TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Giuseppe Zangara

Things that annoy the shit out of you

-people that hate Joy Division because they think "Love Will Tear Us Apart" is a pussy song.

I've never encountered one of these.

Speaking of Joy Divison... people who don't like music because it's got "crappy 80's drum production" on it. My friend refuses to like Disintegration because of this. Hell, some of Floyd's best albums had some pretty lame drum production. It doesn't matter as long as the music's good.

While overproduced 80s drums irk me a bit, they don't keep me from enjoying an album. Both Disintegration and Master of Puppets are guilty of this problem but are still tremendous albums.

Indeed. Irking is one thing. Deciding whether or not I like an album is another.

Guest Nobody

sidenote here: yes brian - he IS a vocal deity :)

Can't wait for the next Fantomas album...

Someone told me that Dimebag Darrell had no talent and was useless.

Yeah that pissed me off just a bit.

Guest Loss

People who call all pop "shitty music" when the problem isn't the genre, but rather that it's been too long since any good pop music has come out. My favorite people who make these claims are Evanescence and Avril Lavigne fans, since they do the same type of top 40 music, only in different clothes.

People who buy a CD because of one song they like on the radio, then only listen to that song over and over and don't listen to the rest of the CD at all.

People who never really talk much about music with female vocalists. Too many talented women in music don't really get the credit they deserve.

People who assign themselves to one genre too much. I can listen to Aphex Twin, Metallica and Madonna in one sitting and enjoy them all.

People who don't like Prince because he's too feminine and he sometimes sings in falsetto.

People who think Lenny Kravitz is the new Hendrix.

People who think Britney Spears is the new Madonna.

People who like modern Sarah McLachlan, but think she sucked before Surfacing. I think *that* one may take top honors.

Guest Nobody

Nothing annoys the shit out of me.

Because something can only annoy you if you let it. Yes people, we do have control over our own feelings.

Nothing annoys the shit out of me.

Because something can only annoy you if you let it. Yes people, we do have control over our own feelings.

someone ban this fucknut, cuz they are full of shit

i totally agree with Loss about people buying a CD for the one hit, I know people like that nad they have no real music taste or else don't really listen to music

At least buy the single. Or those hits collections.

A good thing about people like that is that when they get tired of the one song, I can usually get them to give me the cd for nothing.

People who overlook the classic records and fun music made by KISS from 1974-1978 and dismiss them for being about nothing but makeup, theatrics, bombs and pyro. I'll put Strutter, Love Her All I Can, C'mon and Love Me, Christine Sixteen, Mr. Speed and the entire Ace Frehley solo album right next to anything dubbed "classic rock" from that generation and state that it sounds better and has withstood the test of time rather nicely. Great musicians? Fuck no. Good enough to make some decent tunes, that's all. Of course the band will always be known for the makeup, partly due to Gene being a money grubbing whore and marketing himself like he's Mickey Mouse, but don't tell me the music was never there. They wouldn't have lasted 31 years without some good tunes. 13 of those years being without the makeup. They did produce a lot of SUCK, with Paul wanting to ride every trend that came along in the 80's, but the music was still an important part of the package.

Rap Core:

Rap Core is a hybrid, fusing Metal guitars with Hip Hop style lyrics. Originally, most acts took their cue from Run DMC, who pioneered Rap/Rock fusion with tracks like "Rock Box" and later "Walk This Way," and AC/DC whose power chord riffage Run DMC, were sampling.

AC/DC did Walk This Way?

Guest Mindless_Aggression

Of course they did, although I prefer their later hit "Walk Like An Egyptian". God AC/DC knew how to write songs about walking.

People who overlook the classic records and fun music made by KISS from 1974-1978 and dismiss them for being about nothing but makeup, theatrics, bombs and pyro. I'll put Strutter, Love Her All I Can, C'mon and Love Me, Christine Sixteen, Mr. Speed and the entire Ace Frehley solo album right next to anything dubbed "classic rock" from that generation and state that it sounds better and has withstood the test of time rather nicely. Great musicians? Fuck no. Good enough to make some decent tunes, that's all. Of course the band will always be known for the makeup, partly due to Gene being a money grubbing whore and marketing himself like he's Mickey Mouse, but don't tell me the music was never there. They wouldn't have lasted 31 years without some good tunes. 13 of those years being without the makeup. They did produce a lot of SUCK, with Paul wanting to ride every trend that came along in the 80's, but the music was still an important part of the package.

I couldn't agree more, I could give a fuck less about the make up, bottom line is KISS produced a lot of good tunes. My favorites include Love Gun, Detroit Rock City, Hard Luck Woman, Heaven's On Fire, and the late 90's rock track, Psycho Cirkus. I agree, they weren't great musicians but they did produce a lot of good tracks and a lot of theiri influence on later metal bands is overlooked. I don't think there was a metal fan in the 70's and early 80's who didn't like KISS.