TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheJuice31

How hyped are yall for WM21?

Actually, you don't cause you're a bit of a dumbass. But that's ok, you'll fit in with all the other folk who are excited over nothing.

speak for yourself.

Guest bottyboy

You're also a bit of a dumbass for caring about what I'M hype for.

So yes I do see a pattern.

I'll let this speak for me:

Considering I'am going to be there live. you bet I'am fucking hyped.

I'am looking forward to pretty much everything sence its my 2nd live event ever! and its a WrestleMania of all events. I even kinda wanna see Trish Vs Christy live, which definlly won't be great but it will be fun to see.

the World Title Match, the WWE title Match, Angle/HBK, Orton/Taker, the Ladder Match, Rey/Eddie, Piper's Pit. this is gonna be one phenomanal event!

Guest Brian

I can't blame someone for being hyped for going to a show live, but it really is a sub-par show and nowhere near Mania-standards.

I'am looking forward to pretty much everything sence its my 2nd live event ever! and its a WrestleMania of all events. I even kinda wanna see Trish Vs Christy live, which definlly won't be great but it will be fun to see.

the World Title Match, the WWE title Match, Angle/HBK, Orton/Taker, the Ladder Match, Rey/Eddie, Piper's Pit. this is gonna be one phenomanal event!

Whats your point?

Do you see WWE fans flooding the MMA board(they actually have one, didn't notice) with countless Wrestlemania hype during the discussion on whatever unknown MMA event is coming up?

You're also a bit of a dumbass for caring about what I'M hype for.

I feel dumber after every word you write. Fortunately for me, you seem to be unable to produce anything beyond one or two lines. YAY!

I can't believe you are hyped for such an underwhelming WM. Are you 11? Cause that's about the peak age when I was hyped for Wrestlemania based on it being "Wrestlemania". Then I sorta grew out of it cause that event was WM 9 and it blew chunks. Since then, WM hasn't really proven to be a "must buy" event. But hey, they put all this effort into providing shitty storylines to shitty matches, might as well reward em by spending $50.

Meanwhile, PRIDE and UFC just completely dog it when making their awesome cards. Who the hell wants to see the top fighters in the world compete against each other when you can watch perfectly mediocre wrestlers fake punch each other for 20 minutes with little variation and effort, eh? Taker/Orton~! Batista/HHH~! Cena/JBL~! WILL ALL BE THE SAME MATCH~! Shitty Punch, Shitty Punch, Shitty Kick, Shitty Move, Shitty transition, Shitty Punch, Shitty Punch. WRESTLEMANIA~!

This Granddaddy needs to be put in a home.

Yeah that spoke volumes.

You're also a bit of a  dumbass for caring about what I'M hype for.

I feel dumber after every word you write. Fortunately for me, you seem to be unable to produce anything beyond one or two lines. YAY!

I can't believe you are hyped for such an underwhelming WM. Are you 11? Cause that's about the peak age when I was hyped for Wrestlemania based on it being "Wrestlemania". Then I sorta grew out of it cause that event was WM 9 and it blew chunks. Since then, WM hasn't really proven to be a "must buy" event. But hey, they put all this effort into providing shitty storylines to shitty matches, might as well reward em by spending $50.

Meanwhile, PRIDE and UFC just completely dog it when making their awesome cards. Who the hell wants to see the top fighters in the world compete against each other when you can watch perfectly mediocre wrestlers fake punch each other for 20 minutes with little variation and effort, eh? Taker/Orton~! Batista/HHH~! Cena/JBL~! WILL ALL BE THE SAME MATCH~! Shitty Punch, Shitty Punch, Shitty Kick, Shitty Move, Shitty transition, Shitty Punch, Shitty Punch. WRESTLEMANIA~!

misc10.jpg

So basically, you don't like wrestling. If I hadn't been here for years of you talking about how the "best thing for the business" was for Benoit to win every match clean, have none of the heels ever say anything bad about him, and main event every PPV, Raw, and Smackdown, I'd think that you were just a gimmick poster that was here to tell us how wrestling sucked.

The fact is that WM has a way better looking card than it has the last couple years. But since OMG~BENOIT's not in the main event, you don't care, and we're stupid for caring. And then we have to hear about MMA which has nothing to do with this thread, and which the vast majority of us could give a fuck less about.

I mean really, Angle/HBK, and HHH/Batista are the same match? Just stop posting in this thread until you get over yourself.

Guest Ransome

So basically, you don't like wrestling. If I hadn't been here for years of you talking about how the "best thing for the business" was for Benoit to win every match clean, have none of the heels ever say anything bad about him, and main event every PPV, Raw, and Smackdown, I'd think that you were just a gimmick poster that was here to tell us how wrestling sucked.

The fact is that WM has a way better looking card than it has the last couple years. But since OMG~BENOIT's not in the main event, you don't care, and we're stupid for caring. And then we have to hear about MMA which has nothing to do with this thread, and which the vast majority of us could give a fuck less about.

I mean really, Angle/HBK, and HHH/Batista are the same match? Just stop posting in this thread until you get over yourself.

I happen to agree with RRR. The card for WM is poor, and the buildup outside of Batista/HHH has been poor. Truthfully, I can't see how anyone can be hyped about a card like this, except those who have learned to love what they've been spoonfed by WWE for the last 4 years.

Pauline Kael once said something about how most movies are crap, and that unless you learn to love crap, you'll be constantly disappointed. With WWE fans, it seems we have people so accustomed to WWE programming that they'll be excited with whatever random crap they pull out to constitute a Wrestlemania card. As I see it, anyone on this board could come up with a better card for WM 21 than WWE. Thing is, WWE can do so much better....they have done better in the past, after all. So why accept the mediocre?

That is, of course, how it appears on paper. They could prove me wrong and deliver big time and actually provide some great matches with logical payoffs. But when's the last time they did that succesfully?

I happen to agree with RRR. The card for WM is poor, and the buildup outside of Batista/HHH has been poor. Truthfully, I can't see how anyone can be hyped about a card like this, except those who have learned to love what they've been spoonfed by WWE for the last 4 years.

Pauline Kael once said something about how most movies are crap, and that unless you learn to love crap, you'll be constantly disappointed. With WWE fans, it seems we have people so accustomed to WWE programming that they'll be excited with whatever random crap they pull out to constitute a Wrestlemania card. As I see it, anyone on this board could come up with a better card for WM 21 than WWE. Thing is, WWE can do so much better....they have done better in the past, after all. So why accept the mediocre?

That is, of course, how it appears on paper. They could prove me wrong and deliver big time and actually provide some great matches with logical payoffs. But when's the last time they did that succesfully?

Well, everyone can form their own opinion. RRR just goes overboard with it while putting everyone down who isn't a overly bitter smark as he is and comes off as an asshole.

I happen to think WM21 has a great card. the best sence WM19. last year's card. while a overall great show. had 5 good matches. World Title, Eddie/Angle, Jericho/Christian, Big Show/Cena and the Cruiserweight match were the only great matches. Evolution/Rock and Sock, and Taker/kane were decent matches while both Tag Team matches, the shitty Brock/Goldberg match and the pointless Evening gown match really dragged the show down.

really, the only matches that looks to be bad this year is the Sumo match and the Womans match. every other match should be decent to potential show stealers.

Guest Ransome
Well, everyone can form their own opinion. RRR just goes overboard with it while putting everyone down who isn't a overly bitter smark as he is and comes off as an asshole.

I happen to think WM21 has a great card. the best sence WM19. last year's card. while a overall great show. had 5 good matches. World Title, Eddie/Angle, Jericho/Christian, Big Show/Cena and the Cruiserweight match were the only great matches. Evolution/Rock and Sock, and Taker/kane were decent matches while both Tag Team matches, the shitty Brock/Goldberg match and the pointless Evening gown match really dragged the show down.

really, the only matches that looks to be bad this year is the Sumo match and the Womans match. every other match should be decent to potential show stealers.

You do realise, of course, that you're judging one event in hindsight against another in foresight ?

It would have made a little more sense, at least as far as I'm concerned, if you'd compared the card of WM XX (as in, before it happened) with the card of WM 21 as it stands right now. For sheer potential, can you honestly say WM 21 is better than 20 in any way ? Even Brock vs Goldberg looked like a great matchup before Brock announced it'd be his last.

Are you 11? Cause that's about the peak age when I was hyped for Wrestlemania based on it being "Wrestlemania". Then I sorta grew out of it cause that event was WM 9 and it blew chunks. Since then, WM hasn't really proven to be a "must buy" event.

Since then? Even the beloved WM X?

You do realise, of course, that you're judging one event in hindsight against another in foresight ?

It would have made a little more sense, at least as far as I'm concerned, if you'd compared the card of WM XX (as in, before it happened) with the card of WM 21 as it stands right now. For sheer potential, can you honestly say WM 21 is better than 20 in any way ?

I'll compare. Here's how I feel and felt about the most anticipated matches, side-by-side.

Main event

Then: HHH vs. Benoit vs. HBK

Now: HHH vs. Batista

I know that the smarks were having a collective orgasm over Benoit being in the main event, but I've never liked him as a face, and the build for this match was pretty weak. Benoit won the RR, jumped for no reason, and challenged HHH. Then HBK interjected himself and the whole thing got all convoluted. This year, Batista and HHH have a tremendous feud, and it will be really enjoyable to see the Batista era get going.

Advantage: WM XXI

Secondary title match

Then: Kurt Angle vs. Eddie Guerrero

Now: John Cena vs. JBL

The quality of the buildup to the match was about the same. Then, we had relatively big names, a match that could go either way, and pretty much guaranteed in-ring goodness. Now we've got (hopefully) the end to JBL's endless reign of doom, and that's about it.

Advantage: WM XX

Special Attraction

Then: Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg

Now: Kurt Angle vs. HBK

OK, Lesnar vs. Goldberg was supposed to be a dream match, and it was both men's last match in the WWE. However, neither one of them had legend status enough for us to care about their last match, so it ended up just being a meaningless exhibition between two guys who can't wrestle well. HBK/Angle's got some solid backstory going for it, as well as arguably the best worker from each brand. Should be tremendous.

Hyped Undertaker match

Then: Undertaker vs. Kane

Now: Undertaker vs. Randy Orton

The Taker/Kane story had been told too many times for anyone to care, and Taker's "return" from a few month hiatus wasn't really lighting my world on fire either. Also, no one on earth thought Kane had a chance in hell of going over. Meanwhile, Randy Orton's looking like he might finally be the guy to end the Deadman's streak, and no one really knows whether he'll do it or not. The way it's been built, Orton ending Taker's streak could be the most memorable moment of the night.

Top undercard match

Then: Evolution vs. Rock and Sock

Now: Money in the Bank ladder match

It was nice and nostalgic to see Rock and Foley back in the ring, and it was great entertainment. However, the ladder match has the potential to be TLC level off the charts awesome. In addition, it will affect the storylines long term, as the winner of the match has a guaranteed shot to main event a major PPV. The Rock and Sock match was the kind of thing you think would be "neat to see". but the Money in the Bank match is the kind where you wonder what's going to happen and who's going to win for weeks leading up.

So there you go, out of the top five matches, WM XXI looks better for four out of five, and I'd definitely say it's a stronger card. WM XX may have had a more fleshed out undercard, but all-around I'd say the card for WM XXI looks a lot stronger.

I happen to think WM21 has a great card. the best sence WM19.

What the hell are you talking about? There's been, like, ONE WrestleMania since 19. What a stupid quote.

World Title, Eddie/Angle, Jericho/Christian, Big Show/Cena and the Cruiserweight match were the only great matches.

How could anyone think that these are great matches? I mean, the others aren't really great either, but I can at least understand you there. But.... Big Show/Cena? The cruiserweight open??? What was great about them? I'm sure you'll tell me you enjoyed them so they MUST be great.

Evolution/Rock and Sock, and Taker/kane were decent matches

Taker/Kane was sick. It was one of the worst Mania matches ever. I know you're a Taker mark, which is all well and good, but don't let that blind you from the fact that this match sucked a pig's dick.

Iggymcfly, just because the card is better than last years (which I don't really agree with) doesn't make it good.

Guest bottyboy

No Rudo i'm not 11. I'm a grown man who chooses to like wrestling over a bunch of punk ass UFC fighters (they're both a work anyway.). MMA bores me, like WWE obviously bores you. The difference is, i'm not acting like a bitch because you don't like WWE. You on the other hand is acting like a female about MY choices. Stop being so emotional.

Neither UFC or Pride have the top fighters in the world. Boxers are the top fighters in the world. Boxers don't lay on each other for 10-15 minutes they actually fight.

Does MMA make moe money then WWE?

I happen to think WM21 has a great card. the best sence WM19.

What the hell are you talking about? There's been, like, ONE WrestleMania since 19. What a stupid quote.

Ha, I laughed for ages at that.

Guest Zanmato

Im only really looking forward to the Money in the Bank ladder match and Eddie/Rey and thats it. I was more hyped for WMXX to be honest since I was looking forward to both of the main events. I cant see WMXXI's main events being anywhere near the standard of WMXX.

Angle/Micheals should be pretty good though. Can't say the same thing for Christy/Trish or Orton/Taker.

I'm sure I'm not as hyped about it now as I will be Sunday afternoon, but I'll be stoked by match time . . . After all, it's WrestleMania, and even though the card kinda has some "just like other PPV's" feel to it due to flawed buildup, it's also got some awesome matches on it. Eddie/Rey, Angle/HBK, and the Ladder Match (if Kane stays on the floor) should all be good . . .

What intrigues me most about this year's show is that there's only 8 matches signed, but it's a four-hour show. While I know Piper's Pit and the HOF stuff will take up a good amount of time, there's still a considerable amount of time to give all the matches proper time to build. And if you consider that the women's match should be relatively short, then there's only 7 matches for an extended show. Is it possible that they're gonna give all the matches 20 min. each? That would rock, and definitely give us the potential for possibly three MOTY's in Eddie/Rey, Angle/HBK and Money In The Bank.

Now, after saying all of that, WWE will add about four meaningless matches on Heat Sunday night, so that nothing but HHH/Batista and Cena/JBL gets any amount of time whatsoever.

I'm not hyped at all. There's nothing on the card that's appealing on paper. On top of that, my best option to see the show is at the theatre, and it's likely if I do that, I'll probably wind up wanting to fork out money instead for Sin City for the second or third time.

Besides, Red Sox vs. Yankees kicks off the baseball season at the very same time.

Well I too am spilt sinc eof opening day. But I hear dit might rain in NY on sunday, so who knows? If it does not Ill tape the game and watch mania.

GO YANKEES 2005!!!!!!

I'll be going to a local bar to see Wrestlemania. The cover charge is only $5 so it's not bad. I'll go with a few friends, order some chicken fingers, and enjoy the atmosphere. It's not like I'm going to watch Game 7 of the World Series or the SuperBowl. I'd like to see a few of those "Wrestlemania Moments" happen to make my $5 worth it. But, if the show sucks, I won't be too upset.

Honestly, I stopped caring about wrestling PPVs the moment they went over 30 dollars. There isn't a card around that is worth more than 30 dollars to see live on PPV. I don't care if Andre the Giant was coming back from the dead to wrestle The Big Show, it wouldn't be worth more than 30 dollars.

50 dollars? To watch wrestling on a television? Come the hell on.

Guest Salacious Crumb

I don't care about anything on this card. $50 is just a stupid price as the WWF is so bad it's hard to convince people to come over and break the price up.

I am however hyped up for Couture/Liddell II and will be getting that instead of Mania.

I think Mania could surprise people, but it could suck too. It's either or just like the match outcomes. Okay, I'll be honest here and say the hype for WM XX was better(except in the world title match obviously), but I think some of this year's disappointment in Mania's build is due to the burn people got from WM XX's "where it all begins again" theme. WM XX is really over-rated. To be honest, the last time Mania really felt like Mania during the hype was WM 2000 with the All-Day Long special that ended up disappointing everyone with HHH retaining at the end of it.

Nothing has really changed since then, so why would people be hype again in the same way for the event when it seems like things won't change. I think that is over-riding a lot of the lack of anticipation along with other things. WM X-7 was a classic, but again the ending with Austin's heel turn might have turned people off.

WrestleMania XX

Main Event

Of course, the net is going to be all happy about Benoit being in the main event, but I can clearly remember people pissing and moaning that Triple H wasn't going to job and that Benoit would win at Backlash. Seriously, Benoit winning is the only thing worthwhile on the card a year later. Even then, making it a triple threat match took away the traditional feel of going over the champion for the belt. HHH had a built in excuse and didn't really put Benoit over with HBK all up in the mix.

WM 21

Umm.....the same thing is happening again this year with some seeing Triple H retaining and Batista going over at Backlash because of the "first match" of the feud theory where the feud is in its infancy and Batista has a shitoload of momentum. Okay, wasn't some people complaining last year that Benoit looked like crap in the build up the main event? Now this year they actually are making the challenger look like a real threat and some think the contender has too much momentum?

Brock/Goldberg burned fans and that's why they got booed the hell out of the building. That match sucked and even the stunners looked forced. The only thing good about this match was seeing both these guys getting pissed on.

Kane/UT also sucked imo. The only thing that saved it from getting booed out of MSG like Brock/Goldberg was the entrance. Once he stepped in the ring and we saw BikerTaker the whole thing was a big set of hype for nothing.

I won't even bother go through everything, but I honestly forgot like someone else that Rikishi was even on the friggin card last year. I also forgot about the cruiserweight nonsense that was like a minute. Seriously, WM XX was not that better off. It was the hype of the 20th anniversary and heading back to MSG. It had the hype, but it really didn't deliver that much. Rock 'N Sock was okay, but would it have killed them to do Foley/Orton at the event instead? That match would have meant more at the event instead of Backlash. They were building that match since December and then all of a sudden Rock is thrown in there.

I really think some are overhyping WM XX. Of course, maybe I'm running down the event, but take note that I have every Mania on tape or DVD and I haven't even bothered to get WM XX. I have seen the event twice. Once when it happened at my friend's house and later on the tape he recorded it with. Seriously, I think if Eddie and Benoit weren't in the main events a lot of the net would be pissing on Mania XX more than they are.

This year's event made a lot more sense for last year with the HOF induction. WM 21 beats it there. Batista/HHH is also built up better than last year's main event. Angle/HBK won't stink up the joint like Brock/Goldberg. There's no tag title defense and so on, but I don't think people would be clamoring over seeing OJ defending his title in a 4 minute match along with Regal/Tajiri v. La Resistance part 2,994. If they do give the time for the good matches it could be better than last year's obviously. I mean Christian/Jericho was a hyped match last year for crying out loud. Trish it seems was the only one who got any good out of it. Last year's event was really disappointing in many ways and they are paying for it this year with all the hype or lack thereof. Cena has a better build and match than last year for sure. Remember Big Show US Champion who didn't even defend the damn title for months?