Sign in to follow this  
Betty Houle

HAS ANYONE READ:

the Jimmy Hart book?

the Harley Race book?

the Dusty Rhodes book?

the Terry Funk book?

the HHH workout book?

the Bruno Sammartino book? the Jack Brisco book?

...tumbleweed blows by...

Guest Miss Indy Queen
the Jimmy Hart book?

the Harley Race book?

the Dusty Rhodes book?

the Terry Funk book?

the HHH workout book?

Jimmy Hart Book - I read it, and it was alright. He talks a lot of background about his music career and then his profession in wrestling. For some reason I fully couldn't get into the book so it took me a while to actually finish it. Short book.

Harley Race book - Alright book, once again felt very rushed but the stories weren't bad in it. Mildly recommend it.

Dusty Rhodes - I have the book but haven't read it yet.

Terry Funk - I'm about 150 pages in and it's great. If you love Foley's book it's kinda along that path but obviously foley's is # 1 in my book. Just from what I read, highly recommend it.

HHH workout book - bought the book so I could get it signed at a signing. Alright book but wouldn't buy it full price.

bruno Sammartino - Have the book but haven't read it. Got it in January at Wrestlereunion and from what people have told me, it's an ok book but kayfabe's a lot as a lot of the older wrestlers books are (race is this way too).

jack Brisco - Read it a long time ago and I like the book. Would recommend it.

If you have any other questions, let me know.

Are useless moron useless moron Scott Keith's books all as bad as I've heard?

Tonight, In This Very Ring didn't seem too useless or moronic to me, so I guess its just up to your tastes.

Guest Miss Indy Queen

I read the first and second book of his and while the first was ok, with him writing it in timelines (which at times some were inaccurate, yet I can't remember off the top of my head), the second book was garbage. He basically did a cut and paste job of his rants and the book jumped all over the place. I didn't bother with the latest book, because after reading the second, I wanted to rip my eyes out it was so bad.

Guest MikeSC
How was the Death of WCW? Was it more of a factual timeline of info or more like Wrestlecrap The Book Volume II? Thanks.

I thought it was pretty good, actually.

-=Mike

Guest Miss Indy Queen
How was the Death of WCW? Was it more of a factual timeline of info or more like Wrestlecrap The Book Volume II? Thanks.

I really enjoyed Death of WCW. I mean if you followed wrestling during this time, alot of if you already know, but it was great to relieve that whole history and see the stupid things WCW did back in the day. Highly recommend this book, and besides, I got Bischoff and Nash to sign the book!

Death of WCW was fantastic.

I only had a short time to read Terry Funk's book in the store, so I skipped about halfway through to the point where Funk goes to Japan. It's nothing great, but some of it is quite interesting, with some tidbits that I'd never heard about scattered throughout.

I scanned through Jimmy Hart's book from 1993-on, and found it pretty boring. He doesn't badmouth anyone, and generalizes everything. There were no stories about the wrestlers he managed in WCW, the backstage atmosphere, etc.

Jimmy Hart has always struck me as too laid back and content w/ life to write a truly captivating, enthrawling book. But it's that same attitude that I dig about him. Seems like one of the few good guys in wrestling.

Guest Miss Indy Queen
I scanned through Jimmy Hart's book from 1993-on, and found it pretty boring. He doesn't badmouth anyone, and generalizes everything. There were no stories about the wrestlers he managed in WCW, the backstage atmosphere, etc.

That was my problem with the book which took me forever to finish it. I just couldn't get into the book no matter how hard I tried. Just very lackluster.

the Jimmy Hart book?

the Harley Race book?

the Dusty Rhodes book?

the Terry Funk book?

the HHH workout book?

I will definitely get Terry Funk's book which some are calling even better then Foley's. I'll probably get Dusty Rhode's too just because. I have no interest in the others listed.

I'd also reccomend Death of WCW. If you watched at all towards the end the traumatic memories will come rushing back. It's organized very well and a good read.

As for Scott Keith's books, the first one is mostly filler since he was writing for a series style "The Buzz On" and doesn't contain anything you won't know. The second book, Tonight In This Very Ring is ok. If you like his rants and their style you'll love it, since a lot of it is the same material. I haven't gotten Death of the WWF yet but probably will since I like Scott Keith's rants ducks tomatos

I picked Terry Funk's book up this past Saturday when he did a show in Lenoir, NC. Even got him to personalize it by calling me an egg sucking dog :)

Looking forward to reading it when I have the time. Funk was on WOL a few weeks back and Meltzer put it over as perhaps the best wrestling book ever.

Thanks for the comments! I'm trying to just have a "essential" wrestling book collection because I (and my boyfriend) own way too much shit. I read parts of some wrestling books at Borders to see if they're worth my while. Some of the above books I haven't seen in-store yet.

I'll probably get the Brisco book and the Funk book.

Bought and read the Funk book. Damn good stuff!

Guest LooneyTune

How was Ted Dibiase's book? I got it from someone quite a while ago, but forgot about it until today when I was cleaning out some junk.

Guest terryfunk4life123

Errr my barns and noble does not carry the terryfunk book so i have to get it on the internet

Guest DeputyHawk

Just to throw in, has anyone read the Arn Anderson book? It came out a few years back and I heard it was a pretty good read. How about the Gary Michael Capetta?

Arn Anderson's book and Ted Dibiase's book are both garbage.

Guest DVD Spree
I heard it was REALLY preachy.

Meh, it was okay, but DiBiase wa sin full-on God mode and there's a definite religious slant to the book that pretty much overrides everything else. Still, nice to hear a couple of Iron Mike stories.

Just to throw in, has anyone read the Arn Anderson book? It came out a few years back and I heard it was a pretty good read. How about the Gary Michael Capetta?

Anderson's book is decent, but too much kayfabe. Capetta's is pretty good but sad in that he seems like a guy who loved what he did but got shafted thru politics

Reading "The Death of WCW" as we speak. So far so good.

Read Chynas Book~ UGH

Litas Book~ was OK I suppose.

That "HeadLocks" book by that Moonyham guy. Wasn't very good at all.

Foleys books were fun.

Flairs book was great.

Scott Keiths first two were too much of what was already available on the net for free.

In my opinion, they left out a lot of stuff, and seemingly not because of space constraints. I learned a lot of stuff that I didn't know about. But still, there was no mention of the red and black Wolfpack, not even a paragraph, and how they contributed to the 1998 ratings. There were other things, too. I should have highlighted stuff as I read. It's also sometimes difficult to determine whether the authors are being sarcastic or not.

But don't get me wrong. Good book.

How was the Death of WCW?  Was it more of a factual timeline of info or more like Wrestlecrap The Book Volume II?  Thanks.

I really enjoyed Death of WCW. I mean if you followed wrestling during this time, alot of if you already know, but it was great to relieve that whole history and see the stupid things WCW did back in the day. Highly recommend this book, and besides, I got Bischoff and Nash to sign the book!

You should try sending RD an e-mail. He said that there was no chance that Eric Bischoff would ever sign his book. As far as I know, Nash and Russo have signed the book, but not Bischoff. So you could be making the next update.

Guest Miss Indy Queen

Thanks for the tip maybe I will although Bischoff was so drunk off his ass Wrestlemania weekend he probably didn't have a damn clue of what he was signing.

I read Arn's book and too much Kayfabe if you ask me. I liked Cappetta's book a lot

i liked Race's book, just finished reading it. it touches on a lot of the major events of his career, but it does skim through most things without going into really extensive detail, so if you were around during Race's wrestling career its probably all stuff that you already know.

Guest LooneyTune

Now who's left to sign the book?

Signed: Kevin Nash, Eric Bischoff, Vince Russo

Didn't Sign: Hulk Hogan... anyone else?