TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest BillyTheStud

What is your favorite catchphrase that didn't..

Guest Professor X

Greetings from under the Black Resistol!

I stopped watching wrestling on tv because of WHAT?. I only watch PPV's now and follow Raw and Smackdown on the internet.

God Bless!

"Open wide, and say ah." - Jerry Lynn

'Course, he only said it once before a title defense in TNA against either Ace Steel or Sonny Siaki (X-Division title, Year One), but it was almost as if he expected people to chant it with him.

"If I could be serious for a moment..." - Lance Storm

It started taking off, but then WCW stopped letting him talk, really, and put Team Canada into that terrible feud with the Misfits In Action (though I did like how Hugh Morrus transformed back into the laughing madman), and he never really used it in the WWF/WWE.

Don't know if this counts, but it should have been a catchphrase

"You don't respect me, becoause I am German!" Alex Wright

I say that every once in a while, making me the only human being in existance who probably uses that in quote context

Jeff Jarrett returned to the "Double J" gimmick the same night Tyson joined DX.

Another classic catchphrase which didn't catch on: Shane Douglas - "THAT'S A FACT!! THAT'S A FACT!! THAT'S A FACT!! JAAAAAAACKAAAAAAAAAASSS!!"

"How about you pour yourself a big glass...OF SHUT UP JUICE!!!!"

--The Rock

This catchphrase was so horrible it was the greatest ever.

There are people out there that wonder if that wasn't Rock's and WWF's way of telling WCW and Juvy to "cease and desist" with the "Rock-Like" gimmick Juvy had when Rock started coming out with the "SHUT UP JUICE" line

saturn2.jpg

You're Welcome!

I so wanted that phrase to catch on this way. Have Saturn go apeshit on someone and as there lying there in a heap of pain calmly walk away saying "you're welcome". Show him as a ass kissing lunatic instead of the dumbass retard that they made him.

Oh cmon saturn the crazy guy was great!!! Going on a double date with deano machino and ordering a blue crayon and mustard.

and his great nonsensical lines

Those segments were good but it made him a nothing more than a retard comedy character. I prefer a psychotic killer with a comedic edge.

There's something about Blackman, Deano, and Storm that made them HI-larious as straight-men. 'It's party time' should have woeked so well if it was played ironically.

Guest Failed Mascot

I don't know if it was over and I don't care. All I know is that whenever Rock talked about strudel it annoyed me. He got lucky with the whole pie thing and then tried to push his baked goods luck too far.

It was never said or probally even thought of, but I think it would of been funny that since Theodore Long was using rhyming catchphrases for his wrestlers like "Are you down with the Brown" and "Can you back the Mack." I was really hoping he would say "You cant go wrong with the Long." I mean c'mon it works on so many levels!

"How about you pour yourself a big glass...OF SHUT UP JUICE!!!!"

--The Rock

This catchphrase was so horrible it was the greatest ever.

There are people out there that wonder if that wasn't Rock's and WWF's way of telling WCW and Juvy to "cease and desist" with the "Rock-Like" gimmick Juvy had when Rock started coming out with the "SHUT UP JUICE" line

I figured the whole "juice" gimmick was cuz of how rock insulted juvi (after jericho debuted in wwf, Rock once had a promo against him where he said "hey youre think youre a tough guy coming from down south where you beat up some jabroni named juventud)

Juice came about cuz Juvi had often wore tights that said "Juvi Juice" on the back for no particular reason

"Baby, I will fight you anywhere, anyday because baby, I'm Y...2...J!"

Jericho used that little gem for a short while in 2000.

"I am the big Nasty Bastard"- The Big Show

This was used when he first debuted in the WWF, but Corlis Williamson forced them to drop the nickname due to him being called the Big Nasty. Does Corlis even play in the NBA anymore?

"How do you like me now?" - Holley

Ok, it was horrible....but it was fun to hear the crowd not react after he puts his heart and soul into asking.

The WWF actually released a shirt featuring this catchphrase, which is both hilarious and sad.

Guest Mindless_Aggression

The Big Show repeatedly declaring himself a Big Nasty Bastard nearly put me in tears originally. I totally lost it when Big Show did something illegal in a match and JR said "Well...even HE admits he is A BIG NASTY BASTARD". He screamed the last part and sent me totally over the edge of sanity for a solid 10 minutes.

"I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know!" - Sean O' Haire

Seconded. That one was awesome.

"Without Hardcore Holly, it ain't Christmas."

:lol:

When did he say that?

Guest news_gimmick

I really don't think Jarretts' "Don't piss me off!!" catchphrase ever caught on, as much as it was shoved down our throats. I loved his action figure at the time that said "Don't make me mad!!"

I thought Saturns "You're welcome" was just hilarious, and I also wish it would've caught on simply on that alone. Personal preference heh.

I really don't think Jarretts' "Don't piss me off!!" catchphrase ever caught on, as much as it was shoved down our throats. I loved his action figure at the time that said "Don't make me mad!!"

I thought Saturns "You're welcome" was just hilarious, and I also wish it would've caught on simply on that alone. Personal preference heh.

I had that action figure. I just sat there for a moment and looked at that... and I wanted my 5 bucks back.

Guest MikeSC
"How do you like me now?" - Holley

Ok, it was horrible....but it was fun to hear the crowd not react after he puts his heart and soul into asking.

Well, I suppose the non-reaction was the answer.

-=Mike