TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vern Gagne

Spring Training

The hell?  Is it 2010 already?

yes

Hay guys from 2005, no flying cars and your president will be Jeb Bush. Oh yeah, Kiefer Sutherland will be your California governor after Ah-nold decides to be the Veep in 2008. And Undertaker will still be squashing young rookies especially that Dewey Foley. Oh well, gotta head to George W. Bush International Airport.

Early news out of Mets camp is that Willie Randolph has banned facial hair for the season.  The "Yankeeization" of the Mets continues

So Mike Piazza has to get rid of his beard? They were married just a short time ago.

Guest Failed Mascot

Renteria showed up a day early and didn't hold a yearly press conference to complain about Steve Buckley and other Boston media members like a certain other SS that use to start for Boston.

capt.flrb10302191746.red_sox_spring_flrb103.jpg

Guest Failed Mascot

Ya but he even ripped into the people who defended him like Tony Maz and Steve Burton. I like Renteria more than Nomar as a player anyways. He's not going to try throwing the ball while flying in the air and proceed to cannon it 5 rows deep behind the first base dugout.

Rob Nen calls it a career after suffering another set-back.

Good, now maybe they'll finally keep him out of an EA MVP game.

Seems about right, though, and the Giants obviously weren't optimistic since they signed Benetiz.

Guest Failed Mascot

Matt Mantai was asked in my local paper today how he thought Randy Johnson would handle New York. His response, "I dunno. He doesn't like the media there or the fans.".

Guest Stress Truck

Keith Foulke makes the *seventh* Red Sox in seven days to waste spring training time on Alex Rodriguez. I've honestly never seen a more insecure group of world champions in my life.

Guest Failed Mascot

This made me laugh

Placido Polanco, who accepted Philadelphia's offer of arbitration after not finding the free-agent market to his liking, hopes to be traded to a team willing to use him as a regular.

''It's a situation I can't control,'' Polanco said. ''I don't like to be in this situation. I hate to be in this situation, but I have to live with it.'' Let's all feel sorry for the player who chose -- yes chose -- to make $4.6 million to act as a reserve rather than $3 million or so to be a starter elsewhere. The Phillies figure to be very open to trading Polanco if anyone wants him

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. - Barry Bonds angrily sidestepped questions about his role in baseball's steroid scandal upon his arrival at spring training Tuesday, pronouncing himself weary but ready to begin his pursuit of Hank Aaron's home run record. In the 40-year-old Bonds' first public comments since his grand jury testimony was leaked to the San Francisco Chronicle and reported in December, he had nothing to say about it, citing legal constrictions. But he had harsh words for the media and fans still consumed by the circumstances of his record-setting home run binge.

"You guys are like re-running stories," Bonds said to the huge group of reporters in attendance. "This is old stuff. It's like watching 'Sanford and Son.' ... It's almost comical, basically."

In a related story, studies show that steroid use has been linked to decreased sperm count and decreased ability in forming analogies.

Guest Failed Mascot

Rumor has it Balco is also trying to have a new growth hormone passed. Its supposedly a patch that you press hard onto your chest and will be named "The Big One"

Guest Brian

I did think it was funny when Bonds was putting it to Canseco, and liked that he defended the other ballplayers, which is far more than I expected from him. I'm surprised he did a press conference in the first place.

The newest Korean 2004 cartoon recap: the Mets. The Tom Glavine one is the best even though I don't understand what they're saying. They also put an Oakland A's one up too.

http://news.naver.com/sports/new/list.php?...lb&menu=cartoon

Y'know... Considering that page has 2 cartoons about the Tribe...

I WISH THEY'D TRANSLATE! :P