TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Karnage

WWE Wrestlemania 21

IGN, Gamespot and a few other sites have started posting alot of screenshots, information and videos of Wrestlemania 21. From what is available so far, what do you guys all think of it so far?

Guest TheDon

So far it looks better than Smackdown Vrs. Raw. I have watched every video so far for this game. If the story mode and the wresting is good in this game I will most likely buy it. Plus they are finally using custom theme music.

I really do want to get excited about it but since the best wrestling game for X-Box is LOW2, I'm gonna hold back until a few sites have reviewed the final version.

Here's praying Royal Rumbles/Battle Royals will allow for more than 4 in the ring at once. I doubt it, but I'm hoping.

I'm pretty sure it will only be four in a ring at a time :P You'd think the big systems would be able to do at least 8 at once by now...seeing how Fire Prowrestling D on Dreamcast had _8_ in the ring at once, with no real slow down. Of course that is 2D, but still...

Raw 2 drove me nuts that you can have a 6-Pack Challenge but only 4 at a time for a RR. Same for LOW2 . . . you could do a 8-Man Survivor Series match but only 4 at a time for a battle royal. Oy.

I'd give my right eye for 8 guys at a time . . . not literally though.

RAW 2 was fun...I thought the engine was pretty decent...the AI sucked completely though. The story mode was fun for a while as well, but it drove me nuts when I'd be feuding with someone, and then my character would be working with them in the next scene, or something stupid like that.

I really do want to get excited about it but since the best wrestling game for X-Box is LOW2

Yeah, it's pretty sad how LOW2 is the best wrestling game on XBOX by default. But then again, look at the other choices: Raw 1/2, LOW1, Showdown and Backyard 1/2.

Yeah, it's not as if LOW2 is bad but the way the X-Box was promoted as the most powerful gaming machine on the universe, the wrestling genre has produced lackluster games at best.

Showdown would have been great if not for the bugs that ruin an otherwise very fun game.

Royal Rumble for Dreamcast had 9 in the ring at once.

wwfroyalrumble_b5_screen005.jpg

Oh, amd WMXXI looks pretty cool.

Yeah, but wouldn't 4 or 5 of them come in and attack you at random, and then just leave?

Where can you find the pics and videos of WMXXI?

Yeah but aside from The Royal Rumble match there wasnt to much else in the game, I dont even think they had a career mode or create a wrestler.

Royal Rumble on DC sucked, though. The movesets were very limited, adn I think all the guys were the same size. That is probably why you could have that many on-screen at once. I never played the DC version, but it was basically a direct port of the arcade game, which I did play once, and it blew.

Wow! Look at how many of those superstars are gone now:

D'Lo Brown

X-Pac

The Godfather

Steve Austin

Mankind

Rikishi

The only ones left are Kurt Angle and Matt Hardy, and he's injured and out for awhile.

Look at how many of those superstars are gone now:

D'Lo Brown

X-Pac

The Godfather

Steve Austin

Mankind

Rikishi

The only ones left are Kurt Angle and Matt Hardy, and he's injured and out for awhile.

...What's your point? I believe he was just pointing out how it had 9 superstars at a time.

Unless, you were just pointing that out for the heck of it, and not in actual response to his post. And even then...the game was like 5 years ago. ;)

Royal Rumble on DC sucked, though. The movesets were very limited, adn I think all the guys were the same size. That is probably why you could have that many on-screen at once. I never played the DC version, but it was basically a direct port of the arcade game, which I did play once, and it blew.

It was okay, worth the couple bucks I paid for it. It's very similar to the early SD games that were around at that time. It was an arcade game made to sap quarters, after all. It was never supposed to be anything more.

So naturally it didn't have CAW or career.

Look at how many of those superstars are gone now:

D'Lo Brown

X-Pac

The Godfather

Steve Austin

Mankind

Rikishi

...What's your point? I believe he was just pointing out how it had 9 superstars at a time.

Unless, you were just pointing that out for the heck of it, and not in actual response to his post. And even then...the game was like 5 years ago. ;)

I was just pointing it out.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Raw 2 was HORRIBLE. I hated everything about it other than the create a superstar option, especially the entrances. That was the only thing that came out of it. Everything else was shit.

Career mode was such a waste of my time...I played it so much, despite it being retarded. I gave up on the game in like my 3rd or 4th season when I was trying to become Undisputed Champion and I had a match vs. Eddie Guerrero at Wrestlemania. Trish Stratus, for some reason, ran in, match turned into a double countout or some stupid shit, and SHE WON BOTH BELTS. I couldn't believe and I haven't played the game sense...that was like a good 6 months ago, if not longer.

I've lost faith in the XBox and WWE, but if they CAN JUST TAKE THE FREAKIN NO MERCY CONTROL SYSTEM AND MAKE IT WORK, then I'll buy it. Seriously, jesus christ. It pisses me off they can't get the gameplay correct.

This is the one game I am really looking forward to after my Christmas haul and getting the Punisher. Although, as a new owner of the X-Box, I don't hate RAW 2 as much as others. Sure, it's no Smackdown, but I mark out for any game where I can make an overly gay wrestler prancing out in pink fog to the Backstreet Boys and being announced as "The Super Cowboy". Just how awesome that entrance turned out was worth my 20 bucks alone.

I thought the Raw 2 season was pretty decent, the only issues I had was the retarded AI who would run in to interfere in your match and hated you but would attack your oppoent thats how retarted the AI was in that game, the fact that the computer played your wrestler if someone played the season mode when you were not playing the game and you could just loose the titles you owned just so quick, and also the fact that the working up the ladder system it had DID NOT WORK. For example myself and a few friends were playing and my friend was at a 100 points and couldn't get himself a title shot and i was at 85 points or something and I got one, it was funny but pist them all off and they ended up jumping my CAW and then watching me get pinned by a retarted AI controlled Hogan, yes he did the leg sweep and pin cheap move. The season mode was on the right track but Yukes just fucked the rest of the game up once they got the concept of the season mode together. Oh and one more thing I hate about the game is the fact if you slapped on 3 submission moves on the person you were wrestling, they tap.

I Pre-ordered the game today. All I ask for is a smarter AI, a good CAW that doesn't focus on the enterance so much, and good controls. Thats all I ask...WHY THE HELL IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK!? Ok I'm done.

I've become addicted to RAW 2 on my friend's X-Box. We only just do Royal Rumbles and we somehow spent 3-4 hours straight doing them.

Is there a way to eliminate people other then throwing them into the corner or against the ropes? And anyone know how to counter it when someone grapples you, chops you hard and then sends you into the ropes?

Oh and LOW2 was the most unintentionally hilarious game ever. Me and my friends developed so many in jokes from that game

I don't know about LOW2, but in Showdown, the gameplay has a ridiculous amount of horrible glitches, but it's still fun to play because of the legends and the awesome survivor and 4 team tag matches.