TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

The Shield Season 4 Offical Thread

Damn! That may have been my favorite Shield thus far.

Shane coming clean was very well done, and they stretch it out another week with the lie detector. I thought after the blast on his kid, Antwon was going to have to go off on Shane somehow.

Antwon going back at the end saying he knew all about the dead cops was golden. The heel played it perfectly. Nice to know he could still play a MAJOR role in the last 3 episodes.

3 episodes left...that sucks...Rescue Me comes back in less than a month...that rules!

I thought after the blast on his kid, Antwon was going to have to go off on Shane somehow.

I think he was going to, but then he looked down and saw Shane's hand next to his gun and I think he figured out what he was trying to do.

Guest Brian

Antwon's going to end up with a shiv in his back by the end of the season.

He saw what Shane was trying to do. That's why he cuffed himself back up.

Last night sure felt like a season finale to me. 90 Minutes...all the shit that went down and it's NOT OVER.

Any thoughts about where Aceveda's storyline is going to go now? I thought for a moment he was going to kill the hooker...

Dames

Guest Brian

I had forgotten that his wife knew he was going to the hooker for help.

I say the hooker tries to pull something and for some reason he ends up going to Vice for help. I say that next season Vic's tied to everyone, and by the end thing have completely fall apart on him. If it is the last season, that's the way to go.

The episode was decent (the whole Dutch/Claudette B-Plot keeps it from being excellent) until the end, as I'd have perfered that Vic break up the rest of the Strike Team's celebration with the fact that by pulling the scheme they pulled that they've essentially burnt their bridges with Monica, who will no longer give Vic and the rest of the team the blind faith trust that she had towards them previously. Oh and for the IAD cop to, off the top of his head tell Monica everything evil Vic has done (including Vic killing Terry) before she showed up as Captain with the camera focusing on Glenn Close as she goes from "OK, I can handle it" to "Dear God! What kind of monster have I been working with?" as the list of evil deeds are told to her.....

That said, am I the only one who found it ironic that Shane would badmouth Antwon over his son's sexuality given that Shane's own sexuality seems to be leaning towards him being gay given his pathological obsession with being the only person in Vic's life.

As for the hooker, I'm guessing they are going to drop the storyline since it seems that by doing to her what the gang member did to him plus finding the dead bodies of the cops, Acaveda reached a sort of "moment of clarity" where his mental problem finally came to a head and were resolved before he did something he would regret. Plus, with Glenn Close leaving, they'll need to keep Acaveda a sympathetic character since the rumor is that Close's departure is going to be connected to her going "Fatal Attractions" crazy in the remaining couple of episodes.....

Guest Brian

With three episodes left, who is going to die? Odds:

Monica: EVEN

Antwon: 3-1

Army: 3-1

Shane: 7-1

Anyone else should be on this list?

Anyways, if they do have to silence Shane for the Terry incident, does anyone suspect that it might be best to have Lem do it, binding him to Vic? Did someone already say this?

Tack on Antwon's second-hand man because I have a feeling if he doesn't cooperate somebody will take the punishment too far. I honestly can't see Shane being murdered but Monica and Army seem inevitable.

I missed the whole convo between Dutch & Connie at the end

Can anyone brief me what happened?

Corrine asked Dutch if he was dating her to get back at Vic and, after a lot of hemming and hawwing, admitted he did at first.

He claims he loves her now but she's extremely pissed at him for lying to her. (I think she's also pissed that Vic was right yet again.)

Anyways, if they do have to silence Shane for the Terry incident, does anyone suspect that it might be best to have Lem do it, binding him to Vic? Did someone already say this?

I said that, though that was before the writers fucked up this season's main arc of Shane vs Vic by going out of their way to make Shane look incompetant and run crying to Vic to clean up his mess. The writers have gone out of their way to avoiding mentioning or even alluding to Terry's death. And after tonight's episode I think we can give up all hope of the writers bringing it back up as a major storyline.

They've also missed the boat towards Lem killing Shane unless they have Shane and Lem go at it again out of the clear blue and even then, for it to even work you'd have to have Lem kill Shane of his own free will as an impulse act of rage. And given Lem's feelings about the things the Strike Team does, Lem would probably follow up his killing Shane by putting a bullet in his own head out of guilt before Vic could even recover from the shock of Shane's death.

That said, the show's fast approaching the shark jump moment with Glenn Close's departure and the pathetic way they handled Vic vs Shane via yet another stupid cosmic reset ending. At this point, the best way I can think of them moving the show into new directions storylinewise would be to do some massive upheaval with the status quo and keep it for longer than ten episodes:

Have TPTB offer the Captain's post to Dutch (which he would accept) under the notion of Dutch being the only person for the job who TPTB can control and play off Dutch dealing with his new power and the politics of being boss

Pair Ronnie and Claudette together and play Ronnie and Claudette against each other in terms of Ronnie being a morally ambiguous detective with a heart of gold and Claudette as a by-the-books detective who's trying to "save" Ronnie from the ultimate doom that Vic and company are heading towards.

Have Dani and Julien be promoted to work with with the Strike Team as undercover cops and them dealing with working with Vic and the dark side of Vic's way of doing things. Start up a relationship between Dani and Lem and have Julien become Vic's new project in terms of mentoring, much to the horror of Shane.

Good I hope someday Vic and Corrine get back together.

I disagree. There is so much potential in terms of having Dutch and Corrine get together and Vic having to smile politely towards their relationship when he's with Corrine and their kids while taking out his frustrations at work via his prank war vendetta against Dutch; not to mention the potential of Dutch throwing it into Vic's face every time Vic picks on him in public that he's fucking Vic's wife.

Edited by JasonX

"That was an ingenious prank."

"Nah, but it felt good."

You know, out of all of the cliched one-liners that the writing staff stuck in this week's episode this is the only one that actually was funny.

"Eatin' aint cheatin'"

CLASSIC Cletus!

Good episode. I loved how Shane played everything for jokes as a way to calm himself anbd play it off like the lie detector didn't scare the piss out of him.

I'd be bummed if this were the end of Army.

Too bad we didn't get any Julian or Dani this week. I know they've basicaly just been filler all season, but good filler.

I know the season isn't over, but I gotta give season 4 MVP honors to Walton Goggins and Anthony Anderson.

And FX cannot have a show with a happily married couple. The Shield, Nip/Tuck, Rescue Me...can't happen.

Guest Brian

Updated Odds:

Monica: EVEN

Antwon: 3-1

Army: 3-1

Halperin: 8-1

Shane: 10-1

I'm thinking Army's going to make it out more and more, but the way he turned on the precinct says alot. Shane went down.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT, I didn't see that coming...

I'm wondering how they'll explain that one to the captain.

Part of me is disappointed that they wasted yet another gold-mine of a plot (Dutch going apeshit and attacking Vic) but the back and forth manipulation between Rawlings and Acaveda and the fall-out of Acaveda fucking Rawlings over made the episode, though I think they should have had the episode end with Vic just walk away and not even acknowledge an obviously shocked and apologetic in the "what have I done?" sort of way Acaveda begging Vic to understand the logic he's using to justify his quite literal deal with the devil. Much more appropriate ending and having Vic, who's jaded sense of what is right and wrong/letting evil walk away in the name of the greater good is on the record, be left speachless at the realization of what Acaveda did and the line he crossed to do it, with Acaveda all but outright begging Vic to agree that he did the right thing on the basis that Vic is no stranger to such moral quagmires....

That said, the fact that Acaveda did the deal to kill his rapist makes this whole mess yet another thing that ultimately is Vic's fault since had he not set into motions the events that caused Acaveda's rape that Acaveda wouldn't have had to let Antwon get away scott free for arranging the murder of two police officers.

But next week's episode should be extra-great since it's Glenn Close's last episode and the spoilers for the finale I've read have Glenn Close FINALLY breaking out her "Evil Psycho" moves as her character tries to get revenge on everyone who's pissed her off this season.