TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
spman

2005 WWE Draft

Now that the direction going towards Wrestlemania is pretty clear, let's discuss possibilities for the next draft (assuming there is one. Here's a list of guys I think would likely benefit from changing shows

RAW:

Orton

Snitsky

Jericho

Michaels

Smackdown:

Cena

Angle

Heidenreich

Charlie Haas

Now assuming Cena wins the belt at WM, he's not going anywhere, so perhaps a JBL switch to RAW? They can also use this as an oppertunity to do something with the anemic tag team division as well. Anyone else have better ideas?

Guest The Shadow Behind You

The draft; after last year's success would indicate that it's a annual tradition now.

It's tremendously needed.

Is this theoretically, because I dont think there will be another draft for another year

Yeah, this is totally theoretical, but what makes you say that? A yearly draft to shuffle up the rosters and create new match possibilities is logical. JBL is bascially squashed all his competition on Smackdown, and Cena's list of potential opponents include what, Angle? I don't think Cena vs Carlito will sell out any areans either. Same thing on RAW, what heels are there for a face Batista to fight for the title? Triple H? Flair? Exactly.

Smackdown needs help, so it makes sense that they win the deal. Taker is better on a live show. RVD never belonged on Smackdown in the first place. Carlito's storyline either needs to end with either him or Long leaving Smackdown, and I want Long to stay, so Carlito has to go. Kenzo has been turned into a joke. A change of scenery might help him.

Jericho has jobbed to the entire RAW roster so many times, that he desperately needs to get away. Benoit came over for the big Wrestlemania match, and then ran out of things to do after he lost the title. He fits in better with Angle & Guerrero on Smackdown. Hurricane belongs in the CW Division. I could see Tajiri being subbed for Orton, as he also belongs in the CW Division, but he had his shot last year, whereas we haven't seen Hurricane as anything more than a jobber for years. The Orton experiment flopped. Now he desperately needs to get away from the rest of Evolution and rebuild his image.

Why not send Triple H to Smackdown! this time?

Last time was gold, and it worked, and then they fucked it up.

That's what killed Smackdown! in my honest opinion.

Guest Billy White Shoes

Although they raided Smackdown last year with Edge, Benoit (not at the lottery but around that time), Booker/Duds for HHH, and Shelton, it would be a big mistake to shuffle JBL to Raw. Like HHH on Raw, Smackdown has more or less been built around JBL as champion. Unless in return they'd get HHH (yea right) keep JBL on Smackdown.

Orton should be a lock to go to Smackdown in the lottery. He's hit a wall in his career right now but if he goes blue and turns heel it would revitalize a once very promising career. He could then fued with Cena for the WWE title which could culminate in a huge showdown at Summerslam. Smackdown still wouldn't be the A show, but it would give it a 'new generation' sort of feel with two wrestlers in their 20s being the top draw.

Also, send Snitsky to Smackdown or Heidenreich to Raw and establish them as a dominant tag force, something we haven't seen on either brand for a long time. Have them destroy La Resistance or Bashams and keep the belts for a few months.

Smackdown can build around someone else(Cena, Angle). If JBL is going to be the main figurehead of Smackdown, they might as well just go ahead and cancel the fucking thing right now.

The draft would be perfect to bring back Brock in. Have Bischof or whoever dig into the lottery mixing thing and just pull his name. He could really sell it with a shocked expression before announcing his name.

Because Triple H will never agree to going ot SD!

You're right.

And Vince is to pussy to stand up to Hunter.

Well, poor Vinne can't stand up at all right now.

From Raw to SD:

HBK

Jericho

Simon Dean (tweak the gimmick)

Val Venis

Stevie Richards

From SD to Raw:

Haas

London

Puder

Rey

Jackie

YES!!!!

To Smackdown:

Jericho: (It's the only thing that can save his career.)

Edge: (He can win the WWE title, JBL already shit on it, Edge would be better.)

Christian: (Unless he's gonna main event on RAW send him over, he can win some US Titles...I'd also like to see a Edge, Christian, Angle reunion.)

Shawn Michaels: (Let him give the rub to SD guys.)

Hurricane: (He's not doing anything anyways...let him be a cruiser..again.)

To RAW

Eddie Guerrero: (Fresh Main Eventer on RAW.)

Renee Dupree: (Let him win some IC titles and revive the mid-card stables.)

Funaki: (He could do something with Tajiri, maybe get Taka, reform Kai-en-tai, haha.)

Rey Mysterio: (Raw needs some fresh mid-carders, and Rey doesn't wanna be a cruiser anymore.)

Big Show: (who cares, he can fued with Val Venis..as long as Val goes over...clean.)

YES!!!!

To Smackdown:

Jericho: (It's the only thing that can save his career.)

Edge: (He can win the WWE title, JBL already shit on it, Edge would be better.)

Christian: (Unless he's gonna main event on RAW send him over, he can win some US Titles...I'd also like to see a Edge, Christian, Angle reunion.)

Shawn Michaels: (Let him give the rub to SD guys.)

Hurricane: (He's not doing anything anyways...let him be a cruiser..again.)

To RAW

Eddie Guerrero: (Fresh Main Eventer on RAW.)

Renee Dupree: (Let him win some IC titles and revive the mid-card stables.)

Funaki: (He could do something with Tajiri, maybe get Taka, reform Kai-en-tai, haha.)

Rey Mysterio: (Raw needs some fresh mid-carders, and Rey doesn't wanna be a cruiser anymore.)

Big Show: (who cares, he can fued with Val Venis..as long as Val goes over...clean.)

I pretty much go along with all your picks. They sure as hell make sense to me except for Funaki. I'd rather see someone else, maybe Haas, get a fresh start on RAW. Oh, and I guess I wouldn't put Dupree back on RAW either. I'd rather switch someone that didn't get switched last year.

Send Hurricane and Tajiri both back to Smackdown. They really don't belong on Raw, sure Hurricane's gimmick fits......sorta but they'd be so much better off on Smackdown again. I also say send over HBK, Christian, Edge,Steven Richards, and Jericho just to freshen up Smackdown and send Haas, Big Show, Jackie, and Hardcore Holly over to Raw.

Guest Loss

Jericho definitely needs a move. I wouldn't suggest Michaels moving unless he's willing to turn heel, because an Eddy program would catch fire if he would. Last year, they drafted people no one cared about and this year, I'm hoping they'll actually draft people who are a little more established. Orton and Cena are set to switch brands at this point, according to Meltzer.

I'd exchange one or two lower-tier guys, one or two mid-carders, and one or two main-eventers.

From RAW to Smackdown: Helms (drop the Hurricane and re-invent Sugar Shane Helms), Venis, Rhyno, Christian, HBK, and HHH.

From Smackdown to RAW: Orlando Jordan, Kenzo, Haas, Mysterio, and JBL.

I think it'd be kind of neat to switch the champions of each brand in a one-for-one swap. Yes, HHH's ego will never allow it, but it'd make for good TV and certainly shake up the rosters.

From RAW to SD:

Jericho

Edge

Shawn Michaels

Eugene and Regal

Christian

Christy Hemme

From SD to RAW:

Eddie Guerrero

JBL

Bashams

Orlando Jordan

Amy Weber

Carlito

Eddie can turn heel when he's traded. Then have Batista vs. Eddie and something like Carlito vs. Orton

I would love to see Eddy go to RAW. He and HHH had what I felt was a very good match during the draft show after WMXX last year. I'd like to see what he could do with the other main eventers on RAW. If Cena isnt going to win the Smackdown title at Mania, then send him to RAW. His character is more suited for cable TV anyways. Angle should definitely head to RAW as well. I'd love to see he and Benoit in a few more matches together. Afterall, even though the matches between the 2 were done to death from 2002-2003, they havent had a match in a while, and it would be good to see again. I would say send HBK, Edge, Jericho, and HHH to Smackdown. That would give each show a fairly efficient shake-up.

To SD!:

HHH (let he and Taker go at to see who jobs first)

Orton

Jericho

Flair

Hurricane

To Raw:

Angle

Eddy

Cena

Booker

RVD

I really only watch Raw so I'm just moving guys I like onto the show and I guys I'm sick of off. And can we please get some tag teams on either show?