TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vern Gagne

Dumb Wrestling Questions?

Do the wrestlers drink water or a sports drink while wrestling? It's hard to stop a match, for a water break...but matches that run 25+ minutes you can't continue on without hydrating yourself.

Guest The Masked Avenger

No, they don't. It's just one of those things that comes with proper conditioning.

-TMA

Guest The Masked Avenger

Seriously: The answer is *no*. You don't see them do so in matches, do you? It would disrupt the flow of the match.

-TMA

When I was at Raw last March for the draft lottery, Ric Flair did indeed take a drink from a water bottle during the match him and Batista won back the tag titles from RVD/Booker. It happened during the commercial.

Guest The Masked Avenger

Yes, but it's not a regular occurence, nor something wrestlers can generally be seen to do. I once saw the goal keeper of Uruguay's soccer team make a save by leaping up into the air and blocking the ball with his feet behind his head (almost like a scorpion's tail), but that was the exception, not the rule. Goal keepers in general cannot be said to do this.

During my 4 years of pro wrestling, I've never done it, nor seen any of the other boys do it.

-TMA

What if you drink a shit load of water before a match and have to piss badly? Do you just piss your pants?

What if you need to take a dump? Do you wrestle the entire match knowing you're ognna shit your pants?

Do the wrestlers drink water or a sports drink while wrestling? It's hard to stop a match, for a water break...but matches that run 25+ minutes you can't continue on without hydrating yourself.

Rarely. In general, if you didn't see them do it, then no they didn't (taped & edited shows like Smackdown aside). Watch the CM Punk/Chris Hero 93-minute match for one shining example of going that long without rehydrating. (Although at one point my fed had a heel manager who's gimmick was being a waterboy, and his wrestlers loved being able to take a drink whenever they wanted to.)

Actually you do see them do it in matches that are long enough. Think about it. It's there.

Huh?

Do wrestlers ever cough or sneeze during matches?

Sure, but it's like doing any other strenuous activity, the sustained heavy breathing tends to keep such things from happening too much.

With all the blading, how often do wrestlers get tested for HIV?

Rarely, if ever. They might test themselves like any other individual, but that's about it. It's just never been a real problem, and I've never heard of any wrestler catching diseases from another guy's blood.

Why do football players want to become wrestlers?

Wrestling isn't as stacked with ex-football pros as it seems like. It's just that football players tend to be really big guys who're in decent shape and have high pain tolerances, so if football doesn't work out the jump to wrestling is a natural one.

What if you drink a shit load of water before a match and have to piss badly? Do you just piss your pants? What if you need to take a dump? Do you wrestle the entire match knowing you're ognna shit your pants?

It's the worst fucking feeling in the world. You just gotta hold it in and pray nothing bad happens.

I have heard about this, but can somebody tell me when and where it happened? Was it TV or PPV or just a house show?

Would you believe the main event of Wrestlemania? Seriously, Wrestlemania 13, Sid vs. Taker. It's hard to actually see the alleged shite, but watch Taker's weird facial expression and hesitation when he picks Sid up for the tombstone.

Actually you do see them do it in matches that are long enough. Think about it. It's there.

Huh?

Not all the time, but if you stop and try to think of all the times you've seen it incorporated into the match, there's more than a few. So it's done occasionally.

I know you wouldn't have to. I used to go through football games without drinking and I played both ways.

<<Would you believe the main event of Wrestlemania? Seriously, Wrestlemania 13, Sid vs. Taker. It's hard to actually see the alleged shite, but watch Taker's weird facial expression and hesitation when he picks Sid up for the tombstone.>>

I have every WM save for 15. I will have to check it out tonight when I come home. Is this just postulation based upon UT's facial expression or did someone spill the beans (no pun intended) on the pants-crapping?

<<Would you believe the main event of Wrestlemania? Seriously, Wrestlemania 13, Sid vs. Taker. It's hard to actually see the alleged shite, but watch Taker's weird facial expression and hesitation when he picks Sid up for the tombstone.>>

I have every WM save for 15. I will have to check it out tonight when I come home. Is this just postulation based upon UT's facial expression or did someone spill the beans (no pun intended) on the pants-crapping?

I believe I read a Taker interview where he talks about his opponent shitting his pants.

Guest LooneyTune

Sid shat his pants on a House-Show. Undertaker chokeslammed him and "pfft..." They went for the pin like 5 seconds later because of it. I heard Sid was having bowel problems that day too, so it's not like he just shat himself for no reason.

What if a female wrestler has her period during a match?

i for one would think it would make a humorous finish to a women's "first blood" match.

another reason why we pray no one from WWE will ever read these message boards. It's bound to happen now...