TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Destination X Review From Keller

Hopefully Shocker's in for a huge push. He could be huge for TNA if they can keep him around long term.

I hope he's got some ability. He looked pretty good for the couple of spots he had last night but the best thing they could say about him was that he's in a McDonalds commercial. I point this out only because of how much emphasis and importance they put on that. I'm supposed to mark out for this guy because he's been in a commercial.

I quit watching TNA a long time ago, but if they give Shocker real PPV time I will so buy the show every month.

hell yes jeff jarrett has beaten everyone!!!! and now the biggest young contender to the title is on his side. i love you dusty!

Guest Deadbolt
So what's the point of Brown turning?

His entire gimmick has been essentially based around winning the NWA World Title. How is he supposed to do that when he's on Jarrett's side?

Uh, how bout them doing something UNEXPECTED. Not a damn person saw it coming. Jarrett was the only credible heel in the company. They had to have another heel in the main event picture.

Hopefully Shocker's in for a huge push.  He could be huge for TNA if they can keep him around long term.

I hope he's got some ability. He looked pretty good for the couple of spots he had last night but the best thing they could say about him was that he's in a McDonalds commercial. I point this out only because of how much emphasis and importance they put on that. I'm supposed to mark out for this guy because he's been in a commercial.

He is pretty good.

Did you like Garza? I personally would rate him higher than Hector, overall.

The one thing I am curious about is whether Shocker will have crossover appeal with the non-latin fans. I think he can, but it'll be interesting to see how they book him.

Uh, how bout them doing something UNEXPECTED. Not a damn person saw it coming.

Unexpected does not necessarily = good.

Jarrett was the only credible heel in the company. They had to have another heel in the main event picture.

Valid argument.

However, your statement alone does nothing to convince me that this was a prudent course of action, turnign Brown, when they could just promote any number of their current heels into a main event position, such as Abyss, or Christopher Daniels, or Raven.

Shocker to me has a more 'North American' look than Garza... therefore his chances are getting over are probably better.. because like it or not, people are racist.

Guest MikeSC
hell yes jeff jarrett has beaten everyone!!!! and now the biggest young contender to the title is on his side. i love you dusty!

I'm tellin' ya --- the only guy left to challenge him is --- DUSTY RHODES.

-=Mike

...Then he'll sign David Flair and go over him...

Shocker is 1000% Guapo, bitches........all the Jeff Hardy fans will jump on his bandwagon soon.

Suicidal Tope con Hilo > Senton

La Reina > Twist of Fate

Big Boot > Punch

Luchadore bumps > Falling on tables, ladders, etc

Peroxide blond > Smurf rave paint

The ppv on Sunday was alright, I thought, but had some obvious booking flaws and the undercard wasnt as good as Turning Point/Final Resolution, much like last month. Turning Monte Brown was a huge mistake too if the plans are for him to just be Jarrett's lackey. If it leads to an immediate storyline between them that Brown was just playing on Jarrett to get another title shot, then that would be ok.

Opener was ok but nothing spectacular, probably should have gone a little longer with all of the guys in there that there was. **

Sabin v. one of the Naturals was a weird match for a ppv. Couldnt they have gotten a better guy to face Sabin? I marked out when Shocker appeared though, he should be a good talent that they can build around like they did with Garza. * 1/2

Raven and Rhodes had another letdown of a match. Better than last months but still not up to what you'd expect * 1/2

Tag battle between the chicks two teams was needless filler that didnt really interest me. *

Brown v. Trytan was really bad and probably should have never happened. Bad match with a bad finish = DUD

Abyss v. Hardy was way better than last months match and probably will be one of the Six Sides of Steel matches for next month. Probably Hardy's best worked match in his TNA run. That bump from the scaffolding was pretty cool. Finish fell flat though *** 3/4

Nash and Gunn, believe it or not, was decent, but still nothing special. Adding gimmicks like blood and some hardcore stuff made it a little more bearable. ** 1/4

I thought Ultimate X Challenge was as good if not a little better overall than the last Ultimate X. The spots they were doing were innovative and were spread out throughout the tag, 3 way, and finale match. The finish appeared botched with the belt not being able to come off the top, but it was the plan it appears as it led to the ref bump and Daniels winning. Great match and hope they do the cage match gimmick with them next month. **** 1/2

The main event was ok but I've seen these two have much better matches before and I didnt like all of the crap with the people outside and especially the Brown turn. I keep saying it every month but the longer Jarrett has the belt, the worse its going to get. ** 1/4

Like I said before, if Brown is going to be a long term heel, they are making a HUGE mistake. Chances are though that this might be (I Hope) a setup to another match with them sooner than later, perhaps the next ppv or the May one. How it should be booked is a King of the Mountain match soon (how long have I said they need to do this?) with Brown turning back in that match and winning the title, kind of giving the impression this was all planned out in advance to "play" Jarrett to get to the title.

Just saw the show. I'm not going to try to say this was a good show overall, as the undercard especially was very weak and did not live up to the last few shows, but there were a few highlights...

-Ultimate X challenge! This is TNA's ace in the hole. They can put on the shittiest shows imaginable, throw an X division match out there for a half hour and all of a sudden you have no choice but to go thumbs in the middle. Very well layed out and excecuted match. Skipper and Daneils' interplay was fun. The Best Moonsault ever spot from the middle of the wires was incredible. The ending was a little lame (a trend for the night) but the anticipation to it with both of them climbing up and coming down was excellent. Oh got to mention the STO off the wires, that was great too. Daniels should do good with the belt.

-Hardy and Abyss had another good brawling match. It's a shame they couldn't interact with the amusement park itself but it's dark out and they probably wouldn't be allowed. Hardy's insane swanton off those metal beams on the wall gets 2nd for spot of the night. That was insane and looked like a legit 15 feet up. Kudos to Hardy for taking the back bump into the tacks too. Sick visual with the bloody puncture wounds. Don't see why anyone would want to take that though...

-SHOCKER~! That dive was sweet. I've never seen him before but read a lot about him. Great pickup for TNA.

-DDP and Jarrett had a decent title match, but once again the interference and crowd brawling is just beyond cliche. Jarrett does find yet another strange object to incoporate into his match with the swivel chair. That was funny to watch him spinning around. Never saw the Brown turn coming. They were leading us on with BG James the whole time. Hopefully this leads to Brown turning on Jarrett sometime in the near future, but who knows at this point. I like Brown as a deranged heel better anyway.

as for the bad, the undercard was pretty brutal...Phi Delta Slam vs. DOD felt like it went on for an hour before it mercifully ended, the booking was way overthought in a lot of cases, like the Outlaw/Nash finish and the Trytan debut was just horrible (never mind nearly killing Brown on the press slam) and I don't know what drugs Dusty Rhodes was on to come up with that ending.

Overall, a thumbs in the middle show for TNA. I can't in good conscience reccomend a replay like I did the last 3 shows, but the Ultimate X challenge saved this one and is worth seeing along with Hardy/Abyss and a decent Jarrett/DDP.

My star ratings (which everyone loves so much to yell at me about, even though it's my opinion)

Team Canada vs. AMW/3Lk: **

Chris Sabin vs. Chase Stevens: *1/2

Raven vs. Dustin Rhodes: *1/2

PDS vs. DOD: DUD

Trtyan vs. Monty Brown: -*

Jeff Hardy vs. Abyss: ***1/2

Outlaw vs. Kevin Nash: *3/4

Ultimate X Chalenge: ****1/2

Jarrett vs. DDP: **1/2

Like I said before, if Brown is going to be a long term heel, they are making a HUGE mistake. Chances are though that this might be (I Hope) a setup to another match with them sooner than later, perhaps the next ppv or the May one. How it should be booked is a King of the Mountain match soon (how long have I said they need to do this?) with Brown turning back in that match and winning the title, kind of giving the impression this was all planned out in advance to "play" Jarrett to get to the title.

I agree that this scenario is the only way this makes sense. But to give them credit, it gives them an out if Brown doesn't get as over as a heel as they hope, they can have him pull the favor card, saying that because Dusty was playing favorites with the older guys, this was the only way he could get the title, which was more important to him. Also, they have a ready-made storyline of Dusty throwing veterans at him to "prove himself," which will allow him to get wins over the known stars that they have. I can see this happening at Slammiversary (this is their next big "PPV," and there's no better way to make it seem memorable than being the first monthly PPV to feature a title change. And if they don't do it here, they'll have to wait til Bound for Glory in Sept.) Otherwise, the turn doesn't make much sense.