TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

Orton's RAW promo

Guest Salacious Crumb

I won't. I have so many other outlets for wrestling with puro and the indies that I don't need to watch the WWF. It's not a big move since I've been FFing through 99% of the shows since 2002.

EDIT: I've only said that two other times. At WMX-7 I was going to quit if Triple H beat Taker and after X-8 if Steph won the WWF Title.

If Orton wins, the entire IWC will bitch about how WWE refuses to give the fans what they want. 

If Undertaker wins, the entire IWC will bitch about how WWE refuses to make new stars and how Undertaker's selfish.

If Orton wins at Mania I never watch the WWF again.

I can't stand the Undertaker but his streak still means something and it would be the ultimate slap in the face for it to be broken by someone like Orton.

I won't go that far, but I certainly won't be happy. They might as well have jobbed him out to Viscera. It would be a complete waste to have him job to Orton at Mania. Taker will be tainted by losing his streak, and it could easily ruin Orton's career. Putting Orton over is lose-lose. You can at least salvage this terrible feud if Taker wins.

^I fail to see how Orton winning would ruin Orton's career. That makes no sense.^

If Orton wins, the entire IWC will bitch about how WWE refuses to give the fans what they want. 

If Undertaker wins, the entire IWC will bitch about how WWE refuses to make new stars and how Undertaker's selfish.

I can't stand the Undertaker but his streak still means something and it would be the ultimate slap in the face for it to be broken by someone like Orton.

No, Undertaker needs to put some guys over for the good of the business.

Giving Stacy the RKO....it makes no sense.

Unless your name is Marc Mero, heels don't have popular valets. The reasoning may or may not be there but he had to cut that tie.

I was actually hoping he would do it.

So was I.

Stacy took the RKO real well, I thought.

Yes...but not Randy Orton. Taker has one big job in him, and why waste it on a never-will-be like Orton?

Guest Salacious Crumb

Yes he does. I agree 100% that Taker needs to put guys over. But the Mania streak should be used for the next to propel the next Austin superstar type to that height. Not for some loser they missed the boat on in the summer and are now making a last ditch effort to get him any kind of heat.

The crowd doesn't want Orton to be the one and HE WAS A FACE. It's not for the "good of the business" if the audience honestly doesn't want Orton. That would be like saying Lex Luger should have pinned Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania for the World title "for the good of the business".

And blowing the biggest building chip they have on ORTON is the biggest mistake they could make.

Actually, the only bigger mistake would be Triple H going over at Mania.

Taker's WM streak is one of those things that just shouldn't be broken. He should end his career undefeated at WM. It's more than just a number to me, it's one of the few things in wrestling that has a true meaning anymore. For them to put Orton over Taker at WM, it shits on one of the only things that is "pure" in WWE anymore.

How many titles someone has had doesn't really mean shit anymore. The length of a reign doesn't mean anything anymore really. Hell, even being a champ doesn't mean as much as it did, especially the lesser titles.

Let this stay around, there is nothing to be gained from it ending.

The problem with Orton was they turned him face. If he wins against Undertaker, he'd be the most over heel in the company.

Guest Catcher8C

I think the promo made perfect sense. His new character seems to be one where he constantly feels like he needs to prove himself, and the crowd's mixed responses play into the messed up psyche Orton is trying to portray. He feels he has to live up to the billing and be the fearless prodigy that he was always meant to be, but most of the confidence he exudes is a way to expose his fear of losing.

Stacy did look nice tonight, but like I said, the idiots over at tpww.now are making out like crazy because they know Orton is going to win.

You got idiots like Loose Cannon juicing himself in the pants.

One thing kept going through my head watching Randy speak out there...he totally forgot what he was going to say....

Randy's thought process: "alright, make sure I say I won't be a victim...victim, lots of victims...oh crap, I said victim too much; they're not buying it...oh, I know, I'll just RKO Stacy!"

(btw, TSN cut out halfway through the RKO - anything else of note happen?)

The problem with Orton was they turned him face. If he wins against Undertaker, he'd be the most over heel in the company.

No, he wouldn't because the fans wouldn't take him seriously and they would still think he was being overpushed. He'd be another X-Pac. X-Pac got lots of heat too, but people tuned out during his segments because they wanted him to go away as opposed to wanted him to lose. He was already ruined as a face. If you put him over Taker you ruin him as a heel too.

He was already ruined as a face. If you put him over Taker you ruin him as a heel too.

Yes, because winning a high profile match ruins your career.

HUH?

He was already ruined as a face.  If you put him over Taker you ruin him as a heel too.

HUH?

Going over Kane a billion times sure helped X-Pac's career didn't it?

Guest Salacious Crumb

Look at Road Dogg and X-Pac during 2000. They were getting huge amounts of X-Pac heat as even marks were getting sick of them going over every young tag team there was.

It's the same thing with Orton. Fans will turn on him for ending the only special thing left in wrestling. They will only accept the next big thing beating the Undertaker at Wrestlemania and even the marks know that Orton isn't anything special by this point.

He was already ruined as a face.  If you put him over Taker you ruin him as a heel too.

HUH?

Going over Kane helps no one. I can't think of anyone who's gotten any rub from defeating him.

On the other hand, defeating Taker at WM is a HUGE rub. It possibly can't be a negative for Orton's career. There's an arguement if it's good for the company or not, but I don't see much of a arguement for it being bad for Orton's career.

If it were Batista going over Taker, they wouldn't have nearly the problems that they will have with Orton going over.

Going over Kane helps no one. I can't think of anyone who's gotten any rub from defeating him.

On the other hand, defeating Taker at WM is a HUGE rub. It possibly can't be a negative for Orton's career. There's an arguement if it's good for the company or not, but I don't see much of a arguement for it being bad for Orton's career.

Okay, how about another one. Remember the last big streak in wrestling? How well did WCW benefit from Nash ending it?

Guest Rrrsh

Would you holier-than-tho smarks shut the fuck up already and start thinking clear.

Orton endings Taker streak is WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN. Taker would not be where he was if vets didnt put him over. His time is up, his marker is up, he NEEDS to put over the young talent with the rub he has.

And this shit that Orton is a never will be is just ignorant.

Yes he does. I agree 100% that Taker needs to put guys over. But the Mania streak should be used for the next to propel the next Austin superstar type to that height. Not for some loser they missed the boat on in the summer and are now making a last ditch effort to get him any kind of heat.

Put me on this bandwagon as well.

I have no idea who should get to break the streak, but it should happen. It just shouldn't be Orton.

HUH?

You're creating a cause-effect relationship where none exists. Is going over Kane really what killed X-Pac's career? If that was the case, then no babyface should lose, ever.

Guest Rrrsh
If it were Batista going over Taker, they wouldn't have nearly the problems that they will have with Orton going over.

Batsita will be a failure in 3 months and turn into another Kane in the eyes of the fans.

Orton has 20 years to left in his carrer and will be the future.

Would you holier-than-tho smarks shut the fuck up already and start thinking clear.

Orton endings Taker streak is WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN. Taker would not be where he was if vets didnt put him over. His time is up, his marker is up, he NEEDS to put over the young talent with the rub he has.

And this shit that Orton is a never will be is just ignorant.

I don't think alot of people are arguing that Taker shouldn't lose, but rather not to Orton. If Taker is retiring in the next year, than yes, Orton should win. But if he's sticking around for longer, I don't see it happening. Besides, Taker's last Mania match should be his lost. It's the only rub he has left, so once that's done, he's done.

It depends on the situation. Would you job Hulk Hogan clean in 1987 to Honky Tonk Man? Obviously not. Would you job Mick Foley to put over HHH as the next big star in 2000? Absolutely.

Orton is not the right guy.

I don't think alot of people are arguing that Taker shouldn't lose, but rather not to Orton. If Taker is retiring in the next year, than yes, Orton should win. But if he's sticking around for longer, I don't see it happening. Besides, Taker's last Mania match should be his lost. It's the only rub he has left, so once that's done, he's done.

He isn't leaving any time soon unless he suffers a career ending injury. You don't here nearly as much retirement talk surrounding Taker as you do guys like Angle & Booker.

Would you job Mick Foley to put over HHH as the next big star in 2000? Absolutely.

Didn't Foley put Orton over?

Yes.

I think if someone is going to end the streak it has to be someone the fans perceive as legit. I think Batista beating UT at WM would go over better, or how about someone like RVD who has at least taken Taker to the limit in the past (though RVD is injured).

If someone ends the streak it can't just be some out of nowhere challenge like what Orton is doing. It should be someone who has been THIS close to beating UT in the past but hasn't done so.

Batsita will be a failure in 3 months and turn into another Kane in the eyes of the fans.

Orton has 20 years to left in his carrer and will be the future.

Batista is a developing face, so a program with the Undertaker wouldn't work either. Only a really hot, formidable heel would work. Which Raw and WWE doesn't really have right now.

But I think fans would believe Batista as being physically capable of beating the Undertaker more than they would Orton.

Would you job Mick Foley to put over HHH as the next big star in 2000?  Absolutely.

Didn't Foley put Orton over?

Yes.

And that was fine. Foley is retired. He should put Orton over. Unfortunately, Orton screwed it up in the fall. If Rock came back, Orton should beat him. If Austin came back, Orton should beat him. If HBK was wrestling him, then we'd probably be in a similar situation that we are now.

Taker has one big job in him, and you are going to waste it on a nobody like Orton. Save it for someone special.

I think if someone is going to end the streak it has to be someone the fans perceive as legit. I think Batista beating UT at WM would go over better, or how about someone like RVD who has at least taken Taker to the limit in the past (though RVD is injured).

I don't like RVD. But if he went over Taker, it would be far more likely to be accepted than if Orton does.