TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Matt Hardy speaks on he and Lita splitting

I think Matt deserves a push!!!

Edge fucked up his career because he couldn't stop himself from having... Lita of all people! :headbang:

2 months after his marriage? Lita and Edge really come off looking like scumbags from this story.

Guest Failed Mascot

they should just send Edge to Smackdown and make him a Velocity exclusive, then just release Lita. They have enough females now that they don't need her.

Lita should be ashamed. Cheating on her storyling husband and her real life boyfriend. Up until this thread I didn't know Edge had cheated on Val's sister and that marriage ended long ago. Maybe send both Edge and Val over to Smackdown and make Edge job to Val week in and week out on Velocity.

Guest jumpingbombangel

I think Lita owes Trish an apology. Once again, Ms. Stratigias tells it like it is...Lita truly is the kiss of death for a wrestler's career.

And honestly, I truly hope Edge suffers for this BS. This news comes out while the gold plating on his wedding ring hasn't even faded yet. What a prick. Christian was better than him all along, anyway.

Guest combat_rock

Edge needs to be put in a best of seven series with Hardcore Holly. I don't care who needs to get traded.

they should just send Edge to Smackdown and make him a Velocity exclusive, then just release Lita. They have enough females now that they don't need her.

That's not good business at all.

Edge could be a main eventer one day, and Lita brings plenty of fat chicks into the audience.

My favourite Lita story was when she was on Saturday morning TV in the UK a few years back, when she was with Matt storyline-wise but not in reality. She was answering questions phoned in from kids and being reasonably honest about it all - as in, acknowledging that some stuff they do is fake etc. One kid asked if her and Matt Hardy were really a couple, to which Lita responded immediately, "I wish, then I might be getting some."

At which point she remembered she was on a show for kids. Funny stuff.

This may have been the same show that she said she liked people making websites about her, but would like it better if some of them rang her and invited her out for dinner.

update, swiped from Inside Pulse:

In recent days we have been reporting on the breakup of Matt Hardy and Amy "Lita" Dumas. Well, new information has come out regarding the situation. Apparently Matt Hardy was notified that Amy was cheating on him by another wrestlers wife. That was Edge's new wife, because Edge was the one that was fooling around with Amy.

According to PWTorch.com's VIP Audio Update, this started happening in December, two months after Edge's second marriage. His first marriage with Sean "Val Venus" Morley's sister had ended some time ago.

This could turn out to be a death knell for Edge in WWE, as the talent and agents are all furious that he would do this, especially doing this to another talent, and a good firend. It's no secret that Edge, Christian, Matt and Jeff made their names together and were close friends -- with Edge and Matt writing very favorably about each other in their recent books. Well, that's speared right to hell.

With Matt, Edge and Lita all being on Raw, there are many possibilities as to what could happen. A rumored Matt vs. Kane vs. Snitsky match with Lita at ringside is no longer likely, and logically you could assume that WWE will try to seperate them if they hold a draft after Wrestlemania. PWTorch speculates that this was one of the reasons Edge jobbed to Shawn Michaels on a recent RAW.

There has yet to be any public comment from Lita or Edge on this matter, but we will report on their side(s) of the story when and if they become available.

Credit: PWTorch.com, THEMattHardy.com, various reports

and we thought we knew him.

You think you know me......

Guest MikeSC

Edge could be a main eventer one day, and Lita brings plenty of fat chicks into the audience.

But, let's be honest, Amy is going to end up with an STD named after her. Does the WWE want to be the home of the namesake of the "Lita rash"?

-=Mike

Guest Failed Mascot

I didn't mean keep Edge there forever but definately until he respects his position and peers. As for Lita she's nothing special in the ring and needs some counceling to gain some shred of self-worth.

Looks like Matt is due for an uber push.

They should just cut Lita anyway. Yeah, the women's division sucks, but she's more of a liability then anything else. She was out for months, comes back, and is out for months again. The whole Matt/Kane/Snitsky angle is messed b/c Kane is a face and nobody even cares about Lita.

Send Matt back to Smackdown where he was actually doing well and give him a push- hell, the guy deserves it. Being stuck w/ Lita and Jeff for most of his career, you can't help but feel bad for the guy.

Guest Failed Mascot

I'd rather not see Hardy sent to Smackdown. I'm still waiting to one day hear from CWM(who keeps me updated for the most part so I don't have to watch this stuff) that my wish of a (heel)Matt and Shawn Michaels are having a feud. Then they can have a ladder match for the IC strap...I think it would be a rockin' match.

Up until this thread I didn't know Edge had cheated on Val's sister and that marriage ended long ago. Maybe send both Edge and Val over to Smackdown and make Edge job to Val week in and week out on Velocity.

He didn't cheat. The marriage ended while Edge was out from surgery.

But still, that's pretty scummy to cheat on such a new wife. I guess Edge will be the Ross Gellar of WWE.

Guest Failed Mascot

I just don't understand being with somebody if you can't stay faithful.

Guest MikeSC

Ditto. They do get SOME time to go home during the week, so "loneliness" doesn't really work as a valid excuse.

Seriously guys, how many of married wrestlers are actually faithful? It's just that most of them are smart enough to fuck rats and not people in the company.

Nothing smart about fucking a ring rat.

An itchy rash with discharge is an itchy rash with discharge --- no matter whom it originates with.

-=Mike

The only wrestler that I would put money on that he didn't cheat on his wife is Lance Storm

I'd put money on Al Snow, too. Martha Hart said in her book he was always faithful.

But anyways, anyone know Matt Hardy's web site?

The only person on the current roster that I'd have my money on is Triple H, because he isn't that stupid.

Seconded.

I'd love to see what Vince would do if he caught HHH cheating. That'd be friggan hilarious.

Maybe the Hurricane could squash him! :lol:

They should just cut Lita anyway.  Yeah, the women's division sucks, but she's more of a liability then anything else.  She was out for months, comes back, and is out for months again.  The whole Matt/Kane/Snitsky angle is messed b/c Kane is a face and nobody even cares about Lita. 

If I remember correctly, the Snitsky/Lita/Kane segments were frequently the highest rated segments on the show.

Everybody != you and fellow smarks

I think HHH has a wandering eye, and was notorious for banging all kinds of rats in the mid 90s, so I still think he would more likely than Lance Storm. I don't think he would per say, but he would be tempted to. It would be idiotic, but 98% of guys can't control it. Lance Storm has a book club, doesn't do any drugs, isn't on the juice,doesn't drink, is a strict father, let's his wife go on the road with him, he would be my bet.

A wandering eye is different than cheating though, right? I don't doubt he has a wandering eye, as I'm sure about 99% of all guys have wandering eyes (hell, make that 99% of all girls too), but to actually cheat and risk his entire career, literally? Nah.

Ditto. They do get SOME time to go home during the week, so "loneliness" doesn't really work as a valid excuse.

While the wrestlers do get some time off, it's not always on a set schedule, so it's still not easy planning time with a spouse or significant other. And loneliness is a very valid excuse, because your not just away from home while on the road. There is also the stresses and troubles of everything else on the road, like getting up at 6 in the morning, so you can pay for a taxi or hire car to get to the airport so you can drag your shit through customs for the first flight out, so you can sit in a cramped seat and not catch up on any of the sleep you lost the night before so you can arrive at the next town, drag your shit through customs, pay for a taxi or hire a car to take you to the next hotel so you can then try and find a decent meal or something approaching a gym that you can work out in before you going to the arena, wait around for hours on end before wrestling a 15-20 minute match, before you get your shit together and make your way back to the hotel at midnight, so you can try and get to sleep before you have to wake up at 6 the next morning to start the whole routine over again. That takes a toll on a person, both mentally and physically, and with the best will in the world not a lot of people can go through that without reaching for some kind of comfort, whether it's through pills, drink or a woman. Add to that the strains of trying to keep a relationship together while spending 250+ days on the road, and even when you do get home you've still got all the stuff to do that you couldn't do while on the road which means even less time to spend with your significant other, and I can easily understand why someone, even a devoted married man, would eventually crumble and seek refuge in the arms of someone he spends more time with than his own family.

"The road will own you" is a phrase quite common among the old time wrestlers, and in this case it "owned" two people who have to go suffer a physical and emotional toll that few people here can ever understand because they've never gone through it. I don't condone what Edge or Lita have done, but I can absolutely understand why it happened, and if anyone here had the first clue about what those two put themselves through to entertain people, then I doubt they'd be so quick to judge and condemn them.

Everything just seems so strange about how Edge would be involved with one of three RAW divas that are actually tied down, with two having a relationship within the locker room. It's just mind-boggling that he'd risk a good chunk of his close friends (Matt, Amy, Helms, Christian, Rhyno, Trish) for such a move. Still too many details that haven't been revealed (and really, besides the obvious that'll come out, I'm already disgusted with the story).

On another note, although we'll probably find out soon, how did Edge's wife find out before the boys did (or is the timeline screwed up)?

On another note, although we'll probably find out soon, how did Edge's wife find out before the boys did (or is the timeline screwed up)?

Edge's may have told his wife out of guilt, or fear that someone else would tell her. And the other wrestlers probably knew before she did, but didn't say anything because they felt it wasn't their place to.