TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

The Shield Season 4 Offical Thread

Guest Brian

I think there's going to be another cop-killing with the Strike Team next season, taking out the guy from IA, only this time there's going to be a huge moral-dilemma that's going to destroy things and finally bring on Vic/Shane (maybe even having Shane take the initiative by killing the IA agent and having Vic react to that).

Spike TV Acquires Off-Network Cable Telecast Distribution Rights to 'The Shield' From Sony Pictures Television, Beginning March 2006

Released by Spike TV

Spike TV Acquires Off-Network Cable Telecast Distribution Rights to 'The Shield' From Sony Pictures Television, Beginning March 2006

NEW YORK, July 18 -- Spike TV has acquired the off-network cable telecast distribution rights to the award-winning crime/drama series "The Shield" from Sony Pictures Television. Spike TV will premiere "The Shield" one night a week beginning March 2006.

"We're aggressively seeking out quality programming that will compliment our male-branded strategy," says Robert Friedman, Senior Vice President of Programming for Spike TV who negotiated the deal for the network. "The Shield has tremendous audience appeal and is one of the most talked about series on cable. We're excited to offer the show to a whole new audience on Spike TV."

"The Shield" made history by becoming the first ad-supported cable series to win a Golden Globe Award for Best Drama Series in 2003. Series star Michael Chiklis has been honored with a Golden Globe Award in 2003, an Emmy Award in 2002 and the Television Critics Association Award for Best Actor in a Drama series, all basic cable firsts. In its fourth season, the cast was joined by five-time Academy Award nominee Glenn Close bringing with her a new ratings surge. The series has been nominated for two 2005 Emmy Awards -- Glenn Close for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series and CCH Pounder for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series.

Shawn Ryan is the creator and executive producer of "The Shield" for Fox Television Studios in association with Sony Pictures Television. Scott Brazil and Kevin Arkadie are co-executive producers.

Last night FX started airing the Shield from the very beginning. They're going to be showing the whole run of the show in order every Saturday night from 11-2, leading up to Season 5 in January. I had never seen the first season, so that was a treat. VCRs and Tivos ahoy.

So any new news on who's going to end up being the new Captain for season 5?

No word, though I would not be suprised if they have Acaveda reclaim the job under the notion that he wants in on Forrest Whitaker's character's IAD investigation of the Strike Team. Which could make for an interesting duel arc for the character and the Strike Team, as Acaveda goes all-out Captain Ahab when he finds out that Vic and the Strike Team are going to be busted at long last, throwing away his political career and his family in the process, and ultimately going down in flames when it comes out that he got raped/had a cop killer kill his rapist in exchange for immunity.....

Last night FX started airing the Shield from the very beginning.  They're going to be showing the whole run of the show in order every Saturday night from 11-2, leading up to Season 5 in January.  I had never seen the first season, so that was a treat.  VCRs and Tivos ahoy.

excellent news. I'm glad you said something, because I never watch FX unless it's Shield season, and that's the kind of thing I never would have known :cheers:

BUT WHAT ABOUT RONNIE?!

One scenerio I have thought up would be that Vic arranges for Ronnie to leave the Strike Team and serve as Dani's mentor as she gets promoted to detective status. Everything goes ok until Dani learns that Vic specifically had Ronnie assigned as Dani's mentor so that Ronnie could keep Dani (pregnant with child) out of harms way. And for added humor, we get a running gag where everyone thinks Ronnie is the father (because Ronnie drove a drunk Dani home after the celebration at the end of season four) and Ronnie being forced to play along with the notion after Dani tells him that she's wanting to keep it a secret that the father of her child is the informant guy from season three who kept hitting on her, since said reveal could cost her the promotion to detective. Which creates new tension as Julien starts harrassing Ronnie for not marrying the pregnant Dani, since Dani can't trust Julien enough to tell him the real identity of her child's father.

Also, it would set Ronnie up to come to the Strike Team's rescue when the IAD investigation goes down via Ronnie using his status as "that guy in the background" to move around and derail IAD's investigation and possibly expose Acaveda's assorted secrets, with Dani's help (since Dani has a good relationship with Acaveda).