TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nevermortal

Adventures with Ribs

One time, I went to a steak house with someone who had never eaten ribs. He proceeded to take one of the ribs he had, and repeatedly dip it in the sauce cup that accompanied the meal. After dipping, he licked the sauce off the rib, never actually eating the meat, therefore missing the point of having ribs.

Does this sound unusual?

He was from Long Island, perhaps that explains.

I remember being disgusted by the sight of ribs back when I was a kid. They just looked gross. Of course now I eat them by the truckload. Don't know what all that signifies.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Mike, my former roommate, ate nothing but ribs and chicken wings. Guy looked like a fuckin' four year old with all the barbecue sauce on his face and fingers.

I don't eat anything sticky.

I've never had ribs either. Or at least, not real ribs, since I've had the McRib and its school lunch counterpart. But I was always turned off by the real thing due to its look after cooking and the fact that I don't like a lot of pork stuff in the first place.

I've never had ribs either. Or at least, not real ribs, since I've had the McRib and its school lunch counterpart. But I was always turned off by the real thing due to its look after cooking and the fact that I don't like a lot of pork stuff in the first place.

Well, there is a little invention called the beef rib that is also good.

I also eat wings w/ a knife & fork.

Now that, my good sir, is insane!

Back in college, I used to eat them the "normal" way, but I quickly got tired of the resulting messy hands/face. I understand that's "part of the experience", but fuck that. I don't like getting messy when I eat.

Also, when eating corn on the cob, I cut the corn *off* the cob prior to consumption. Goes back to when I was younger & had braces, and didn't want to deal w/ kernels all in the hardware (or the possibility of damaging the equipment). I don't like getting the kernels stuck in my teeth, so I continue to cut the corn off.

Not really an adventure per-se, but let me be the first to admit that watchign a girl eat a rib does NOT turn me on. Everyone always says how sexual & phallic it is; it really does nothing for me.

Well, there is a little invention called the beef rib that is also good.

See, the family always made pork ribs when I was growing up and it continues to this day, so I've pretty much just stayed away from ribs period since that was the association in my mind. It's dumb of me but until a few years ago, I wasn't even aware that beef ribs were that common with pork being the preferred rib. Still, either way, it's not like I'm gonna try them any time soon.