TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Frankie Williams

A special match

The Rock apparently wanted to face Sting at WrestleMania this year since it would be a "special match," but it now looks like he won't work the show at all. Vince McMahon and WWE seem to be sending The Rock a message that they don't need him anymore and are thus not even attempting to negotiate a new contract extention with him. At this point, The Rock isn't expected to work WrestleMania unless the two sides are able to do a 180 and work out new terms.

Jim Ross recently calling Shelton Benjamin's corner splash the "Stinger Splash" is likely being done as a shot at The Rock regarding this situation.

Credit: PWTorch.com

I wonder if Sting knew about this.

Guest Duncan Eternia

How is JR calling Benjamin's a "stinger splash" a shot at the Rock??? It's not like Rock has been around much since Benjamin started using it on a steady basis. JR makes a lot of references to older names for moves - "Harley Race knee" for example.

Guest Korgath

In an ign interview, Shelton himself claims to have been a big fan of Sting and modelled many of his moves on the former WCW Champ. The Stinger Splash is meant to be a homage, not an inside joke at the Rock.

Needless to say, the Torch is apparently desperate for news again.

It's odd that WWE would want to sever ties with The Rock like that, considering he's their big link to the mainstream media.

I hope they find some way to get Sting at WM though.

Guest TheLastBoyscout

I have nothing to add except that if you don't like Sting; you suck.

And I really don't see the basis of JR calling it a Stinger Splash being a shot at the Rock. Like Duncan said, JR references alot of things like the previosly mentioned Harley Race high knee, the Dynamite Kid like flying headbutts and snap suplex and I'm sure there's more but I'm sick and can't think a whole lot.

Booker's corner sunset flip was always credited as a Brisco move by JR. And of course, the Anderson spinebuster for HHH and Batista (even thought B's is executedly differently)

And of course, the Anderson spinebuster for HHH and Batista (even thought B's is executedly differently)

Does anybody do the Anderson Spinebuster (With a 180 pivot, IIRC) on a normal basis?

Back to the topic, the Torch is pretty delusional with the theories if they associate Stinger Splash with a rib towards The Rock.

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave
And of course, the Anderson spinebuster for HHH and Batista (even thought B's is executedly differently)

Does anybody do the Anderson Spinebuster (With a 180 pivot, IIRC) on a normal basis?

Rhyno.

And I really don't see the basis of JR calling it a Stinger Splash being a shot at the Rock. Like Duncan said, JR references alot of things like the previosly mentioned Harley Race high knee, the Dynamite Kid like flying headbutts and snap suplex and I'm sure there's more but I'm sick and can't think a whole lot.

Molly's Muta Elbow