use my laptop while driving sometimes, as well as talk on the phone.

In my (well, my mom's car) or my gal's car, I wear it, because it's habit.

I wear it, doesn't bother me. And I still make my passengers wear it.

I still feel like those that don't want to wear it shouldn't have to wear them though. And yes, I've had family members in car accidents.

One who was lucky he wasn't wearing his seatbelt according to the police officer.

Car Accident is a 50/50 crapshoot as far as I'm concerned. You either live or you die, the type of wreck has more to do with your fate than the belt.

You are not sticking it to the man by refusing to wear a seat belt. The government also wants to force you not to drink paint. You show them who's boss.

It's too petty to care about.

In my experience they usually don't even give you the ticket if you put it on and don't act like a dick about it. Netslob does tend to act like a dick now and again, so I'm not surprised in his case.

Guest Sturgis
the people that get injured when you get thrown through your windsheild and land on them might have an issue.

So your saying my fat ass is gonna go flying though the winsheld? Despite the fact that my belly would hit the steering wheel and my head would hit the roof or visor?

Those motors are extremely prone to failure and if they do then you don't have the mandated three-point harness for a front seat, only a lap belt. That's why.

Guest The Shadow Behind You

I've seen people over 300lbs fly through windshields before. Your weight is irrelevant to the veloticty of which you were going prior to the accident.

As for myself; I always wear it. I mean seriously, it's hardly a nuisence and eventually it's going to make itself useful. What i hate though is Airbags. They more often kill you or fuck you up worst then save your life. It's not the cushy fluffy pillowly thing it makes itself look like on the advertisements, Its like a sheet of concrete smacking into your chest/head at max speed.