TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

Favorite TV shows that lasted a season or less

Undergrads, Undeclared and 3-South.

I've managed to find all the episodes of Undeclared, including one unaired episode. I wish I could have that luck with 3-South. I've got the first 6 episodes all in RealVideo format, but that's it. Everytime I find a torrent of it, it has been dead.

Murder One

Murder One shouldn't count - it did go two seasons, albeit with different leads. Good show, but a bit ahead of it's time.

The one-season "wonders" that upset me the most upon cancellation:

- Playmakers (although I can't see that ESPN had a choice when the NFL applied pressure)

- Keen Eddie (fun little show, maybe too many Brits for the American palate?)

- Karen Sisco (poor scheduling by ABC. A show with a female as the primary is not guaranteed to hold the ratings of The Bachelor.)

- The Flash (my favourite live-action comic hero show)

Guest ken adams

Police Squad.

It lasted 6 episodes & was much funnier than the Naked Gun movies.

OJ Slasher was a terrible Nordberg, I don't know why Peter Lupus didn't make the movie.

And don't forget Rex Hamilton as Abraham Lincoln.

I second undeclared and greg the bunny. I miss titus too but at least it got 3 years and as said before didnt get canned in the middle of the season like Boston Public and Grounded for Life (two of my fav shows) -but at least they gave grounded a series finale that was ok. Boston dissaperead in the middle of the storylines.

The Critic is also one of my all time favs. Only lasted breifly on abc and then a little bit more on fox. I keep meaning to get the dvd set.

oh and I also enjoyed "the Help" i thought it had some potential. Too bad it lasted 6 episodes. I enjoyed its similarity to Unhappily as well. Bud Bundy as a drunk guy who lived in the pool house and never talked except for grunting made the show for me. as well as the bickering maids.

I liked those too, damn this thread is bringing back memories. Anyone else remember Mark Hamill as The Prankster or something similar in a Flash episode?

For that matter, does anyone else remember a half-hour Dracula show that used to air a decade ago? Basically a buncha kids trying to stop the Prince of Darkness, kind of a proto-Buffy, came on in the middle of the night.

I liked those too, damn this thread is bringing back memories. Anyone else remember Mark Hamill as The Prankster or something similar in a Flash episode?

For that matter, does anyone else remember a half-hour Dracula show that used to air a decade ago? Basically a buncha kids trying to stop the Prince of Darkness, kind of a proto-Buffy, came on in the middle of the night.

no, but I remember Count Duckula

Guest Smues

countduckulalogo.jpg

I loved Count Duckula as a kid. A vampire made with ketchup instead of blood. BRILLIANT.

Guest Ray

Nowhere Man.

I remember loving it back in....1995? Haven't seen it since.

Wow, that was ten years ago. I feel old.

Guest Frank_Nabbit

I believe it was creatively entitled "Dracula: The Series"

I looked it up on IMDB recently

Nowhere Man.

I remember loving it back in....1995? Haven't seen it since.

Wow, that was ten years ago. I feel old.

I think it was on in a block with Vanishing Son?

Now that was a series that sucked. But it was nice to have an Asian (not named Margaret Cho) as the lead character...

My list is pretty much a repeat of everyone else's, but I'll throw in my agreement with Action (before it's time, looked like the censors went to work on it quite a bit). Greg the Bunny (at least I got the DVD), Clerks TAS, John Doe (pissed at how they ended the run), Keen Eddie, The Flash, and Fastlane.

At least I know what was supposed to happen on John Doe. I have the issue of Entertainment Weekly where they talked to the show creators and they spilled how it was supposed to work out.

Firefly

My So-Called Life - Just recently watched the series, and I really liked it.

The Job - Denis Leary's NYPD show, which technically had two seasons, but only 19 episodes between the two of them.

Undeclared - By Judd Apatow, also creator of Freaks and Geeks, and The Ben Stiller Show, neither of which I got to see, unfortunately.

Greg The Bunny

Wonderfalls

Andy Richter Controls the Universe - Same boat as The Job length-wise. Had a similar format to Scrubs, and much funnier than Andy's current show, Quintuplets.

Push, Nevada - Not a great show, but the concept was interesting.

Since two season shows like "The Job" and "Andy Richter Controls the Universe" have been mentioned, I'll add:

SportsNight

I loved that show. I was pretty pissed off when they took it off the air.