TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dale Earnhardt

Randy Orton to be on the cover of gay magazine.

Guest Dale Earnhardt
Randy Orton to feature on cover of Gay Express in New Zealand

Written by Dion McCracken

Tuesday, 25 January 2005

The Editor of Gay Express Magazine today informed NZPWI that WWE Superstar Randy Orton would feature on the cover of its latest issue, on sale tomorrow.

The cover will feature a title of "Feeling Randy? - Is the WWE courting gay fans?" with a full page article inside on the subject that includes an interview with Findlay Martin the editor of Power Slam magazine, with pictures of John Cena, Orton, Mark Jindrak, Rene Dupree and Shelton Benjamin.

Link to article

Let the jokes start. Personally, I won't even bother to make a joke. This article seems ridiculous, in my opinion. The pushes of Shelton Benjamin and Randy Orton have nothing to do with catering to gay people and John Cena's push is the polar opposite. WWE has been pushing people with nice bodies since Hulkamania, doesn't mean anything.

It's funny- they got major coverage for Billy and Chuck, but nobody thought they were courting gay men. They pair Randy Orton w/ Stacy Keibler, and now they're going after the gay audience?

lmao

Perhaps the mag is just saying that "WWE has a lot of muscle bound good looking men, so gays, you should be watching Raw and Smackdown "

I dont know lol

Well, I think that this forms the perfect basis for his feud with the Undertaker.

Just like Trish is jealous of Christy being on the cover of Playboy, Undertaker is jealous of Orton. He begins cutting promos saying HE should be on the of Gay Express.

Make it happen WWE.

Well, I think that this forms the perfect basis for his feud with the Undertaker.

Just like Trish is jealous of Christy being on the cover of Playboy, Undertaker is jealous of Orton. He begins cutting promos saying HE should be on the of Gay Express.

Make it happen WWE.

If that happened, I would totally change my mind on the orton/taker feud

lmao now Im hearing Taker complaining about the gay cover in my mind. thats comedy!!!!!!

It's better than fighting over shampoo.

I wouldn't make anything of this, it's just the WWE going after money. They've got a lot of guys who are appealing to that audience so they figured they'd bank it.

Now if Randy gets a 10 ft cutout of the magazine and cuts a promo about how it's his proudest accomplishment, then you have to wonder.

You know this is funny because The Rock was on BET and tried to explain to the host AJ and Free why he was on the cover. Free(female) really wanted to know what Rock was doing on there as if she was upset that her fantasies were for naught. AJ said he knew he was going to be on the show and wanted to pick it up, but didn't want to get ridiculed in the store or have rumours start about him. Maybe Orton is just following Rock again B-)

Methinks the WWE just set Orton's career back big time. He's never going to be accepted as a face no matter how many times fans see him with Stacy or some other Diva ho.

EVERYONE HAS HAD STACY~

The Dudleyz, Test, Scott Steiner, etc. have all had Stacy by their side at one point. She has terrible taste. HBK posed for Playgirl and the following year his title reign tanked even though he was booked rather strong in the first half of his 1996 title reign. That was *no* coincidence.

Orton should just go back to being a heel since the heat he'd be getting would at least be the kind Vince would be shooting for. He's too sleezy and unconvincing to play an honest babyface and doesn't have the mic chops to make people give a shit about him and his problems. Now he's got Kiwi backing him. Where's Alan Funk at?

He's *never* going to draw all that big in the future if he has a gay mag spread hanging over his head. Many wrestling fans, going back for decades, have always been chided for liking something as "gay" and "retarded" as wrestling. Now, one of the top young guys of the WWE will be posing in a gay mag. It's like a sick joke is being played by the WWE on its fans here. The WWE doesn't have much of an audience left to lose. But they aren't going to be gaining many new fans with this Orton deal.

Terrible move by the WWE here.

Guest Trivia247
Methinks the WWE just set Orton's career back big time. He's never going to be accepted as a face no matter how many times fans see him with Stacy or some other Diva ho.

EVERYONE HAS HAD STACY~

The Dudleyz, Test, Scott Steiner, etc. have all had Stacy by their side at one point. She has terrible taste. HBK posed for Playgirl and the following year his title reign tanked even though he was booked rather strong in the first half of his 1996 title reign. That was *no* coincidence.

Orton should just go back to being a heel since the heat he'd be getting would at least be the kind Vince would be shooting for. He's too sleezy and unconvincing to play an honest babyface and doesn't have the mic chops to make people give a shit about him and his problems. Now he's got Kiwi backing him. Where's Alan Funk at?

He's *never* going to draw all that big in the future if he has a gay mag spread hanging over his head. Many wrestling fans, going back for decades, have always been chided for liking something as "gay" and "retarded" as wrestling. Now, one of the top young guys of the WWE will be posing in a gay mag. It's like a sick joke is being played by the WWE on its fans here. The WWE doesn't have much of an audience left to lose. But they aren't going to be gaining many new fans with this Orton deal.

Terrible move by the WWE here.

playgirl made Shawn lose his smile.

playgirl made Shawn lose his smile.

That was after his abysmal title run.

There was also that episode of Action Zone where they went to Shawn's lockerroom for an interview and he was in there naked with some other wrestler (I want to say Sid). He told the interviewer to wait for a second while he put something on, and it ended up being a towel which he did the interview in.

Guest LooneyTune

Stacy is the real kiss of death. No matter who she manages (Shawn Stasiak, The Dudley Boyz, Scott Steiner, Test, etc. etc.), she just vaccum sucks away any heat they have (if any in some cases). Probably the most useless person on the roster, or at least in the top 10.

I never made that connection with HBK's cover mag and title reign flopping(Bret sure as hell didn't help with his constant remarks). You know, til this day some of my more markish friends think HBK's gay and is HHH's lover FOR REAL. Kahran Ramsus that segment you are talking about is actually with HHH right before the HIAC match on the free for all ppv show. Unless you are speaking about another incident which makes it even worse. I mean I think this does have some merit because I can't exactly see Austin being in a gay mag and actually explaining to his fans why it's okay. It would have hurt his image in 1998 for sure.

What I'm talking about occured on one of the weekend shows (I really think it was Action Zone) in like March 1995. It could have been 1994 on Mania, and the other guy was Diesel, but I really think that is too soon. 1995 seems right. It was definitely in March, because I was in Florida at the time.

Guest LooneyTune

When 85% of the WWE fanbase is male, having your top babyface on the cover of a magazine for homosexuals is NOT the smartest thing to do. It just alienates him from the crowd even more.

I've always thought that a lot of these young guys in the WWE have a sort of queer look to them.

At the least, a lot of them are pretty metrosexual.

I'm looking at you, Rene Dupree, and your frosted hair.

Dupree plays a Frenchman. In WWE-Land, that's pretty much the same as being gay. And if you think he's bad, you haven't seen enough of Grenier & Conway. This goes back years. Just look at "The Model" Rick Martel and the Fabulous Rougeau Brothers. Dino Bravo might have been spared, but he did seem to have a strange relationship with Earthquake, so maybe not.

Guest LooneyTune

If you have seen Grenier and Conway, see them have a flag "Stuck up their asses" by Batista a few months ago. I think Conway was the bitch in that incident.

When 85% of the WWE fanbase is male, having your top babyface on the cover of a magazine for homosexuals is NOT the smartest thing to do.

NEWSFLASH: Not every male who watches WWE is straight.

Guest LooneyTune

Please, not this argument again, please? It's no surprise though, that the majority of fans are straight men who cheer for tough guys. When your top babyface is booked like a wimp or to appeal to women more, it leads to disastrous results (points out the horrible HBK babyface run in 95-96).

Please, not this argument again, please? It's no surprise though, that the majority of fans are straight men who cheer for tough guys. When your top babyface is booked like a wimp or to appeal to women more, it leads to disastrous results (points out the horrible HBK babyface run in 95-96).

Its not like us straight guys are cheering for Orton anyways.

"Feeling Randy? - Is the WWE courting gay fans?"

no, they just want to let us know that Orton has a soft asshole.

"Feeling Randy? - Is the WWE courting gay fans?"

no, they just want to let us know that Orton has a soft asshole.

I guess this Orton "mega-push" knows no bounds :lol:

This thread has BY FAR the most comedic potential of anything to come down the pike since the "OAO Raw is Randy" thread last year.

Randy Orton should come out next RAW with a huge cover of the Gay Express. He should say he finally found his destiny and that's he totally gay. Fans will turn on him because now Stacy Keibler is hurt. Then after saying he's gay he should do a promo on the Undertaker and that he's going to kill the legend. He would be an immediate Heel and he might become the most succesfull Gay Heel ever in WWE history! :lol:

Guest Loss

The Rock has courted the gay community, but he didn't start doing that until he made the transition from wrestling to Hollywood. Truth is, no one will probably even know about this in the US, and it's not the sort of thing WWE is going to push hard enough to where it has an impact. Much ado about nothing, really.

Orton will fail as a top babyface for the same reasons Michaels' first run with the title didn't do as well as expected, though. That much I do agree with.