TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Trivia247

Hassan vs Slaughter

Guest Trivia247

I'm surprised no one mentioned History with Slaughter when the match was going on. Sorta accepted him coming out and blah blah

If they had nothing better for Mark to do, he could have really laid into Slaughter on how he turned his back, not on the US 14 years ago, but turned his back on Hussan when Slaughter became a face again after his long feud with Hogan. could have gone into a long diatribe that Slaughter at one time understood how "harmful" the US is to the world blah blah blah bullshit bullshit, Slaughter makes a trademark reply calling him a puke and so forth, and the two actually feud over it.

in case people on here weren't even born at the time (Man im getting old)

11.jpg

thats what Im talking about..

Again this is if they can't find anything better for him to do.

Oh yeah. Slaughter has always been an amazing bumper, but lots of people have never been able to look past his fat-old-man-ness and see that.

I was very disappointed that Sarge didn't call Hassan a maggot.

Step 3: Spit on a legend.

He should totally spit on the Iron Shiek. Call him a traitor to his people by participating in an angle with Mick Foley.

Then that can lead us to

step 4: Beating up Mick Foley and pinning him in a hardcore match

Isn't the Iron Shiek dead?

Original Sheik, yes. The one related to Sabu.

The Iron Sheik, no.

WWE tries to avoid mentioned that angle or the circumstances from it, though. You'll sometimes see Hogan in vid packages legdropping and pinning Slaughter, but that's about it.

Slaughter bumped like a madman in that match, and hell, he even lost considerable weight! But, too predictable of a match though.

Bringing up the past would probably force them to prolong the feud which I think they just wanted a one off match for. Plus, I bet more than half the hollywood writers don't even know about Slaughter's past in regards to 1991. Hassan beating up on ol' Sheiky would be funny as hell as I'm sure a lot of casual fans can see Hassan is a modern day Iron Sheik.

Step 3:  Spit on a legend.

He should totally spit on the Iron Shiek. Call him a traitor to his people by participating in an angle with Mick Foley.

Then that can lead us to

step 4: Beating up Mick Foley and pinning him in a hardcore match

Step 4: I f that doesn't work call the Rock and still push him down the fans throats until they start liking him for better or for worse.

Step 5: He finally gets semi-over as a heel and management turns him face because they feel that they have the next Austin or Rock.

If Sabu was healthy, WWE should bring him in to feud with Hassan, Sabu doesn't have to speak to get his point across. I'd book it like this

Hassan and his manager are in the ring talking about how America has turned their back on them and blah blah, yakity smackity, and the lights go out, when the lights come back on Sabu is in the ring, in ring gear with his turban on and doing his pose. Hassan and his manager act surprise and start prasieing Sabu, Hassan goes to shake Sabu's hand but Sabu doesn't go for it. So instead Hassan just competely turns around and starts bashing Sabu for destorying his body to please the American Wrestling fan, Hassan starts to get in Sabu's face and Sabu just smacks the living piss outta him. Hassan looks up at Sabu in shock since Hassan should be a bit hunched over from the slap and Sabu just starts punching the crap outta him. Hassan's manager jumps on Sabu's back and Sabu throws the guy off, as Hassan backs away up the ramp. Sabu corners Hassan's manager and takes out his spike from his boot and just starts craving up Hassan's manager while Hassan looks in shock from the top of the ramp. Then after Sabu finishes, Sabu poses then Raw goes to commerical.

I was thinking maybe Sabu could put the manager through the table, but that'd be a bit much.

Slaughter bumped like a madman in that match, and hell, he even lost considerable weight! But, too predictable of a match though.

Wrestlemania 7? Most underrated Mania main event ever.

they did a thing on the Slaughter angle during the Wrestlemania All Day Long show before WM 2000, and it's on the WM2000 bonus disc, too.

God, that DVD has slipped through my fingers so many times. Got to be the rarest WWE release ever.

Am I the only one that doesn't get the "irony' in them not mentioning the Sgt Slaughter is a turncout angle from over a decade ago?

Wrestlemania 7? Most underrated Mania main event ever.

Agree with you on that. Sarge vs Hogan always gets put under the table when talking about WM. It wasn't like the traditional Hogan match. And sarge bumped well throughout it and it had great visuals like Hogan bleeding and in the camel clutch and sarge draping the iraqi falg over hogan which pissed him off enough to hulk up.

Sure the angle was a little distasteful, but the crowd ate it up.

and WWE doesnt like us to remember history so thats why no mention was made on monday. JR still forgets about austin beating him up in oklahoma.

sarge did look in geat shape on raw!!!

anyhow another example is his match with kurt angle on smackdown i think in early 2000. He bumped like a madman there as well and helped to make angle look credible.

sarge is not afraid to step into the ring and make someone else look good

undertaker are you listening?

Am I the only one that doesn't get the "irony' in them not mentioning the Sgt Slaughter is a turncout angle from over a decade ago?

Not the only one. If anything I guess it would be just sad if they did, since the average wrestling fan probably can't tell the difference between an 'Arab' and an 'Iraqi'..

As for any sort of distaste in Sarge's old angle.. I say PFFT to that. Does no one remember Col. Debeers??? Or Fritz Von Erich the Nazi?

Not the only one. If anything I guess it would be just sad if they did, since the average wrestling fan probably can't tell the difference between an 'Arab' and an 'Iraqi'..

As for any sort of distaste in Sarge's old angle.. I say PFFT to that. Does no one remember Col. Debeers??? Or Fritz Von Erich the Nazi?

thats what I meant, there have always been racist characterization in wrestling.

how about saba simba?

they did a thing on the Slaughter angle during the Wrestlemania All Day Long show before WM 2000, and it's on the WM2000 bonus disc, too.

God, that DVD has slipped through my fingers so many times. Got to be the rarest WWE release ever.

I know I wish I had bought it too. I actually bought the vhs version back in 2000 since I didnt have a dvd player at the time. shoudl have just bought the dvd. If I only had a time machine (hey I would go back and buy a bunch of these dvds and come back now and sell them for loads more lol)

Guest Trivia247

thats what I meant, there have always been racist characterization in wrestling.

how about saba simba?

Akeem rules the African Racism stereotype since, he wasn't even black yet acted in all the stereotypical manner of a big massive guy trying to talk jive with his skinny little Detroit pimp looking Manager

Slick was the man back in the day, his little rap video and theme that they made up for him was gold.

The best Nazi in wrestling connection is Baron Von Raschke still goose-stepping before applying his Iron Claw ... WHILE HE WAS A FACE! Because NOTHING gets the fans on their feet and cheering more than imitating a Nazi stomp.

Guest Trivia247

The best Nazi in wrestling connection is Baron Von Raschke still goose-stepping before applying his Iron Claw ... WHILE HE WAS A FACE! Because NOTHING gets the fans on their feet and cheering more than imitating a Nazi stomp.

which made the german fans all happy when JBL did that on the apron when they did that euro tour

which made the german fans all happy when JBL did that on the apron when they did that euro tour

What the hell point are you trying to make here?

Guest Trivia247

What the hell point are you trying to make here?

one that needs no explaination to someone I wasn't replying to mr sensitive

but since one needs to be hyper, I was just making the observation that just as Col DeBeers and the Baron did that stuff in their gimmicks, JBL also did it just to get a rise out of the German crowd, I was being quite sarcastic about it since it was obvious he got mad heel heat over it.

So gee I guess that what I was Scandalistically implying...

Your forgetting this is the WWE. They don't mention stuff like that.