TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Trivia247

More info on the ECW ppv

Guest Trivia247

And during one of the Lame Water downed Hardcore matches between WWE wrestlers not ECW allum...

Down through the Stands Stumbles Axl and Ian Rotten, with Taipei garbed fists and a Barbwire bat bloodying each other, then turning on the pansys in the ring and beating them senseless...

until they are banned from maryland, when they aren't even in there

Guest Phenom
It should be New Jack vs Maven vs Bob Holly in a cage death match.

Geez man, Maven doesn't deserve to die.

Maybe not but I'm sure it would start a "He's Hard-core, he's hard-core" chant from the crowd :)

The chants would be "You Fucked Up" or "Holy Shit".

The complete chants (care of Wikipedia), with their possiblity of being on One Night Only:

E-C-W! (Given)

Fuck New York! (Unlikly, as it's in NY)

He's hardcore! (Possible)

Holy shit! (Definatly)

Oh my god! (No as likley)

Philly sucks dick! (Most definatly)

Show your tits! (Possible, if there are women wrestling)

Sit the fuck down! (N/A)

You fat fuck! (Depends on the card)

You fuck sheep! (Impossible, unless Amish Roadkill is in the show)

You fucked up! (Probable)

You sold out! (Yes)

Guest jumpingbombangel

If anything else, this PPV will definitely remind everyone that money has the loudest and most persuasive voice in pro-wrestling.

Chronicle the stories that have come out since ECW went out of business...shoot interviews and stories that made Paul E look like the world's biggest jagoff...and yet there are still people willing and even proud to associate themselves with his brainchild because of the money that can still be made.

Then there's Vince McMahon and the WWE office angling to get former ECW talent for this one PPV...and some of the names already being thrown around are names who've gone on the record saying they hate Vince and everything he's done to wrestling, yet it's a possibility they may show up (at least for the paycheck).

So even if the PPV is a failure, it at least showed us once again what has the real say-so and last word in the business.

Maybe not but I'm sure it would start a "He's Hard-core, he's hard-core" chant from the crowd :)

The complete chants (care of Wikipedia), with their possiblity of being on One Night Only:

E-C-W! (Given)

Holy shit! (Definatly)

Sit the fuck down! (N/A)

You sold out! (Yes)

Your list is not complete without:

"Let's Get Pizza" during FBI matches

"You're a Crack Whore" usually for Francine but for WWE it could apply to any non wrestling Diva or Lita.

Guest Trivia247

E-C-W! (Given)

Holy shit! (Definatly)

Sit the fuck down! (N/A)

You sold out! (Yes)

Your list is not complete without:

"Let's Get Pizza" during FBI matches

"You're a Crack Whore" usually for Francine but for WWE it could apply to any non wrestling Diva or Lita.

Don't forget whenever someone took a Ball show or Low Blow, the Crowd would Chant something High pitched, I could never make it out from the tapes..

Sadly enough one thing we won't see is the Thousands of people in the stands doing the Wave as the Hundreds did in the ECW arena whenever the Public Enemy's music come on and they come out. I thought that was an awesome sight to catch.

Guest Trivia247
If RVD isn't on this PPV, who exactly will give two shits about it? I'd just cancel the damn thing, hell it was HIS idea wasn't it?

Yeah because ECW just didn't exist for 4 years before he Graced their presence.

oye

RVD is not the MAIN reason people paid for ECW, unless you are just talking about 2001 and/or the TNA era of ECW. ECW was IMO, at it's best from about mid 1995 right up to when Raven left. That was entirely before RVD became a big name in ECW, and he was in the midcard, having entertaining matches of course, but he wasn't the focal point at all.

RVD was ECW's main draw from about the middle of '98 up until the company's closing. Though RVD shared drawing duties with Taz and Sabu until mid 99 or so. After Taz dropped the title, and Sabu quit, it was all Van Dam.

I'll order the show is the card is good. Oh, fuck, I'll order the show anyway, just because of how big a bloody mark I am for ECW.

A lot of people (most notably Scott Keith) have said ECW died the day Benoit, Malenko, and Guerrero left for WCW, but it actually picked up steam after they departed. Their peak (creative wise) was from Fall of 95 to the summer of 97. When Raven left, that's when it started to go downhill.

The workrate might have been better from 98-2001, but the angles were downright boring and painfully unimaginative. Paul's answer to his creative lull was to blatantly kiss up to the smarks and give every match 20-25 minutes. All of a sudden ECW was "all about workrate" And to an extent, that plan was successful, because house show business was at an all time high in 2000/2001. But at the end, all the creativity was sucked dry from the product, and combined with the financial distress, it was dead.

If this was 2001 or 2002, I would buy the show, but I've got ECW out of my system, so I will pass

What do you guys think of this "ECW PPV in 2005" card:

Match 1: Three-Way Match: Rey Mysterio Vs. La Parka Vs. Psychosis. Mysterio goes over to start off the crowd hot.

Match 2: Lance Storm & Justin Credible Vs. John Kronus & Perry Saturn. The match we never got. Eliminators take it, with Saturn pinning Credible after Total Elimination.

Match 3: Four-Way Tag Match: Johnny Grunge & Pitbull Gary Wolfe team up in their late partners honor to do battle with Nunzio & Tracy Smothers, as well as Doug Furnas & Phil Lafon, and finally Danny Doring & Roadkill.

Match 4. Mikey Whipwreck Vs. 2 Cold Scorpio. Scorpio defeats Mikey in like 4 minutes, easily. Scorpio runs down ECW, bashing its legacy. He also makes about Tazz (who is doing commentary) and says he still remembers November 2 Remember 96 when he embarassed Scorpio. A match begins, and Tazz defeats Scorpio with the Tazmission in 2-3 minutes.

Match 5: The heel Dudley Boys (Spike, D-Von, & Bubba) issue an open challenge. They get an answer, in the form of Tajiri, Super Crazy, and Balls Mahoney. Crazy spots and bumps, Dudleys win after a 3D on Tajiri.

Match 5. Advertised as: ECW Champion Rhyno defends the title against Rob Van Dam. RVD finally wins the belt he should've won long ago. Helps re-establish RVD on Smackdown! Note: This is assuming he's healthy. New Jack interferes, running off Rhyno's ally Don Callis after severely butchering him.

Match 6. Advertised as: Tommy Dreamer answers a mysterious challenge from (an) unknown challenger(s). Beulah comes out and stands by Tommy's side, then turns on him. In comes Stevie Richards. Dreamer defeats him. Brian Lee is #2. Defeated. The Blue Meanie as #3. Defeated. Finally, Dreamer says he KNOWS who sent them. It has to be....(crowd chants "Raven! Raven!") Tommy tells his old foe to come out...and he gets...

CACTUS JACK!

Match 7. Cactus Jack def. Tommy Dreamer.

Match 8. Advertised as: Chris Benoit & Dean Malenko team up one last time to do battle with Chris Jericho & Eddie Guerrero. Match ends in a double-pinfall, as Benoit has Jericho pinned with a Dragon Suplex just as Guerrero has Dean beat with the Frog Splash. Afterwards, Dudleys attack all 4 men. But the 4 "technical" wrestlers band together and run them off.

Match 9. "Gangster's Paradise" Suicide Six-Way Match: Advertised as: Former ECW World Champions do battle to decide the most hardcore of all! Includes: Mike Awesome, Masato Tanaka, The Sandman, Steve Corino, Terry Funk, and Sabu. Sabu or Funk go over, last eliminating Sandman.

I THINK THIS WOULD BE AN AMAZING SHOW...

Guest DeathBecomesYou

Now that's a card worth ordering, especially the Dreamer/Jack scenario, I would mark out huge for that.

Guest Trivia247
What do you guys think of this "ECW PPV in 2005" card:

Match 1: Three-Way Match: Rey Mysterio Vs. La Parka Vs. Psychosis. Mysterio goes over to start off the crowd hot.

Match 2: Lance Storm & Justin Credible Vs. John Kronus & Perry Saturn. The match we never got. Eliminators take it, with Saturn pinning Credible after Total Elimination.

Match 3: Four-Way Tag Match: Johnny Grunge & Pitbull Gary Wolfe team up in their late partners honor to do battle with Nunzio & Tracy Smothers, as well as Doug Furnas & Phil Lafon, and finally Danny Doring & Roadkill.

Match 4. Mikey Whipwreck Vs. 2 Cold Scorpio. Scorpio defeats Mikey in like 4 minutes, easily. Scorpio runs down ECW, bashing its legacy. He also makes about Tazz (who is doing commentary) and says he still remembers November 2 Remember 96 when he embarassed Scorpio. A match begins, and Tazz defeats Scorpio with the Tazmission in 2-3 minutes.

Match 5: The heel Dudley Boys (Spike, D-Von, & Bubba) issue an open challenge. They get an answer, in the form of Tajiri, Super Crazy, and Balls Mahoney. Crazy spots and bumps, Dudleys win after a 3D on Tajiri.

Match 5. Advertised as: ECW Champion Rhyno defends the title against Rob Van Dam. RVD finally wins the belt he should've won long ago. Helps re-establish RVD on Smackdown! Note: This is assuming he's healthy. New Jack interferes, running off Rhyno's ally Don Callis after severely butchering him.

Match 6. Advertised as: Tommy Dreamer answers a mysterious challenge from (an) unknown challenger(s). Beulah comes out and stands by Tommy's side, then turns on him. In comes Stevie Richards. Dreamer defeats him. Brian Lee is #2. Defeated. The Blue Meanie as #3. Defeated. Finally, Dreamer says he KNOWS who sent them. It has to be....(crowd chants "Raven! Raven!") Tommy tells his old foe to come out...and he gets...

CACTUS JACK!

Match 7. Cactus Jack def. Tommy Dreamer.

Match 8. Advertised as: Chris Benoit & Dean Malenko team up one last time to do battle with Chris Jericho & Eddie Guerrero. Match ends in a double-pinfall, as Benoit has Jericho pinned with a Dragon Suplex just as Guerrero has Dean beat with the Frog Splash. Afterwards, Dudleys attack all 4 men. But the 4 "technical" wrestlers band together and run them off.

Match 9. "Gangster's Paradise" Suicide Six-Way Match: Advertised as: Former ECW World Champions do battle to decide the most hardcore of all! Includes: Mike Awesome, Masato Tanaka, The Sandman, Steve Corino, Terry Funk, and Sabu. Sabu or Funk go over, last eliminating Sandman.

I THINK THIS WOULD BE AN AMAZING SHOW...

why no Raven though?

Well, actually to think about it, Raven's Persona in TNA is the strongest Character development he has had SINCE ECW.

the stints after ECW in WCW and WWF just Leeched off his ECW persona but didn't improve much on it.

in TNA his character I think really cranked up and was given freedom to truly expand it some or even go back to some of his old roots, so perhaps he wouldn't want to go back to the WWE just to relive the ECW Raven Phenom vs Dreamer.

Besides Dreamer finally got his Last laugh and final Pin on Raven to finally end their feud................... on Raw of all places.

RVD is not the MAIN reason people paid for ECW, unless you are just talking about 2001 and/or the TNA era of ECW. ECW was IMO, at it's best from about mid 1995 right up to when Raven left. That was entirely before RVD became a big name in ECW, and he was in the midcard, having entertaining matches of course, but he wasn't the focal point at all.

ECW was good in the storyline department from the day Raven first appeared and the last day he walked out of ECW, then athletic/wrestling-wise it was when Taz and then RVD got over in 98-99 until the last ECW p.p.v. An ECW p.p.v. w/o RVD is like the 4 Horsemen w/o Ric Flair.

That mock-ECW PPV card is most likely better then anything planned for WM 21.

The only thing I would change is 2 Cold Scorpio jobbing so quickly to Mikey.

Re-read that Mike.

Oops my bad. Haha, still though I would have the match go 10 minutes, and have Scorpio BARELY win, but then post-match act like an arrogant asshole, asif he easily beat Mikey, which would of course spark said post-match stuff.

So if this is in June, are they still trying to do the Bad Blood & Great American Bash still too? Will the WWE try having 3 PPV in one month?

This will answer your question. Taken from WWE.com

No Way Out Sunday, February 20, 2005 | Pittsburgh, PA

SmackDown! PPV

WrestleMania 21 Sunday, April 3, 2005 | Los Angeles, CA

RAW & SmackDown! PPV

Backlash Sunday, May 1, 2005 | Manchester, NH

RAW PPV

Judgment Day Sunday, May 22, 2005 | Minneapolis, MN

SmackDown! PPV

TBD Sunday, June 12, 2005 | New York, NY

TBD(ECW PPV)

Vengeance Sunday, June 26, 2005 | Las Vegas, NV

RAW PPV

The Great American Bash Sunday, July 24, 2005 | Buffalo, NY

SmackDown! PPV

Summerslam Sunday, August 21, 2005 | Washington DC

RAW & SmackDown! PPV

Unforgiven Sunday, September 18, 2005 | TBD

RAW PPV

No Mercy Sunday, October 9, 2005 | TBD

SmackDown! PPV

Taboo Tuesday Tuesday, November 1, 2005 | San Diego, CA

RAW PPV

Survivor Series Sunday, November 27, 2005 | Detroit, MI

RAW & SmackDown! PPV

Armageddon Sunday, December 18, 2005 | TBD

SmackDown! PPV

New Year's Revolution Sunday, January 8, 2006 | TBD

RAW PPV

Royal Rumble Sunday, January 29, 2006 | Miami, FL

RAW & SmackDown! PPV

My question is this: How do you promote a PPV like this? You can't really put TV time towards it since there are ECW guys on BOTH brands, and it could get in the way of promoting the next brand PPV, you know, the kind where you're going to see the people on WWE TV again. Yet there's no other way to do it and expect buyrates comparable to the normal or even below normal.

Guest Nobody

Honestly... Anyone who DOESN'T think that a WWE version of an ECW PPV is going to suck needs to get their heads examined.

I mean it might be a good *WWE* ppv but if they actually do try and give it a name that has the letters ECW in it then don't be surprised if it doesn't live up to whatever expectations you might have.

Guest thetrendsetter

They need to have Heel RAW Champ Randy Orton Win the ECW title, then throw it down...

*Ducks Chair, Shopping Cart and 53 Keyboards"

All I care is if hell truly freezes over and Shane Douglas shows up...

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA JACCCKASSSS"

Gold.

I still have a hard time believing WWE will go through with an entire "non-WWE" ppv.

Since Meltzer is saying that Vince is trying to get ECW alumni not currently under WWE contract, does this mean he wants as few WWE contracted wrestlers as possible? I mean a major portion of the WWE roster were names in ECW and could contribute, but then there is the question of guys like Triple H and UT mad because allowing mid-card WWE guys, headline a WWE PPV under the ECW moniker and showcasing actual wrestling talent, might possibly make way for higher demand for them in the near future as they return to normal WWE programming.