TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vern Gagne

Old TV shows you want back on TV

I go along with the MST3K and USA High nominations.

Hang Time, California Dreams, Swan's Crossing, Shasta McNasty and Herman's Head...those are just off the top of my head. I'm also nominating shows that probably won't see the light of day on DVD for a loooong time, if ever.

I'd like to see REAL Star Trek on network TV(ie anything but Enterprise). I'd also like to see the old school TMNT, Underdog, Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers, and Darkwing Duck. In other words, I wish I were a kid again.

being the Transformers mark that I am, all this shit they keep putting out will NEVER top the originals...I mean is there some damn reason why they just can't CONTINUE the old series, just with updated animation and plots? I mean seriously, stop jerking me off with this rip-off Optimus Prime and give me THE Optimus Prime, is it THAT damn hard?

I'd like to see a remake of Automan, I loved that shortlived series when I was a kid...

Miami Vice....I know we're getting a movie of it, but it's starring Colin Ferrell so that automatically means it will suck...does Spike TV still show reruns?

being the Transformers mark that I am, all this shit they keep putting out will NEVER top the originals...I mean is there some damn reason why they just can't CONTINUE the old series, just with updated animation and plots? I mean seriously, stop jerking me off with this rip-off Optimus Prime and give me THE Optimus Prime, is it THAT damn hard?

If they did continue with the old series in the US, they'd have to recognize that F'd up Headmaster saga that they built in the final three episodes of the US series.

Oh, and *Hugs complete Transformers series DVDs*

Guest SpiderFan

The Tick. Doesn't matter if it's the cartoon or live action version, both were good.

I go along with the MST3K and USA High nominations.

Hang Time, California Dreams, Swan's Crossing, Shasta McNasty and Herman's Head...those are just off the top of my head. I'm also nominating shows that probably won't see the light of day on DVD for a loooong time, if ever.

I have to agree on most of those zack. Cant belive I forgot abotu shasta, I somehow got way into that despite being mad that they premiered it right after an early ep of smackdown (which made sd only 90 mins that night and IIRC had a main event where rock reffed a british bulldog match)

Hoever the show grew on me.

and of course you know how I feel about all those sat morning teen/high school comedies. :lol:

BUMP!!!!!

anyhow I was just thinking the other day, that there should be a cable channel filled with nothing but old failed and/or cancelled sitcoms. Hell fox alone could have their own channel.

what do you guys think?

UPN officials thought that Shasta McNasty would be the show that put the network on the map. They hyped the hell out of it and did cross promotion with the WWF, but none of it worked. They had the same idea 4 years later with ..... The Mullets

I watched 15 minutes of The Mullets. I don't see how anyone could read the script, film it, review it, and then see that it airs on TV. Although UPN comedies are the shits.

Is American Gladiators still on? If not, that. And all those rip offs of it, too.

Big bump to say that you'll be happy that NBC is strongly considering reviving American Gladiators to air after Sunday Night Football.

Guest Vitamin X

This conversation begins and ends with Arrested Development.

Oh, MST3k and Clone High as well.

I have to say I was disappointed by how badly the original series of Transformers has aged. I'll always hold it in fondness, but no, couldn't watch it now. I still like the original movie though.