TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
natey2k4

Backlash Discussion

Wow seems to be WWE did something good. The show looked weak on paper, only 5 matches with the turmoil match added tonight. Obviously the main draw was Hogan returning. Seems 2005 is the time they come back alive...haha

Wow seems to be WWE did something good. The show looked weak on paper, only 5 matches with the turmoil match added tonight. Obviously the main draw was Hogan returning. Seems 2005 is the time they come back alive...haha

Meh, probably not.

Does anyone know what was up with Flair at Backlash. He came out to his own music before the HHH-Batista match and looked sad. Then JR and Lawler spent like 3 minutes commenting on how Flair looked concerned. Flair then announced HHH's entrance and then went about his normal managing duties and it was never mentioned again. I thought they were setting up some kind of angle where Flair would fake being ill leading to HHH winning but nothing came of it at all. I was just wondering if anyone had any idea what was up with that?

Guest JerichosHi-Lite
Hogan and HBK won?

Why?

Still can't believe that. Where's the sense in Hogan and Michaels winning?

Since it's supposed to be Hogan's last match and they want the fans to think that it is so he wins. As if someone could beat HBK and Hogan....tsss :lol:

But if they ARE going to waste PPV time down the line on Hogan vs HBK, it would have been better for HBK to super kick Hogan by accident and Hassan to score the pin after Davari pulls Michaels out.

Then there WOULD be a reason for Hogan vs HBK and you actually give Hassan a big win over a guy who really should have been gone years ago. This really was like if Foley had come back and beat down Randy Orton four times then pinned him on PPV.

I agree that Hassan should have won because that would boost his career but Hogan probably didn't even want to lose. And if HBK superkicked Hogan, even by accident, and they started a feud, HBK would be the Heel and he doesn't want to be a Heel cuz it's against god and whatever. HBK vs. Hogan might still happen, but they will do it the same they did with Mysterio/Eddie before WrestleMania. A match out of respect for each other, a match the fans will never forget, this is what the fans want to see bla bla bla, all that crap. Both stay Face and Hogan has a big "last" match.

Hogan's last match should be putting over Randy Orton.

I'm kidding.

The only money match left for hogan is against austin,not hbk imo.Both hogan and austin are in no condition to wrestle again and if they were both would refuse doing the job.

Hogan might not even be able to to the legdrop much more to have a real singles match. Unless, they are saving the leg drop for Hogan's last match for a huge pop, but I doubt it. HBK might believe he can get a classic out of Hogan for his last match. I don't know it just seems like a style clash. It seems Hogan wants a match with Austin and we know why. He wants that huge heat against the man who can be arguably his equal in the history books. Austin might not want to jeopardize his place in history by booed against Hogan which I'm really starting to believe will surely happen.

sounds like a good PPV.

I doubt Hogan will wrestle another match.

Did he take any bumps last night at all?

I'm baffled as to why anyone would seriously want Hassan and Daivari beating Hogan and Michaels. It would suck horribly and the crowd would have shit all over it, and not in a heel heat way. People buy Hassan as a heel Arab, like to boo him, but he's not a credible in ring force since he, you know, SUCKS. Having those bums go over two icons is a sick joke and I'm glad they didn't do it. Hell I bet Daivari felt privileged just to job there.

If HBK had gotten Jannetty as his partner then I can see giving the win to the Arabs. Incidentally what's up with Jannetty anyway? Isn't he supposed to be back?

Guest LooneyTune

Last I heard, he was finishing his contract obligations at Indy Shows.

He dropped some elbows on Daivari, but that's it as far as leaving his feet went.

How did NO ONE pick up the "chicken-eating" thing with Viscera? Holy FUCK, the entire sports bar gasped when Trish said that.

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

He dropped some elbows on Daivari, but that's it as far as leaving his feet went.

How did NO ONE pick up the "chicken-eating" thing with Viscera? Holy FUCK, the entire sports bar gasped when Trish said that.

Viscera probably does eat alot of chicken. He didn't get that fat from eating lettuce.

Viscera probably does eat alot of chicken. He didn't get that fat from eating lettuce.

Viscera must have ordered a lot of chicken on their date.

Anyone else think its sounds like Triple H was booked to be the face in the match?

Yes. But I'm sure he cheated at some point, so that negates the fact he had batista pinned for the 50 count.

Guest Ransome

I haven't read the whole thread, but I wonder if anyone else noticed this rather interesting nugget of information....

When Viscera was walking to the aisle, JR started talking about how Vis needed to win the match to continue his relations with Trish and referred to him as a 'man on a mission'.

Does anyone think this was a subtle intentional dig by JR, or just one of those 'shoot comments that aren't supposed to be shoot comments'?