TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Michrome

Destination X

I'm not really interested in the upcoming PPV since I've seen Daniels-Styles a zillion times on the indies, but the one night X tourney sounds like a neat way to have some good matches and create some feuds.

Guys certainly in it:

AJ Styles

Chris Daniels

Chris Sabin

Petey Williams

Elix Skipper

Potential additions:

Sonjay Dutt

Amazing Red

Frankie Kazarian

Michael Shane

Alex Shelley (HA!)

New mexican replacement for Garza

Some sort of Japanese junior star

Frankly, if they could lock up Shocker, Ultimo Guerrero, or Bucanero for a night it would be enough for me to buy it. Throw in Dutt and one of the heels and you could have a very good tournament worth buying.

Just pick any random ROH scramble match, and start throwing rocks at the ring til you pegged eight skinny guys. (In fact, that'd probably be more entertaining than whatever TNA ends up putting on the PPV.)

Frankly, if they could lock up Shocker, Ultimo Guerrero, or Bucanero for a night it would be enough for me to buy it.

Are those guys EMLL or AAA? I can never remember. And does Shocker actually have a finisher aside from his arsenal of shots to the groin?

Anyways, stick LA Park in there instead of Garza. Japanese guy... too expensive - it cuts into the budget for Nash's hair dye. Just find Ryan Sakoda and have him job in the first round.

Never been a fan of Amazing Red. Dutt can be a better spot machine, I think.

Anyways, other guys:

- Spanky, if you can get him

- Jamie Noble/Howard/whatever he calls himself now

- Another member of Team Canada (Devine?)

- The guy who does the 630 (can't remember his name right now. It must be Thursday)

Shark Boy anyone? ... He's a decent talent.. and he's over with the crowd.

I doubt the Amazing Red or Sonjay would work the show.. maybe L.A Park... but I could definately see Shane and Kazarian getting onto the show.

They should bring in Chance Beckett, L.A Park, and Shark Boy.. that'd be alright:).

if TNA Runs a X Cup Tournament.. 3 hours long.. I'm pretty sure the matches will all be lengthy.. unless they run like a 16 man tournament:-/ I see a good 8 man Tournament.. and maybe toss in a quick World Title Squash... like Jeff Jarrett d. Kevin Nash in 4 minutes.. and maybe toss in AMW vs Team Canada for the Tag Titles again. or Team Canada vs AMW vs Kazarian and Shane vs Kash and Da.. Hoyt.. in tag title battle royal or something.

Styles, Sabin, Daniels, Dutt, Williams, Skipper...

...and then my own preferred additions of:

-Kid Kash (can work the spots to make sense, and can be the heel powerhouse in the tourney)

-KENTA (BRING HIM THE FUCK IN ALREADY)

-Frankie Kazarian (not a fan, but the guy can go with the proper opponent)

-Johnny Devine (best member of Team Canada)

-LowKi (why not bring him in for ONE NIGHT?! It would pop the crowd BIG TIME)

-Nosawa (just so he can be murdered by LowKi and/or Daniels)

-Eddie Edwards (NE indy worker, destined to be a big name on the indies)

-Matt Sydal (heard nothing but good things, and want to see him work)

-Jeff Hardy (so Kash can prove how much better he is than Jeff)

-"Mr. X" Pierre Carl Oulette (PACKAGE PILEDRIVER TO KAZARIAN~!!~)

-Jeff Hardy (so Kash can prove how much better he is than Jeff)

Hardy's so deteriorated it's not funny. Remember when people thought that he was better than Matt? Seems so long ago, eh?

If they fly in Nosawa it should be for more than as just a Job Boy. Shit like that is what helped kill WCW.

Are those guys EMLL or AAA? I can never remember. And does Shocker actually have a finisher aside from his arsenal of shots to the groin?

Rudos who cheat to win only do that move or unmask the opponets but he can do the Big Boot and various types of submissions. I wont be surprised if someone like Charley Manson or Latin Lover or Vampiro were to become the replacement for Hector Garza.

If they fly in Nosawa it should be for more than as just a Job Boy. Shit like that is what helped kill WCW.

Doesn't Nosawa actually LIVE in the States, though? I remember hearing about him living in Tennessee, which is why TNA always used him as a Japanese wrestler when they needed one.

Plus, that's all Nosawa's good for: getting the shit kicked out of him. He sucks in every other category.

I remember hearing about him living in Tennessee

If he does, it's news to me, since he's never worked on any of the indy shows around here that I know of.

Guest WordLife

Styles

Sabin

Daniels

Skipper

Williams

And then.....

Kid Kash

Shark Boy

Chris Candido(or Michael Shane or Kazarian)

I would hope they wouldn't bring in KENTA. If he had to job to someone like Sabin, Skipper, Williams, or Styles, it'd be a very sad day. Plus, nobody in the audience would know who the hell he is unless TNA got a hold of some of his NOAH footage.

Well, with the rumors of a WWE/NOAH deal (check out the WWE folder, Raw Is Japan spoilers), it probably won't even happen.

I think it would be imaginable to have KENTA against, say, Dutt or Skipper in the first round and win, and then lose in the semi's to a more established star (Sabin, Daniels, Styles). It's not like the live crowd wouldn't eat it all up, either, as KENTA fucking rules.

I'd have it be a 12 man tournament with these guys (opening rounds are all 3 way matches) and basically I would consider having the X division title on the line here as an extra incentive, or at most, bring back the X Cup that Sabin originally won back in 03.

Styles

Daniels

Skipper

Williams

Sabin

LA Park

Spanky

Noble

Japan talent like perhaps Liger?

British talent - McGuiness?

Candido

Kash

Also would probably have a tag title match with AMW v. Shane/Kazarian & think about having a King of the Mountain match for the NWA title with Jarrett v. 5 others or perhaps a gauntlet for the gold match with some of the non- x division guys, but limit it to only the top 10 guys that deserve title shots.

If they did a King of the Mountain match:

Jarrett v. DDP v. Brown v. Nash v. Raven v. Killings

If Gauntlet for the gold

Jarrett

DDP

Brown

Nash

Hall or Waltman (if he's coming in)

Raven

Rhodes

Hardy

Abyss

Killings

I'd have it be a 12 man tournament with these guys (opening rounds are all 3 way matches) and basically I would consider having the X division title on the line here as an extra incentive, or at most, bring back the X Cup that Sabin originally won back in 03.

Styles

Daniels

Skipper

Williams

Sabin

LA Park

Spanky

Noble

Japan talent like perhaps Liger?

British talent - McGuiness?

Candido

Kash

Also would probably have a tag title match with AMW v. Shane/Kazarian & think about having a King of the Mountain match for the NWA title with Jarrett v. 5 others or perhaps a gauntlet for the gold match with some of the non- x division guys, but limit it to only the top 10 guys that deserve title shots.

I like your list, but I'd replace Styles with Sonjay if they can bring him back and have it be for an X-Title shot at the next PPV rather than the belt just because I don't want them to vacate the belt. I hated it when they did it after the Styles/Kazarian/Shane UX match. I'd dying to see a full-time feud between AMW and Shane/Kazarian though, so I'd definitely be there for that. The King of the Mountain match always makes me think of the Deadly Draw match 2 weeks earlier. The concept was a nice twist on the four way and the match was one of my fav. heayweight matches since TNA started. The only problem with them doing that in this case is that it automatically puts babyface heat on the champion since he is guaranteed to start out first, so maybe the KotM match would be a better fit. But knowing the way TNA thinks, they'll probably try to turn JJ before he drops the belt anyway.

Agreed about not making it for the title. Although I'd keep Styles in there with the twist being if he wins it, he gets to pick who to be his next challenger for his belt (if he retains against Daniels this Sunday that is) as it would be hard and maybe not smart to fit an X title match on the ppv seperately.

Anyway the winner would face the champ at the next ppv, and to take it a step further I would bring back the 3 stages of hell concept they did a few times with Styles-DLo and Styles-Lynn for the next ppv for the X title.