TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vern Gagne

Moss traded

All the local stations are reporting that Randy Moss's agent has said a deal with the Raiders has been completed.

Napoleon Harris and the 7th overall pick for Randy Moss is the rumored deal.

All the local stations are reporting that Randy Moss's agent has said a deal with the Raiders has been completed.

Napoleon Harris and the 7th overall pick for Randy Moss is the rumored deal.

I'm guessing the Vikings go WR and try to grab Edwards or someone with the pick.

Wonder what the Ravens tried to offer since they really need a wide out.

Guest Vitamin X

My my my, how fitting. Who's going to throw the ball to Randy, though?

As a Packer fan, this pleases me greatly.

This is terrible. I know he's a distraction, but the man has a retarded amount of talent. He's going to do nothing for the Raiders. And Napolean Harris? Please, they have to get more than that.

I guess the Vikes are going after Mike Wiliams, as Braylon Edwards probably won't drop to 7. Maybe even grab an Isaac Bruce or Derrick Mason type of player. But still, I hate this trade.

Guest Vitamin X

Fanball puts in their report, and a bit of candid talk from his agent was rather interesting...

News

The St. Paul Pioneer Press is reporting that the Vikings will send All-Pro wideout Randy Moss to the Raiders in exchange for linebacker Napolean Harris, the seventh overall pick in the upcoming draft, and another late-round pick. The trade can't be officially made until March 2, but Moss' agent, Dante DiTrapano, informed the paper that the deal is completed. "In speaking with Moss, although he has a lot of ties to Minnesota and did not particularly want to be traded, he's very excited with the possibility of playing for Al Davis and being a part of the Raider tradition," DiTrapano said. "The Raiders have vowed to use Randy's talents the way they should be used, and that's to throw the ball vertically down the field. Randy's desire to win a Super Bowl is enhanced with a move to a team like the Raiders, because the Minnesota Vikings seem to be in a constant rebuilding mode." The Raiders will take on Moss' $7.25 million base salary for next season, a move which will save Minnesota nearly $2 million in cap space. The Vikings also have the 18th pick in this year's draft.

Views

Moss adds a completely new dimension to the Raiders' passing game, which hasn't had a dominate receiver since Tim Brown's glory days. The Freak will quickly become Kerry Collins' favorite receiver and should take away any double-coverage that would have been earmarked for Jerry Porter. The Vikes may use the seventh pick in the draft to grab a potential stud receiver, if Michigan's Braylon Edwards or Southern Cal's Mike Williams are still available.

Can't say that I disagree with his agent. There is no excuse for the Vikings to have at least played in a Super Bowl with the talent they've had on offense. Of course, the two first round picks they'll get this year will probably end up being on offense or defensive busts. The real solution to their problems would have been to fire Mike Tice.

Guest Failed Mascot

Alot of WRs on the FA market so the Vikings should use the #7 pick on LBer Derrik Johnson. Then they should use their late first rounder on a CB or safety Thomas Davis if he somehow drops. Their defense would be all set and with a Derrik Mason or somebody their offense is still good too.

Guest Vitamin X
Whatever happened to not trading Moss, as promised by the owner? I guess a guy who lied as much as he did on his personal report can't be trusted.

What did you expect? Red McCombs is a used car dealer.

Guest Failed Mascot
Whatever happened to not trading Moss, as promised by the owner? I guess a guy who lied as much as he did on his personal report can't be trusted.

He isn't technically the owner yet. He still hasn't been approved by the league so this is all McComb's doing.

He isn't technically the owner yet. He still hasn't been approved by the league so this is all McComb's doing.

Okay, I'm just surprised then that McCombs pulled this deal off before that other guy could even come in. That kind of sucks, if he really didn't want to get rid of him. You're getting rid of the new owner's franchise player.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Good move on the Viks part. They weren't going anywhere with Moss and now they can draft a receiver and use Michael Bennett and Onterio Smith in a more balanced attacked.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS

Moss, Porter and Curry...so sweet, so tig ol bitty sweet.

This news made my day.

Man is that new owner gonna be absolutely pissed at being screwed over by the old owner. ^_^ Although, has Porter signed with the Raiders? Because I thought he'd only sign if he was the go to WR. With Moss coming in, he'll lose that, so I don't think Porter stays if he hasn't signed now.

I call bullshit until Mortensen and Clayton explain why Moss changed his mind on the deal. When this was originally proposed, Moss said that he wouldn't restructure his contract (which is what the Raider trade entailed).

Porter is a FA isn't he?

Porter resigned with the Raiders and they franchised Woodson. Personally, Porter is better off with Moss because he won't get as much attention thus he'll have more opportunities to make the big play.

If the Raiders draft nothing but defensive guys then they're set. Their LB corps is crap and their DE's could use some more meat.

Tui > Collins. Tui is going whip Kegger's ass in spring training. It seems that *everyone* is hoping he works out better than Kegger. The guys love Tui and would take a bullet for him.

Goddamn.

I honestly thought the Jets or the Jags were going to get Moss. Coach Edwards seems like the type of coach who could get through to a prick like Moss.

The Raiders still need to pick up a decent running back. Doesn't have to be a star they just need to be better than Wheatley and Zeroue.

If the Raiders draft nothing but defensive guys then they're set.  Their LB corps is crap and their DE's could use some more meat.

They could draft a defensive coordinator with a brain and switch to a 4-3.

If the Raiders draft nothing but defensive guys then they're set.  Their LB corps is crap and their DE's could use some more meat.

They could draft a defensive coordinator with a brain and switch to a 4-3.

Amen.

The team just picked up the Ravens former O-line coach, which was the opposite of what they should have picked up (D-line). Maybe some Baltimore fan can chime in and let me know if the Raiders are okay or screwed with this signing.

Warren Sapp got pissed for the shitty 3-4 that Bob Ryan ran and Norv Turner didn't listen to him. So Warren snapped on his slave master ass. I couldn't blame him. Turner's still a tool.

Ryan has not worked out. He has a *long* way to go before he can fill his dad Buddy's shoes.

The Raiders RB situation doesn't look too bad since there are some good FA's out there along with a possible draftee (but I doubt they'll do that come draft day).

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20

Kerry Collins better be on top of his game next season.

Kerry Collins better be on top of his game next season.

I agree, he's got no excuse to suck ass next year. He has people who can catch and a decent o-line.